• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    I didn't see much on the online merchant section so i thought i would ask here. Have many of you used buds to buy any firearms before. I know i am going to get the go to your local shop post but i have bought many guns in IN and there is something that has caught my eye on buds. Mods feel free to move if this is in the wrong section. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have had nothing but good luck with Bud's. I just have them ship firearms to a dealer I work with for the transfer. If you keep an eye on Bud's you can find some great prices. Sometimes you have to check them several times a day as they seem to have a habit of running one hour sales. Prices sometimes vary by the minute.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I've had nothing but good luck. Do a search for Buds, you'll find posts outside of the online merchant section.

If you need to talk to someone, I'd recommend against them. I'm comfortable with the online transaction, and used a FFL that was in their system. Seems that some of the folks ran in to problems when they wanted to talk live, and they were not able to get through.

I even traded a gun, and had no issues. I used my credit card just in case, if there was a problem I would have had the charges reversed.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    If it is a new model that can be acquired anywhere, there are a couple local gun stores that have prices that are just as good as Buds. That being the case, keep them in business.

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    I made a purchase a couple of weeks age. There was a delay on shipping and they upgraded it to next day air. I'd buy from 'em again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I have never had a problem with Bud's and I look forward to doing business with them in the future. Like some folks have said, getting someone to talk to isn't easy, but they don't fall down in other areas.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I had great luck with one firearm that I bought there. The whole process exceeded my expectations.

I use them to benchmark most of the purchase I have made. I agree with the others that I'd prefer to buy from my local shops, but sometimes Bud's has deals that can't be beat.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    Bud's Gunshop

I have bought several items from Bud's and all transactions went great. Prices for guns can change from day to day, I recently bought a rifle for $720.00 and the next day it was $750.00.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If you don't need assistance from a human, it's great. If you're looking for something special, you might choose to look elsewhere.

Remember, they act as a storefront for several distributors as well as sell from their own inventory, so shipping times can and will vary. I've had several purchases that came directly from South Sports and not from a Bud's warehouse. Those purchases were slower than when i purchased a handgun that was direct from their inventory.

I've never had a bad experience with them.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just wish that they'd give you the cash price when you use your debit card.

While we consider debit cards "cash" because it comes straight out of our account, it is in fact still a credit card processed through Visa, MC ect... and is subject to card processing fees.

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    If it is a new model that can be acquired anywhere, there are a couple local gun stores that have prices that are just as good as Buds. That being the case, keep them in business.

The problem with that is the sales tax. If you can pay their (Bud's) "cash" price, with the free shipping and no tax, they are pretty darn hard to beat.

I've had 3 flawless, online transactions with them.

AJB

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I shopped fairly extensive on my purchase and no one was within $50.00 plus sales tax.

The problem with that is the sales tax. If you can pay their (Bud's) "cash" price, with the free shipping and no tax, they are pretty darn hard to beat.

I've had 3 flawless, online transactions with them.

AJB

With tax I was looking at paying 481.50 at the cheapest local dealer, even with the transfer fee I only paid $410.00.

$71.00 buys a nice amount of WWB .45 ammo, or as the way I went, 2 extra factory mags and a box of 50 WWB.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I always give my LGS first shot at my business - but I take a printout of the Bud's price with me when I go. If they can come close to the Bud's price + the transfer fee, I'll buy local. Otherwise, I buy from Bud's. Several purchases with no problems whatsoever. Last gun was delivered to my FFL two days after I ordered it online.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Never dealt with them, have checked several times but they were high compared to some places within driving distance. I'm not sure about the no tax thing but if they ship you'll need an FFL right? Last time I looked at Buds they wanted $256 shipped free to an FFL ,for a gun $200 at a number of local dealers. Recently they had a price of $500 + on Marlin 39As and that was no better than the locals. I suppose if you have an FFL or your buddy who does will transfer free then they'd be ok, but I haven't yet seen any bargains( compared to the locals) . Maybe I'm not looking at the right items. Seems like they wanted $400 or more when I was looking for an FNP .

Top Bottom