• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    If you want to know why capitalism is broken, just read the gouging threads here.

People are gouging...no question. The fact that seems to be overlooked is that the threat of government regulation is what allowed the gouging to occur because of the artificial stimulus to demand. No government threatening AWB and no government purchasing billions rounds of ammo and no opportunity for gouging exists.

This in no way shows that capitalism is broken, but that government intervention into the free market is broken.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    You're telling buyers to wait it out because the prices will go down and there'll be availability in the future. What if there's a ban? What if the prices only go up? You're offering the advice and what if they act on it and it backfires? You aren't willing to back up your advice or take responsibilty if you're wrong?

Sure, bookers and blow aren't wise things for my neighbor to spend money on. But it's his money and none of my damn business. Why is a gun sale you're not a part of any of your business?

Ohh ok.. I gotcha .. i thought you were somehow trying to blame the assault weapons ban on me! :) for the other stuff youre right it would be my fault if all of that happened.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    who is the 10 day rats for 14 million for? i have my own idea,not sure.

What in the wide, wide, world of sports are you talking about?:dunno:

Perhaps fallenangel1 is being THE fallen angel's advocate so to speak?

Busy body. He doesn't have enough of his own stuff to tend to , he feels the need to manage other folks activities as well. He needs to tend his own garden.

He'd make a great politician.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    People are gouging...no question. The fact that seems to be overlooked is that the threat of government regulation is what allowed the gouging to occur because of the artificial stimulus to demand. No government threatening AWB and no government purchasing billions rounds of ammo and no opportunity for gouging exists.

This in no way shows that capitalism is broken, but that government intervention into the free market is broken.

The millions of gun owners using the threat of gun bans to coerce voters to vote against Obama have absolutely no part in this current frenzy?:rolleyes: If I had a dollar for every time I heard right here on INGO that if I didn't vote for Romney, it'd be my fault that our guns were banned, a $2000 AR would be pocket change for me. The anti Obama crowd greatly helped to create this monster and now they're crying that it's out of the cage. Boo hoo.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    The millions of gun owners using the threat of gun bans to coerce voters to vote against Obama have absolutely no part in this current frenzy?:rolleyes: If I had a dollar for every time I heard right here on INGO that if I didn't vote for Romney, it'd be my fault that our guns were banned, a $2000 AR would be pocket change for me. The anti Obama crowd greatly helped to create this monster and now they're crying that it's out of the cage. Boo hoo.

I'm not sure you can blame republicans for accurately predicting Obama's intentions. That would be like blaming Noah for the increasing costs of a row boat. Now, if they had been wrong then I could see blaming them. The problem was that very few heeded the warning until it was too late and then the panic ensued. If people had been listening over the last couple years, there wold have been no need for the last minute shopping.

Furthermore, I believe the Libertarians (who got a free pass in your post) were saying that BOTH Romney and Obama were going to take the guns so I would think they should be at least as guilty, but since they were also correct, I wouldn't hold them any more responsible for accurate predictions than the republicans.

Who do we blame? The persons trying to ban them and the persons who ignored the warnings. There is nothing sadder than a sheep waking up after the slaughterhouse doors close behind him. It reminds me of a story about some virgins that forgot to buy oil.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Keep telling yourself that. It's nice knowing you think it's your duty to take care of those who are too stupid to take care of themselves. I'm sure you'll be front and center to take the blame should a ban pass and the stupid no longer have the opportunity to buy.
    Capitalism is not designed to be used as a way to redistribute to the unprepared.

That is the fatal flaw in his argument.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    The free market is working exactly the way it is supposed to work. Nothing more, nothing less.

What the OP is proposing sounds more like Marxism:
    "Jeder nach seinen Fähigkeiten, jedem nach seinen Bedürfnissen!"

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm not sure you can blame republicans for accurately predicting Obama's intentions. That would be like blaming Noah for the increasing costs of a row boat. Now, if they had been wrong then I could see blaming them. The problem was that very few heeded the warning until it was too late and then the panic ensued. If people had been listening over the last couple years, there wold have been no need for the last minute shopping.

