• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I pronounce myself totally unsurprised that this scoundrel is attempting to paint himself as some kind of whistleblower hero reporting on a "rogue" unit.
    Shades of Saul Alinsky: portray your accusers as the real villains

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With a whisper of thread necromancy, I herald tidings from French diplomacy.

French troops kill AQIM's Ali Ag Wadossene in Mali - BBC News

French special forces have killed a militant Islamist in Mali who was said to have been freed in exchange for the release of Frenchman Serge Lazarevic.

So, here's my take: it is understood that the militant will go back to militancy, but the idea is to trade for someone that you want to survive, then go kill the militant that was released.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...So, here's my take: it is understood that the militant will go back to militancy, but the idea is to trade for someone that you want to survive, then go kill the militant that was released.

So those five that got released for Bergdahl should be terrified....

....or rather, would be terrified if the administration had the stones that the :gulp: French have.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So those five that got released for Bergdahl should be terrified....

....or rather, would be terrified if the administration had the stones that the :gulp: French have.

Yep. Consider that. The French Republic (currently in its 5th iteration), appears to have a more rational, comprehensive foreign policy than we do, including a willingness to put boots on the ground in places where it is necessary to further her national interest.

(N.B. French foreign policy has actually been comparatively rational and comprehensive for a long time. That just may be news to some INGOtarians.) ;)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    With a whisper of thread necromancy, I herald tidings from French diplomacy.

French troops kill AQIM's Ali Ag Wadossene in Mali - BBC News

So, here's my take: it is understood that the militant will go back to militancy, but the idea is to trade for someone that you want to survive, then go kill the militant that was released.

Ultraminiaturized subcutaneous GPS burst transmitter?

ETA: Followed by Hellfire bedtime story

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

According to his lawyer, anger and hatred against Bergdahl has run so rampant that he might not get a fair trial.

“In short, it has been ‘open season’ on Sgt. Bergdahl,” wrote Eugene Fidell, a military law veteran and former president of the National Institute of Military Justice. “His immediate commander believes he is in physical danger, and therefore has required since last year that he be accompanied by NCOs [non-commissioned officers] whenever he leaves Fort Sam Houston.”

Perhaps he would be safer in a cell where he belongs?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    That's nicer than anything I've come up with.

Well, can't execute him before the trial as that's now how we do things. I figure he'll probably skate on this if they haven't even started to try him yet...but as I said early in the thread, he should hang if he abandoned his post and got other troops killed.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Well, can't execute him before the trial as that's now how we do things. I figure he'll probably skate on this if they haven't even started to try him yet...but as I said early in the thread, he should hang if he abandoned his post and got other troops killed.

Unless youre 0bama with a drone strike.......then that whole "right to a trial" and American Citizenship thingy goes right out the window.

and speaking of the kenyan-in-Chief, why isn't he being impeached and charged with treason over this deal alone?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Sadly there is no way Obama will give him the death he deserves if guilty. Perhaps they can trade him back for the four remaining terrorist and let him live his life out in the sandpit following his sex change. That would basically be a death sentence.

Top Bottom