• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Was at the new store for a couple of hours this evening. Looked at a lot of it but did not get to all of it. Saw a Beretta M9 for over $100.00 more than I bought mine for last Saturday. Plus I got 100 rounds with mine. Heard a lot of people in the gun section saying their prices were too high. The folks at corporate must of heard that Gander and Dicks were raping customers in the Indy area and decided they wanted in on the action too. Asked if they had the new Ruger Precision Rifle and the only person who seemed to know what I was talking about said it (Ruger) was junk and tried to sell me a Savage. They were pushing people pretty hard at the gun counter to buy or at least put 20% down and put the gun in lay-a-way. Was pleasantly surprised when I ran into an old buddy of mine who now runs their "Power Sports" department. Guess I will wait for sales on stuff.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Was at the new store for a couple of hours this evening. Looked at a lot of it but did not get to all of it. Saw a Beretta M9 for over $100.00 more than I bought mine for last Saturday. Plus I got 100 rounds with mine. Heard a lot of people in the gun section saying their prices were too high. The folks at corporate must of heard that Gander and Dicks were raping customers in the Indy area and decided they wanted in on the action too. Asked if they had the new Ruger Precision Rifle and the only person who seemed to know what I was talking about said it (Ruger) was junk and tried to sell me a Savage. They were pushing people pretty hard at the gun counter to buy or at least put 20% down and put the gun in lay-a-way. Was pleasantly surprised when I ran into an old buddy of mine who now runs their "Power Sports" department. Guess I will wait for sales on stuff.

no doubt. I laughed when I saw their ad listed a weather station on sale, $60 OFF!!! ONLY $99!!!!

Um, that is the everyday price at lowes.. SMH.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Why does everyone want to see them put GM out of business? That's stupid. You want both, and you want them both to compete.

I was initially thrilled when Dicks came to town. I thought, "Wow, this is great for us consumers with Dicks and Galyans competing..."

Dicks buying out Galyans wasn't good for us.

a) I've been treated badly at GM one time too many. They can rot in hell.
    b) There's still enough competition from other local stores and online.
    c) In a fight between Cabela's and GM, GM will lose quickly.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have a $25 gift certificate from my daughter, I want a box of 9mm premium JHP.
    Guess I won't find a box for under $30.

Hornady® Critical Duty Handgun Ammunition : Cabela's

Remington® Golden Saber™ Handgun Ammo : Cabela's

Golden Saber and Critical Duty. I'd take the Critical Duty 135gr +P myself. Not a great price, but you'll spend less than a buck of your own money along with the GC. They also have other major brands for similar prices. If they don't have it in stock in the store, order it online and use the ship to store feature.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I just left with 2000 S&B primers @ $19.99 per 1000. Plenty of .22lr still on the shelves.

At what, 15cpr? .22 isn't tough to find, it's just that it's not much less than centerfire these days. Most of the time I end up shooting my airguns because I'm just unwilling to spend that much on rimfire ammunition.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    At what, 15cpr? .22 isn't tough to find, it's just that it's not much less than centerfire these days. Most of the time I end up shooting my airguns because I'm just unwilling to spend that much on rimfire ammunition.

Federal Automatch was $21.99 per 325 and CCI standard velocity/mini-mag/quiet was $9 per 100. So their price was actually decent.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Federal Automatch was $21.99 per 325 and CCI standard velocity/mini-mag/quiet was $9 per 100. So their price was actually decent.

As decent as that sounds nodays its still way over retail. Auto-match I believe details for $ 16.79 a 325 box and mini's are around $ 7.79 a hundred

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    If you're like me and generally unfamiliar with the area, you should know that Google maps will not get you there. At least mine didn't. Mine took me everywhere but there. Figured it out eventually when I found the road named "Cabela", but not after some comical detours to nowhere. Picked up some cheap 22lr ammo, store was crowded as heck.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Stopped by there on my way to the range, what a Mehh!!!

I'd call it a glorified camo clothing store. Everything is overpriced. the Gun Lab and fish tank are ok, probably the only reasons to go there, just for my kids, cheaper and closer than the Zoo.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Very crowded, but that was expected. The checkout line was a mile long but went pretty quick. Saw a salesman at the gun counter struggling to clear a rimfire pistol as the customer was trying to explain how to do it. That didn't give me a lot of confidence. Prices were a bit higher than what I can find even at Dicks or Gander. It was neat to see some items that you don't find at other stores, so I'm sure I'll be back to look around once it calms down in a few weeks. Wasn't impressed overall, but glad they are in central Indiana anyway.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I didn't realize that this was the opening weekend? or was it just a crazy weekend? I stopped by cuz I was in the neighborhood. I was amazed to find 22, primers and powder all in stock and ready to rock. The 1/4 mile of check out line caused me to put everything back where I found it and walk out the door empty handed. Seriously, I never actually saw the end of the check out line, it was somewhere near the middle/back of the store. HUNDREDS of people waiting to check out.

11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Went this afternoon and it was jammed packed. It was hard to move around. But we got in and out ok. I didn't buy anything but my son did. He got in line near the firearms. It went fast about 15 minutes to check out. I went and looked at the guns and saw some overpriced M1's. I'll go back. I have to admit I like the the one in West Virginia better.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I still haven't made it, but mostly due to all the comments. I used to shop at the one in Woodbury, MN when I lived in Minnesota, so I'm guessing the new one here won't overly impress me.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    We were there all day at the FNRA table. We had about 880 people sign up to win the free gun we're giving away. It was awesome talking to so many people. But we noticed some of the gun prices are healthy. We're even able to price guns lower then they do with their volume buying power. But I'm glad they're here. The bargain cave has already yielded some treasures.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Is it bad that when my wife mentioned going to see the kids in Noblesville this weekend all I could think of was getting to go to the new Cabelas?:dunno:

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Stopped in Saturday night with my wife. I've found the best way to get to the actual store is to take the first left when coming into the TC and drive behind the shops until you get to the large road that runs behind everything all the way down to the Cabela's lot.

It was our first time in a Cabela's so it was pretty interesting. It felt very much like a museum with all of the stuffed wildlife and the fish tank. It was crowded, but I assume that was because it was opening weekend. Prices were what I'd expect a big box store would be selling at, but I was impressed with their inventory. We picked up a brush for the dogs, a North Face jacket for the Mrs., and grabbed some jerky and fudge. I'll probably stop in the next time I need more ammo. They had 300 9mm for ~$80 inside a cheap ammo box. That's a bit cheaper than the sales price I just paid at Dick's.

Overall, it was an interesting store. They had a nice range of invetory for a decent range of consumers. Even with how busy it was, congestion wasn't much of an issue. The staff was all very friendly though I could tell some were already worn out. The line at checkout wasn't bad, but we diverted to the deli/fudge shop and bought some fudge in there. We also checked out in there as well.

Top Bottom