• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    To be honest, while I did order some magazines, I don't have very many. I thought about ordering a couple LPKs for the incoming INGO lowers but it will be forever until I build those.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I've made no additional purchases because only someone really new to the hobby or someone with their head in the sand wouldn't have seen this panic coming.

Granted, most thought it would be caused by Hillary, but it's the same end result.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've made no additional purchases because only someone really new to the hobby or someone with their head in the sand wouldn't have seen this panic coming.

Granted, most thought it would be caused by Hillary, but it's the same end result.

Well for me, it was just a continuation of what I've been doing for awhile now. And besides, from what I've seen so far, prices haven't jumped after Sunday's shooting (yet), so I figured I'd "get while the gettin's good".

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I admit to being weak. I have stocked up on ammo and mags to some extent, but when I save up a little money it is hard to not just buy a new gun. They always look so cut and cuddly...

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Still plenty available, but I've noticed a very clear drop in inventory over the last ten hours. This panic is moving slower than the others, but if it doesn't break course we'll be in a pinch by this time next week.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    One thing I have noticed is a lot more "screw the 2nd Amendment, ban ALL guns" talk. I wonder if this is a good or bad thing.

Is it bad because their level of outrage is higher? Or is it good because they have accepted that none of their proposed gun control laws would or could stop these terrorists and/or psychopaths?

Either way, they are admitting to what we have said all along... they don't want anything "common sense", they want to take away our guns. People who have always said "I support the 2A, but I believe we should have common sense..." are showing that we were right all along. A complete ban has ALWAYS been their desire and they have never supported the 2A.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    That being said, I haven't bought anything, nor will I probably. Unless I find cheap .22 bulk, then I will always get some as I still need to get my stockpile up to acceptable levels since the drought has been going on for so long.

I really should get an AR for each of my kids, or at least some lowers. I keep saying that and keep procrastinating when I see the $ signs.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    One thing I have noticed is a lot more "screw the 2nd Amendment, ban ALL guns" talk. I wonder if this is a good or bad thing.

Is it bad because their level of outrage is higher? Or is it good because they have accepted that none of their proposed gun control laws would or could stop these terrorists and/or psychopaths?

Either way, they are admitting to what we have said all along... they don't want anything "common sense", they want to take away our guns. People who have always said "I support the 2A, but I believe we should have common sense..." are showing that we were right all along. A complete ban has ALWAYS been their desire and they have never supported the 2A.

I think we have done a pretty good job of clubbing them over the head with the fact the gun show loophole and universal background checks would have made no difference in pretty much every one of these cases. This latest shooting is no different. They appear to have realized they will have to move on to something better. They want the watch list carve out for buying guns, but as I understand it, this guy was removed from the watch list so they are wanting to jump back to the AWB.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've noticed there hasn't been much (if any) talk on universal background checks since the shooter passed one. The watch list is definitely their angle of attack, but weren't they also recently defeated on that?

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I bought three boxes of CCI Velocitor for 30% less than online. This calmed the personal panic over not buying any ammo in almost a month. . . *whew*

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I bought another AR, 7 magazines, and more M193 & XM855 ammo so far this week. Will prob place another order for ammo before the week is over. I am in minor panic mode. HA! :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I plan on buying more components for reloading as I have enough AR's where if an AWB came into play I could look at going to the dark side and flipping one. I hope if there is a run that it stays away from components and people stick to finding AR's and 223 ammo.

rausch51

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    The Ville
    I was in Cabela's today buying some shoes. If there is a panic going on, people have overlooked the big box store. Plenty of ARs, ammo, and Pmags on the shelves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought I was done (mostly), but after watching Obama's speech today about the (kinda terrorism, but mostly just hate) event, I ordered another stripped lower and a stock set. *sigh*

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I was in Cabela's today buying some shoes. If there is a panic going on, people have overlooked the big box store. Plenty of ARs, ammo, and Pmags on the shelves.

Yeah I happened to be at the Cabela's in St. Louis on Tuesday. Gen 2 30 round P-Mags on sale, $11.50....literally hundreds on the racks.(I bought one) AR rifles, all kinds of handguns in stock, shelves almost groaning with stacks of all calibers of ammo(I bought some IMI .223 62 grain). One guy was telling people to "buy it now", but he was ignored by others who were just looking.

Panic? What panic?

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    SGammo still his a lot of inventory. This "panic" doesn't seem to be materializing. Guess the credit card bills from the last one are still being paid off.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom