Behind the V!
    IMO I would look into the ergo's and feel-in-your-hand of guns such as:

Springfield Armory XD9
    Glock 19/17
    FN Herstal FNP-9
    Sig Sauer SP2022/SP2009 / P250
    Ruger P95, SR-9
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9, or SD9

Those fit the bill and can be haggled/had within your spending budget. In my personal experience I've yet to regret buying used firearms, in fact when I see one that is from a known honest person that says it's fired hundreds of rounds flawlessly, I almost prefer it as it's typically cheaper and already broken in. Happy hunting! I would personally recommend the Springfield XD9, the Glock 19, and SP2022. I've owned them all and loved every single one of them! I have an XD9 in layaway right this very moment (sold my last one to fund other things) and I'm looking forward to more successful fun with it! It's not like I fired 600 flaw free rounds of 115gr Steel case Tula 9mm FMJ or anything... :rolleyes: Oh wait, I DID =D

EDIT:
    While there was once a time I wanted to love Taurus firearms, I personally recommend to stay away from them... I took a chance and bought their 800-series .45 ACP pistol, and ended up having the firing pin block dissapear into thin air, while firing, therefore allowing the chamber pressure of the 45ACP to push the firing pin out the rear of the gun and into my best buddy's chest! Lifetime warranty is one of their big selling factors, and unfortunately I think errors such as that are the reason of it. They have great service, don't get me wrong: But I want a gun that I don't have to have serviced. The gun for the record fired only factory load 230gr FMJ Winchester rounds and was cleaned and cared for properly. 150 rounds through it at time of failure. Man, I'm in the mood to type :D

Last edited:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Glock 19. I know you said no compacts, but it's awesome. And accurate. And concealable. And is reliable as reliable comes. Gen 3 that is. I have no experience with gen 4. :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Not exactly the newest fanciest prettiest 9mm but a solid performer for cheap - Ruger P95. I find better deals on Gunsamerica than on Gunbroker. Shipping on this one isn't too bad. Just find a LGS to do a reasonably priced transfer & it's right in your price range.

Ruger P95 Stainless 9mm 15 Rd Picatinny Rail - NIB Ruger Semi-Auto Pistols > P-Series for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from DiscountGunDealer. Buy or bid on this Ruger P95 Stainless 9mm 15 Rd Picatinny Rail - NIB in the category Ruger Semi-Au

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I agree on a S&W 5906, they are built like a tank, and should last forever. Any of the 3G S&Ws are great pistols, They can be had very reasonable.

Dave

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    Check out a Sig P250, they come in full size, compact, and subcompact and you can buy one gun and by buying another barrel, clip in a kit you can have a different size or caliber

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Check out a Sig P250, they come in full size, compact, and subcompact and you can buy one gun and by buying another barrel, clip in a kit you can have a different size or caliber

^ this

I absolutely love mine. Subcompact size is easy to hide (and I'm a skinny guy) and the full size is a joy to shoot at the range. No experience with the compact, but I'd bet the trigger feels about the same. ;)

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I forgot if you want real cheap, there a Sigma in 9mm. I just sold one in .40 a couple of months ago for $250. It wasn't that bad of a pistol for the price.

Dave

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Picked up my Ruger SR9 for $379 new in the box. I have seen used ones as low as $300

Has the OP reported back in with any thoughts on the suggestions :dunno:

$379 + Taxes, or $379 + FFL Transfer fee = great deal. A used one for $300 = WOW.

It would be hard to beat that for what you're looking for.

Indy Str8-Shot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I suggest the SW9VE Smith and Wesson Sigma series. Right around $300.00 new with 2-16 round mags and case. They have received a bit of a bad name due to a 10-12 pound trigger pull which was by design, but this improves with use and there is also a very easy modification that will reduce it to a 5-6 pound pull. They are a good quality gun for the money and are completely reliable and accurate, also light weight with a polymer frame and stainless steel slide and barrel and will handle +p+ ammo. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom