• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think it actually had more alcohol than most lite beers.

Oh dear God, as I recall Zima was something like 7% when it first came out. it was HARSH.

Soon after I first turned 21 I got WASTED on 6 in a hotel dive bar. I could barely stumble up the stairs to leave. ugh. No, Just No.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh dear God, as I recall Zima was something like 7% when it first came out. it was HARSH.

Soon after I first turned 21 I got WASTED on 6 in a hotel dive bar. I could barely stumble up the stairs to leave. ugh. No, Just No.

It was designed for men to drink, but became a joke after women started preferring it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I liked Zima... There I said it.. I proud.

Also as long as we're bringing stuff back I'm bringing sexy back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I wouldnt say I LIKED it... I just hadnt found beer I could stand yet. I have since developed a taste for REAL beer. I still cant stomach Budweiser... even 3 sheets to the wind during a kegger where I am not legal to drive, and probably not even legal to WALK. :): Bud light is meh, but I prefer MGD, and my all time favorite, Yeungling. :drool: In fact, I get to pick up a case or two when I go to OH tomorrow. :rockwoot:

And didnt they bring out Zima again about 10 years ago? I thought they brought it back at about 50% the ABV. I could be mistaken.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since we're trying to bring things back via the Break Room, I vote we bring back Zima. I wasn't old enough to drink when this was available so I don't know if it was any good. I suggest we also bring back:

Clear Pepsi
    History on the History Channel
    Music videos on MTV
    Dukes of Hazzard reruns
    Common sense
    Dueling
    Yesss

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    my all time favorite, Yeungling. :drool: In fact, I get to pick up a case or two when I go to OH tomorrow. :rockwoot:

I grew up on Yeungling in Pa. It was the first beer I was able to buy. 6 packs at the local tavern when I was just 16.

I went to college in Pittsburgh and worked in a restaurant and Yeungling was the "employee beer." $1 per pint. Anytime we weren't on the clock.

It's good, but it gives you mud butt when you drink it all the time.

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    My wife loved the stuff, she used to add Midori to it. In our circle of friends her nickname became one Zima Gina......I loved the stuff!

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Zima doesnt even deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as yeungling. Zima = vomit induced headache. Yeungling = nectar of the Gods.
    Agreed! I think I had a Zima once, and can't even remember what it tasted like.

And while we're doing the bring back, I'm putting in a request for Tequiza. Yeah, I'm weird, but on a hot summer day I enjoyed an ice-cold Tequiza over a light beer any day.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I drank it, but I was about 16, too, so taste wasn't a strong suit yet. Wiedeman was my beer of choice due to price. A case was $4 or so, IIRC.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think my father in law still has some Zima in the back of his basement fridge. Would be willing to trade bricks of .22LR for it. :D

Top Bottom