• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The article sounded like it was written by another Dick, also from Illinois....Durbin. Should have never been written, and definitely shouldn't have been printed! Stupid ought to hurt, sounds like they're both unemployed now.:yesway:

Unfortunately, the damage has been done, the Brady campaign, Yahoo, among others picked up on the story and ran with it.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Apology accepted.

we still aren't friends, and I still don't want to do business with you.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would also bet that Mr. Metcalf is no longer welcome on some of the other TV shows he "stars" in. Once gone from G&A, the others will follow. Mr. Metcalf apparently does not realize that good news travels fast, and bad news travels at the speed of light.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Take a hike, (you)Dick!!!

I will say this, however. At least G&A got rid of Metcalf posthaste, and the editor himself hastened his own retirement. It is refreshing to know at least there are a few that know what the term "responsibility" and "accountability" mean. Some, if not most of our elected politicians could learn from this example. Of course, what am I saying?? Politicians will never, if ever learn.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    At least this appears to be a sincere and heartfelt apology. Not one of those mealy-mouthed "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apologies. They accepted that they did wrong, apologized and took action to make sure it doesn't happen again. Can't ask for much more than that.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    At least this appears to be a sincere and heartfelt apology. Not one of those mealy-mouthed "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apologies. They accepted that they did wrong, apologized and took action to make sure it doesn't happen again. Can't ask for much more than that.

True

but...

The fact that it slipped through and was published means the staff, at least to a small degrees supports the decision. When they read it, they didn't think to question it, they simply published it.

if you stand firmly for or against something, anything contrary stands out like a sore thumb. This should have sent alarm bells long before it was published, but it didn't. And for that reason, - I'M OUT.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    Dickie boy gets canned, and the editor falls on his own sword, well maybe he was pushed, but at least they're both gone. G+A found out that when gun owners stop buying your trash, you lose money, a lot of money.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The editor is more to blame than Dick it sounds like, because he thought such an article would bring about a healthy discussion. Hah! I predict that they will be out of business, or sell out within two years.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Guns & Ammo was worthless before this kerfuffle and will remain so long after.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I bet the dick just wanted to retire.
    He tried it before with his anti AR15 comments a while back.

His 401K must have gotten a lot better to open his mouth this time. An Illinois boy.......wouldn't surprise me if some Chi-town politics and funding helped him make his decision.

Last edited:

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I was the most angry at how 'Dick' misrepresented what a well regulated militia was and then went on to brag about teaching college seminars on the history of constitutional law.

Good Riddance Dick.:bacondance::bacondance:

I have a subscription and may or may not renew it.
    I just haven't decided.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I just got around to reading the article from the links posted. WOW!

It's like they brought him in directly from Moms Demand Action. Just the first couple paragraphs were so chopped full of their common rhetoric I couldn't make it any further without my eyeballs exploding.

In the words of Vin Deisel, "Don't be a dick, Dick"
    bye bye, don't let the door hit ya, good riddance

Let's leave the the 2nd amendment writing to those who actually KNOW their history

Too late for Dick to understand. Dick is a Dick. I'm sure Bloomberg will be wanting his bribe money returned.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    True

but...

The fact that it slipped through and was published means the staff, at least to a small degrees supports the decision. When they read it, they didn't think to question it, they simply published it.

if you stand firmly for or against something, anything contrary stands out like a sore thumb. This should have sent alarm bells long before it was published, but it didn't. And for that reason, - I'M OUT.

Not knowing anything about the publishing business, I assume that since the editor told the staff to publish it, unless they quit their jobs, they would have no option other than to publish it. Like I said I am unfamiliar with the publishing world but sounds to me like any job, if the boss tells you to do it, even after you tell him/her why it is not a good thing to do, you either quit or you do it. :dunno:

As far as the apology goes, for me that's good enough. He owned up to it and there were consequences for it, not sure what more could be asked of them.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    how the heck it make to the printer is what I can't understand. anybody does proof reading anymore?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not knowing anything about the publishing business, I assume that since the editor told the staff to publish it, unless they quit their jobs, they would have no option other than to publish it. Like I said I am unfamiliar with the publishing world but sounds to me like any job, if the boss tells you to do it, even after you tell him/her why it is not a good thing to do, you either quit or you do it. :dunno:

As far as the apology goes, for me that's good enough. He owned up to it and there were consequences for it, not sure what more could be asked of them.

fair enough....

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    True

but...

THIS ^^^^^^ 100%. G&A = :noway::noway:

Top Bottom