• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    I don't want to be too conspiratorial, but with Eric Holder as their ultimate boss it's hard telling what kind of shenanigans the FBI is up to with their approval procedures. I'm sure a lot of people are being selected at random to be screwed just because they can do it.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    I was in PSS this past summer when a younger serviceman in uniform was delayed. The young man said it happens all the time to him and the guy behind the counter said it happens to military people all the time. Thanks for your service!

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    he will get delayed again!

police,judges, doj employees, ive seen all of those delayed, seems the higher the security clearance of a millitay person, the better the chance of a delay

I had a top secret with SCI access and got delayed everytime . I got ther "unique pin" and rarely have problems now. Try starting here
    NICS Customer Service at 1-877-444-NICS (6427).

joemich1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I worked at a gander mtn and almost every ex military and gov employee would automatically get delayed. we even had active police officers who would get delayed. also if you purchase a certain amount of guns in a time period they would delay. you can apply for a special ID number that will forgo the whole delay process.

NanoBaby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    been told alot of different reasons for delays....Vet being one of them. Time of day, ATF could have been slammed when you were trying to buy and they just put you aside...

36fan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I've only been delayed once ... and I was buying a Henry .22. :dunno:

It was the weekend after Christmas several years ago, and they were very busy. The gun store employee was on hold probably 10 minutes, then I got delayed right away.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    I walked into Gander Mountain Tonight around 7:30p.m. expecting to walk out with my new handgun like every other time. This time I was told that I was being delayed! I served four years in the United States Marine Corps infantry and did two tours in Iraq. I also have no criminal record. Why would I be delayed? I purchased a handgun about a month ago with no problems! Any insight into my dilemma would be much appreciated.

Well, it could be that since you're a Vet, Janet Napolitano suspects you of being a terrorist.....

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    been told alot of different reasons for delays....Vet being one of them. Time of day, ATF could have been slammed when you were trying to buy and they just put you aside...

NICS doesn't give a reason for a delay, so anything you've been told is just someone's guess!

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I walked into Gander Mountain Tonight around 7:30p.m. expecting to walk out with my new handgun like every other time. This time I was told that I was being delayed! I served four years in the United States Marine Corps infantry and did two tours in Iraq. I also have no criminal record. Why would I be delayed? I purchased a handgun about a month ago with no problems! Any insight into my dilemma would be much appreciated.

Your status doesn't matter I've seen LEOs get Denied. You could have a common name or name or SSN that is close to a bad guys. Another option is how crazy busy the NICS system has been. Once you get called in and it goes to a supervisor we sit on hold and wait for them to answer to just to delay you so they don't have to deal with it right now.

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I wouldn't ever worry about getting delayed. I am not or have not been military but I really believe it is totally random most of the time. I normally buy a couple guns a week and probably get delayed 10% of the time. What is really strange I have gotten delayed buying one in the morning at one shop and later that day get approved right away at another shop and then have to wait the 3 days at the first place. There is really no logic to it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Its like random drug screenings in the military sometimes your picked sometimes your not. In my case for some reason I had to go every month

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    he will get delayed again!

police,judges, doj employees, ive seen all of those delayed, seems the higher the security clearance of a millitay person, the better the chance of a delay

I had a top secret with SCI access and got delayed everytime . I got ther "unique pin" and rarely have problems now. Try starting here
    NICS Customer Service at 1-877-444-NICS (6427).

upin is nice, but it wont always work, i have seen people with upin get denied!( i work in a gunshop) a person was denied, the store owner even called back to make sure the upin was given, was told yes the sale is denied(it was denied while being on delay), when the customer came in to pick up his gun, i told him he was denied, he said no problem i'll apeal, he did and two weeks later picked up his handgun(with a fbi approval letter)

so yes a upin will help, but not always guaranty your purchase!so know your rights, know what to do!

oh and fyi, nics wont tell us(the gunshop) why you are delayed, or denied

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't want to be too conspiratorial, but with Eric Holder as their ultimate boss it's hard telling what kind of shenanigans the FBI is up to with their approval procedures. I'm sure a lot of people are being selected at random to be screwed just because they can do it.

If you think THAT'S conspiratorial, you haven't been on INGO long enough.

If you added to that: "Eric Holder is using your 4473 info to straw purchase guns to supply to the DHS so they can equip the next mass shooter and thereby impose gun confiscation in advance of the opening of the reeducation camps and blaming it on good Americans." You'd still only be in the "sweet spot" of INGO conspiracy theorists...and nowhere near the edge.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    Same thing happened to me BUT, I was buying a Ruger 10/22 on a Saturday night....Might be a back log.......They called the next morning and said sale was ok'ed.

Top Bottom