• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Czechpoint had some revolvers on their website sometime ago, I would like to get a 357 and 22 someday. But I wouldnt know which if any distributor handles them.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    $250 to $300 will score you an Astra S&W copy in great shape on Gun Broker.

Lest you scoff, these were the same people who produced the FN Baracuda. Nice revolvers all around.

If you look at an older shooters bible they were priced (at the time) about the same as a smith...I "collect" (accumulate?) Spanish (Basque) side x side shotguns and LOVE the fact that double gun snobs turn their nose up at them...I remember I took one to a gunsmith in Louisville to have the choke opened up and he made a comment about "The steel is so soft on these I feel bad charging you for it" and then a week later when I picked up the gun he said, "I should have charged you a little more for it...That steel was a bear to work...But I guarantee you the steel in the small parts is soft.." I just said "Ofcourse" and took my gun home....

Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    I've owned 3 GP100s, blued with a 6" barrel, blued with a 4" barrel and a stainless 6", everyone of them were great guns but I give up on pistols because I can't afford rifles too.

i have also owned a Blackhawk in 41 mag, for hunting deer I would never have a reason to own anything else and don't need double action. I only shoot bow ranges with a pistol, max 40 yards is my preference

i can't speak fir any other revolvers

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    Here are two examples of good quality revolvers on INGO that are not far off from your price. Don't know if they are close to you, but this is just to show they are available. It is best to stick with S&W or Ruger. More than half of my handguns are revolvers and I can tell you it is not a good idea to skimp on quality. A good quality used revolver won't cost much more than an inexpensive, lesser quality one. You will be better off in the long run.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/298318-smith-wesson-64-7-a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/351146-ruger-sp101-357-a.html

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Windicator is the Jiminez of the revolver world. Run away screaming!

I have a Windicator .357 and I'm not running away screaming. However, I'm sure if I had it pointed at people they would be the ones running away screaming. :rolleyes:
    Nevertheless, if it's the snub ones, than I would agree those are the ones to run away from. I have the 4 inch version and based on my research, these are steel frames and not the cheap alloy frame the 2 inch ones are made from. It's a nice revolver (based solely on price point) but overall, I would rather have a Ruger or S&W (just not willing to pay the overpriced cost). I had a Rossi by Interarms decades ago and it was a nice pistol.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a Windicator .357 and I'm not running away screaming. However, I'm sure if I had it pointed at people they would be the ones running away screaming. :rolleyes:
    Nevertheless, if it's the snub ones, than I would agree those are the ones to run away from. I have the 4 inch version and based on my research, these are steel frames and not the cheap alloy frame the 2 inch ones are made from. It's a nice revolver (based solely on price point) but overall, I would rather have a Ruger or S&W (just not willing to pay the overpriced cost). I had a Rossi by Interarms decades ago and it was a nice pistol.

Alloy = pot metal.

Blackout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    A good used Ruger SP101 is probably your best bet and right in that price range.
    If you need to stay on the lower end of the scale, go with a Taurus.
    I have a stainless 6" Taurus 357 and it's never failed to impress.

I agree 100% with this. Never had a problem with a taurus revolver. Ruger SP101 is awesome IMO.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

older (1984 ish) inter arms imported Rossi 2 inch 357 made on the machines smith and wesson sold to Rossi. It has been my carry gun (one of them) for many years. Based o. The model 66. Adjustable sights. Shot tons of rounds in it. No end shake cylinder gap still fine. Points like an extension of the hand. The speed loaders were 3 dollars each and the holster was found in a used holster box and I talked em down to 13 dollars for it.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    +1 for Taurus. I have several and they have been very reliable and accurate. One of my older ones that is probably 30 yrs old started to have an issue. I returned it to Taurus, they rebuilt it and sent it back to me at no charge and in less than 10 days.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    An Alternative

Here is an alternative option.

attachment.php

Uberti Cattleman. Picked it up for under $250. It performs well. Matches up well with Marlin 1894c in the same caliber.

:): :draw:

Emptora

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    USA
    Taurus make rather sturdy and reliable revolvers. If I was to buy a revolver I'd probably look at that if cost was my primary concern!

Top Bottom