• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If the president is carrying and decides to shoot himself, would he be attempting an assassination? What if he just threatened to shoot himself? What would the SS do? I think I need to watch Blazing Saddles again to see how that turns out.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If the president is carrying and decides to shoot himself, would he be attempting an assassination? What if he just threatened to shoot himself? What would the SS do? I think I need to watch Blazing Saddles again to see how that turns out.

Would they have to shoot him to prevent him from shooting himself? :dunno:

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Beat me too it. I would carry the shiniest most polished quality 1911 I could find and put pearl grips on it. Then I would carry it in a leather holster OWB. I would also have the holster embossed with the presidential seal

You mean like this one built for W buy a team of the American Pistolsmiths guild, including Indiana's own Neil Keller! Complete with Matt Del-Fatti Elephant leather. Grips are Ivory...George Patton quote about pearl handles applies:patriot:

"These Companies include Caspian Arms, Wilson Combat, Ed Brown Products, Bar Sto Precision, Cylinder & Slide, Heinie Specialties and SDM Fabricating. The pistol was built, engraved and finished exclusively by a team of members from the American Pistolsmiths Guild, including Marc Morganti, Scott Mulkerin, Neil Keller, Alex Hamilton, Larry Vickers, Dave Lauck, Allen Tillman and Brian Powley."

Yeah at least one former POTUS has a full house custom Caspian built buy the best in the business including LAV, pretty sure his dad has a few nice toys also, hoping he has a WWII Aviator appropriate Colt 1911A1 complete with US Property markings.

Presidents-gun-27.jpg

Last edited:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    If I were president I would OC in the secure areas of JFK, and LAX with a layover in Ohare, and beg someone to arrest me.

I would book an entire 777 flight from NYC to LA and I would give a full pardon to everyone else that joined me.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    TR definitely knew how to use firearms: from San Juan Hill to Africa. It was a different time then, Butch and Sundance were still robbing banks and trains.

Also back then I believe the president just had a few bodyguards.Now a gun would no be very useful to the president.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If I were the president I would carry a 1911 in a shoulder holster.

I would make the statement that I wanted to buy a WWII carried piece and see what turned up.

I do not think the 1911 is the best carry gun for self defense, but I do think it is the best carry gun for the president of the united states.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would make the statement that I wanted to buy a WWII carried piece and see what turned up.

Dude, you are the President. There are unissued M1911s in warehouses in Alabama. You could just order Chief of Staff Kirk Freeman to drive down to Alabama and fetch you a couple.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Well I'm not sure what I'd carry, but I know I'd carry something. And I wouldn't make a big deal out of it either, I'd simply carry and when asked to explain I'd simply say many states have adopted measures in which their citizens are allowed to carry. I also believe the 2nd amendment gives all Americans such a right, am I not a citizen for the people?
    Personally, I'd probably carry what ever the SS carries in order to have interchangeable magazines given a situation arised

Top Bottom