Furthermore, I believe the Libertarians (who got a free pass in your post) were saying that BOTH Romney and Obama were going to take the guns so I would think they should be at least as guilty, but since they were also correct, I wouldn't hold them any more responsible for accurate predictions than the republicans.

Who do we blame? The persons trying to ban them and the persons who ignored the warnings. There is nothing sadder than a sheep waking up after the slaughterhouse doors close behind him. It reminds me of a story about some virgins that forgot to buy oil.

I'm not blaming the republicans for anything other than they're trying to eat their cake and have it to. I probably should have used the word conservative instead of republican anyway. But they want to beat the "Obama wants to ban guns" drum and now say that a ban won't happen. Which is it?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    So if someone you cared about was in danger and someone said they could save them but it would cost you everything, you'd have nothing but your loved one would be safe. That is taking advantage of you in a unique situation where you feel you don't really have a choice.

Sure we all know that firearms are not a necessity of life (at this point in time) but when in acting in fear people make poor decisions. This fear and poor judgement is exactly what these kinds of people are taking advantage of.

So, government exists to save you from your own poor choices? I think I see what this country is in the state it is. Everyone thinks government is there to hold their hand, the ultimate nanny.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I think there are multiple things to take into account. If you have one weapon for sale and your just trying to make a little extra money because the markets prices are higher then so be it. You're taking advantage but not necessarily "gouging" although by definition it is.

To me it's more about the people who take advantage of the situation and go out of their way to buy up everything that they can find at "fair" market value just to immediately turn around and sell it all at "AWB Scare" prices.

Do you own stocks? Generally the rule of thumb is "buy low, sell high."

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Capitalism CAN"T be broken........
    Capitalism can be interupted or smothered by regulation, but it will always remain the same.
    Example could be gas sold for $1.00 or $5.00 a gallon, @ 1.00 there was less government intervention in the process........now, we still get 1 gallon, but it's $4.00 or $5.00, what changed??? The oil still comes out of the ground and at the end of the process, we still buy it nowing the seller is and should make a profit...what's different?
    Cost to get it out of the ground, cost to refine it, cost to transport it, selling taxes.....all are influenced by the government. But the process is capitalism.......where this can go out of whack is if the hassle and taxation make the product undesirable, then people stop buying it.......capitalism still works, but something is impeding the process ( like cigarettes) the tax is so high, people don't want to OR can't buy the product anymore......capitalism still is working, but the burden on the process is to great.
    This is what is starting to shape up for bullets and guns.
    If they can't take them, then they will tax them till you stop wanting them.

It is not the same! The adulterated and manipulated Capitalism is no longer Capitalism in principle. People will have to purchase the food&water (and the gas to less extent) regardless how much they cost.

Capitalism as we know it today is so impaired and corrupted it no longer effectively serves the intended function. I am afraid if Capitalism was in fully functioning mode, most of financial institutes as we know it would have vanished during the Sub-Prime crisis. Yet, they are still standing!

Last edited:

Signal23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Greenwood
    It is not the same! The adulterated and manipulated Capitalism is no longer Capitalism in principle. People will have to purchase the food&water (and the gas to less extent) regardless how much they cost.

Capitalism as we know it today is so impaired and corrupted it no longer effectively serves the intended function. I am afraid if Capitalism was in fully functioning mode, most of financial institutes as we know it would have vanished during the Sub-Prime crisis. Yet, they are still standing!

Thats true, the Banks should have failed, the car companies should have failed as well. They would STILL be in business, but the would have suffered the consequences of a failed business model and went BK and then re-grouped. As it is now, the govment stepped in (broke the cycle) and shored them all up.......with our money. WRONG on many levels.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Marx is pretty much on the dungheap of history these days, except in DC and our universities.

The student deferments from the Viet Nam era probably did more to load the unis with libs, as if the .gov saw that it could simultaneously radicalize one generation and lay the ground work for the indoctrination of the next.

BHO and the Democrats' Marxian fantasy will grind to a halt as the economy topples over the edge. Then their most important consideration will be to find political asylum. Cuba possibly?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom