• Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    compete how? :dunno:

What are the criteria for competition?

I didn't mean literally, just a figure of speech. ;)

AA-12 aren't available for civilians to hug and to hold because they are full auto only. For the cost of a dealer sample of an AA-12, you can afford a Tromix conversion and a Red Jacket conversion (so you can dual wield your Saiga 12s)... So Saiga 12 wins over the AA-12.

I know it is for military use only, just thought it was pretty AWESOME! Good point about the price though, you would have one BA custom S12 for that price point! :):

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    And if/when the AK Slide Fire stock comes out....

Who's gonna be the first to try the Slide Fire/ S-12 combo???

Doesn't have the tacticool attachments/grenade launching stuff of the AA12 - but ANYTHING at short range is _toast_....

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The snippet I read on the AA12 is that it's mostly stainless steel and heavy as a mother, 7.3kg for loaded version with drum, 5.something kg unloaded. The Saiga is 3.6kg unloaded.

I don't know, give me one of the Saigas from the Magpul Dynamic shotgun series anyday of the week over the Atchison. Looks old, ungainly, unergonomic. At least someone isn't trying to drool over the USAS-12 (unreliable, large, heavy and a POS, got suckered into blowing $20 to fire one at Knob Creek, money wasted...).

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The AA 12 has a rail that you have to line up perfectly to insert new mags. It's also heavy with no changeable parts.

A FA s12 is smaller, lighter, shoots the same rounds. You can switch out parts to your liking (grips, rails, sights etc) and you can SBS one down to a really easily manageable

Saiga 12 Suchka
    SaigaTechUSA-S12Krink.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z66AdC6UhXs

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    As cool as the AA12 is, I don't see that great of an advantage to it over an AK pattern shotgun. Seems like the added weight would have as negative of an effect on your shot, as the added recoil from the Saiga. Those grenade rounds are pretty sweet though!!! :banana:

Pyroponce

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    South Bend
    Me!!! Oh, pick me!

And if/when the AK Slide Fire stock comes out....

Who's gonna be the first to try the Slide Fire/ S-12 combo???

Doesn't have the tacticool attachments/grenade launching stuff of the AA12 - but ANYTHING at short range is _toast_....

AA12 is something I will likelly never own. But a Saiga with a Slide Fire...I would do terrible, terrible things for that... :smileak:

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Sure looks like he made a Slide Fire to me...

As far as the S12 VS AA12 debate, I would rather have an S12. I will tell you though, it would be pretty sweet if somebody would make an AK, any AK, out of stainless, be it stamped or milled.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Your going to have to go the AOW route if you want a short barreled shotgun. Their is a shop here in Indiana that is making them on virgin receivers. He's got an ad on the class III classifieds and also on gunbroker. You could always cut the barrel down and permanently attach a suppressor, which is the route I'm thinking of going.

Top Bottom