Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    WHY?

Just why would you do that?

You understand that kutnupe14 is, as we speak, renting a baby blue tuxedo and a matching 1994 Lincoln Continental Super-stretch limo to "relive his glory years", don't you?

I hope you're happy.

So THATs why! I was walking through Carmel Walmart and I noticed that the spot on the shelf for Jheri Curl was empty. This thread explains it all. I probably shouldnt go check the shelves for Colt 45 should I? :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So THATs why! I was walking through Carmel Walmart and I noticed that the spot on the shelf for Jheri Curl was empty. This thread explains it all. I probably shouldnt go check the shelves for Colt 45 should I? :):

Not gonna lie, I wanted a Jheri Cur when I was a kid, but my parents would have none of it.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Sounds kind of toxic... Courtesy of Wikpedia...

A Jheri curl required a two-part application that consisted of a softener (often called a "rearranging cream") to loosen the hair and a solution to set the curls. The rearranging cream used pungent chemicals, causing the naturally tight curls to loosen and hang. The loose hair was then set and a chemical solution was then added to the hair to permanently curl it.
    Perming the hair was time and labor-intensive and expensive to maintain. The harsh mix of chemicals required for the process caused the wearer's natural hair to become extremely brittle and dry.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sounds kind of toxic... Courtesy of Wikpedia...

A Jheri curl required a two-part application that consisted of a softener (often called a "rearranging cream") to loosen the hair and a solution to set the curls. The rearranging cream used pungent chemicals, causing the naturally tight curls to loosen and hang. The loose hair was then set and a chemical solution was then added to the hair to permanently curl it.
    Perming the hair was time and labor-intensive and expensive to maintain. The harsh mix of chemicals required for the process caused the wearer's natural hair to become extremely brittle and dry.

I believe part two is now refered to as super glue nowadays.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a pair of parachute pants.

My father bought a pair on clearance for less than $5 well after the idiots who wore parachute pants stopped wearing them. The best part was the whiff-whiff-whiff sound he made when he walked. I couldn't get him to buy a pair of knock-off Air Jordans to go with them, though.

Top Bottom