• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    After looking at numerous reviews, I decided to place an order for a loggerhead acp adjustable cheek piece. I will be machining the stock and installing this myself.
    LoggerHead ACP hardware

Build list in page one is also updated with pricing.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Not to post whore, but got another parts order in:
    Barrel was changed from a criterion 30" to a Shillen 28" due to availability and recommendation based on shank size.
    Purchased precision ground recoil lug and barrel nut
    Also purchased 1.5lb trigger spring for accutrigger. Pricing sheet will be updated.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You better be bringing that by the shop when it's all buttoned up..I'm very curious to see how it feels all finished up.. Like always if there is anything ZX Gun can do to help you out just let us know

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    You better be bringing that by the shop when it's all buttoned up..I'm very curious to see how it feels all finished up.. Like always if there is anything ZX Gun can do to help you out just let us know

Cool, will do!

This rifle is definitely going to be on the heavy side...

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    With respect, have you ever shot a Long range NRA match or an F-Class match?

20 shots, single loaded and fired in 20 minutes. The barrel does not get very hot.

I can't imagine using a 6 pound barrel in any kind of a match......Maybe benchrest? But that is not F-TR. Totally different animal.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo

20 shots, single loaded and fired in 20 minutes. The barrel does not get very hot.

I can't imagine using a 6 pound barrel in any kind of a match......Maybe benchrest? But that is not F-TR. Totally different animal.

I have not. I'm basically building a mirror image of the savage team's factory rifle. The 6lbs is based on a profile estimate of a 1" bullbarrel at 28"

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I wish you the best. I really do. See you on the range.. I hope you smoke me with your custom rifle. Seriously.

Lol probably won't happen. Experiance>>equipment. To be honest, I have more fun building these guns than shooting them. This is all about trying something new.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    And PTG parts ordered.... I guess it is good that I sold my 458 socom and a Glock to pay for this damned thing lol...
    Pricing sheet updated.

PMY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2008
    Mishawaka

I have.

If you're taking all 20 minutes to shoot your 20 shots (usually plus unlimited sighters), something is probably going wrong. Most good shooters will get their shots off in less than half the time. You want to be knocking the target down about as soon as it comes up, before the wind changes (again).

Your barrel is going to get plenty hot. And a lot of F-Class shooters will try to get the weight of their rifle close to the upper limit. Which in F-T/R is about 18 pounds, including the bi-pod. A heavier rifle is going to move less.

Nothing wrong with a heavy barrel.

Top Bottom