• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nodonutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Alexandria
    Wow! Just, WOW! Ok, here in my part of Hendricks County we don't peg the silly-meter quite that much.
    Throwing rocks at trees? Kids will do that and that's better than cars or houses.
    Coyote going after a deer? Hey pal, at least it ain't snacking on your pomeranian.
    Suspicious fishing? Not using dynamite, what's the problem? And get to know your freakin neighbors!
    The more things change, the more they stay the same ---- I worked in the SF Bay Area from '84- '04, The East Bay near Oakland and the hills... Sounds like a lot of the calls I took 30 years ago (Damn I'm :oldwise: - I hate you all for reminding me. JK) We used to have pursuits into Oakland and call OPD. They'd tell us, "OK, thanks for letting us know. Be sure to tell us when you leave." What? And be sure to turn out the lights, as well? We got to know parts of Oak-town so well, we were setting up perimeters and literally had maps w/ post up points. It was unreal. They had their hands full and couldn't help. My neighbor was an OPD homicide dick - one time, when they were close to setting a record # of murders, and I asked if he thought they were going to surpass it. He told me , "I got half a dozen on life-support... we can pull the plug, if need be, to hit the number." And laughed... sick cop humor. I miss it.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Didn't read all 175 posts so sorry if this is a dupe................but does anyone need another reason to carry at least one extra mag? Not saying you should carry a couple hundred rounds but I'd like to hear some thoughts about potential plans of action in a situation that goes a step or two further than this this did..........i.e. actual riot and you and your family is in the middle! Yes I know situational awareness...........but hey we were in the back of the store and I was holding my wife's purse :whip: while she tried things on and now we're coming out into this........OK? :popcorn:

So how would another mag help in this situation? From all reports no shots were fired, thugs beating on other thugs, from everything I read the best course of action was to remove oneself from the area.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    So how would another mag help in this situation? From all reports no shots were fired, thugs beating on other thugs, from everything I read the best course of action was to remove oneself from the area.

" in a situation that goes a step or two further than this this did..........i.e. actual riot "

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Anybody else remember when Lafayette Square was a very nice place to shop? How about Eastgate Mall and Washington Square? When you see a Burlington Coat Factory open at Castleton Square, you can be assured the end is near! In the meantime, you'll find me at Greenwood Mall, carrying concealed!

Oh, and by the way, WTF are you going to do with all that extra ammo in the middle of a fight in a mall? Oh, I get it. Shoot more people unjustifiably! Good thinking!

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Anybody else remember when Lafayette Square was a very nice place to shop? How about Eastgate Mall and Washington Square? When you see a Burlington Coat Factory open at Castleton Square, you can be assured the end is near! In the meantime, you'll find me at Greenwood Mall, carrying concealed!

Oh, and by the way, WTF are you going to do with all that extra ammo in the middle of a fight in a mall? Oh, I get it. Shoot more people unjustifiably! Good thinking!

Yep exactly what I asked ............... Suggestion on how much ammo to carry to kill innocent people at the mall!:facepalm:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Nothing I've read, and I assume most of the posters are readers and not eye witnesses, would justify shooting someone. So kind of senseless to go on about having extra mags or if they allow carrying this wouldn't have happened. Did the thugs attack bystanders?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Nothing I've read, and I assume most of the posters are readers and not eye witnesses, would justify shooting someone. So kind of senseless to go on about having extra mags or if they allow carrying this wouldn't have happened. Did the thugs attack bystanders?

He was asking a hypothetical question about if the situation had escalated to a more hostile one than what actually happened at Castleton. Say the group attacks you and your family. I think an extra mag would be a good thing to have. If you need to shoot someone to get them off/stop attacking your wife, there will be a lot of their friends coming for you. If you don't need to use it, great. If you do need to, you better have it!

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Obviously an extra mag. would not have been used in this situation, BUT - the extra mag. would not have been a detriment in this situation, or any situation that I can think of. Other than the logistics of carrying the mag., better safe than sorry is my motto. As they say, I've never read a story of someone stating after the fact that they regret having too much amunition when the SHTF.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He was asking a hypothetical question about if the situation had escalated to a more hostile one than what actually happened at Castleton. Say the group attacks you and your family. I think an extra mag would be a good thing to have. If you need to shoot someone to get them off/stop attacking your wife, there will be a lot of their friends coming for you. If you don't need to use it, great. If you do need to, you better have it!

I'd be interested to see how that would play out (in theory, not reality). I'm not pointing this specifically at you, but one should be mindful of other options than gunplay. Most attackers rarely telegraph their intentions prior to actually being able this do harm to their victims.... unless it mob-mentality type stuff. And if you're still around after noticing those indicators, if any of your family gets hurt, part of blame falls on you.

Top Bottom