• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Safety didn't seem to be a priority at the Greenwood location. It made me mad enough to put my ammo back on the shelf and walk out.

Guy comes with an AR 15. No one checked the chamber as he's flagging people with the barrel. Employee doesn't check or ask him to open the bolt. He was probably 20 yards from me and did not flag me.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm guessing the husband shot her.
    I'm a frequent range visitor and frankly I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.
    Situational awareness is CRITICAL when you're around loaded guns and human beings. I evaluate all those around me constantly. I've had to mention a few safety rules to some people at the ranges.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I'm guessing the husband shot her.
    I'm a frequent range visitor and frankly I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.
    Situational awareness is CRITICAL when you're around loaded guns and human beings. I evaluate all those around me constantly. I've had to mention a few safety rules to some people at the ranges.

I go to the one in Carmel often and I've seen some things that scared the crap out of me. I simply pack up my belongings and go to the counter and inform them on what was witnessed. I had a female and her son shooting next to my wife and I one night (date night) both of them didn't know how to operate the pistol they had rented(legion 229). It was a very scary scenario.

rstone

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2017
    Fishers
    The local news this am is stating it was some sort of unauthorized ammo incident? Not really sure what they're illuding to?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The local news this am is stating it was some sort of unauthorized ammo incident? Not really sure what they're illuding to?

The ammo did not have permission to enter that woman's leg?

That's a great media-centered explanation, though.

mstagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was planning on going there today to break in my newest purchase... are they open?

Also glad the lady left in stable condition, the staff at the Carmel location are very hit and miss. About half of them are great and the other half is pretty apathetic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I go to the one in Carmel often and I've seen some things that scared the crap out of me. I simply pack up my belongings and go to the counter and inform them on what was witnessed. I had a female and her son shooting next to my wife and I one night (date night) both of them didn't know how to operate the pistol they had rented(legion 229). It was a very scary scenario.
    Did you offer to help them?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    This thread illustrates so many reasons I hate going to indoor ranges.

1. Lots of amateurs.
    2. Too close of proximity to other shooters.
    3. Staff is rarely on point enough to prevent obvious failures of gun safety.

I wish these gun shops would stop renting guns. Seems like a recipe for disaster. Too easy for a newbie to walk in and claim they know how to operate a gun and then shoot someone in the leg. If the didn't rent guns, then at least the person would have to be "knowledgeable" enough to have purchased their own gun.

mstagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Also, one of the staff was telling me they had a negligent discharge into the cabinets behind one of the gun counters about a month ago... maybe its time to find a new range. Tim's shooting academy is just up the road.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    not sure how buying a gun proves anything.

I see ACC's point. People who think they know how to handle a firearm will look at Point Blank's wall, and say "Ive shot an AR before, how difficult can a Tavor or AK be?" For many of us here, it's probably difficult to remember how absolutely clueless we first were with firearms, and how it took some time to really be comfortable with them. Think of how many people don't carry with one in the pipe... that's not confidence in one's weapon, and yet even those that carry like that probably have more knowledge than the guy who walks off the street, and going for the coolness factor picks an exotic gun off a wall.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Was just there last week and while I felt pretty safe, the RO could have done a better job of general patrol of the range...he seems to have a buddy there and was BSing with him about 80% of the time we spent there.

Top Bottom