• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    you can have very valid reasons for your opinion, but the state should not reduce someones rights just because they choose to drink..
    There is proof that driving while drinking can kill people..
    there is very little proof that some drinking will impair a person to such a state that they should be stripped of the right of defense..

I agree. I never drink more then two beers when out because I know eventually I will be getting back in my car and do not want to face the consequences of breaking the law. That is the same reason I can say with absolute certainty I will not pull a weapon out and start discharging it into random individuals... the repercussions of prison and an eternity in hell don't balance in the risk/reward category. There may be some people on this planet you can't trust with a concealed weapon and access to alcohol. These are the same people that likely can also not be trusted to not get behind the wheel of a car in the same situation. Not all of us are cut from the same cloth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. I don't have more than one beer when I carry. Just personal preference.

Yep. Same here. Only one. And NEVER ANY when I happen to be OCing, which isnt often. Last thing I need is some jackwagon SJW type to assume its not my first beer and go ape sh** because I'm being irresponsible.

And before anyone gets crazy about zero tolerance while carrying, would you not carry when you have a cold? Or take cold meds? Yes, a single beer CAN impair you slightly, but so can too little sleep, pharmaceuticals, etc.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yep. Same here. Only one. And NEVER ANY when I happen to be OCing, which isnt often. Last thing I need is some jackwagon SJW type to assume its not my first beer and go ape sh** because I'm being irresponsible.

And before anyone gets crazy about zero tolerance while carrying, would you not carry when you have a cold? Or take cold meds? Yes, a single beer CAN impair you slightly, but so can too little sleep, pharmaceuticals, etc.
    I don't see any difference whether you open or conceal carry while you have a beer.
    if someone else doesn't like it, tough s**t!

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    Open or concealed this is still America and still within the law. I have had more than one beer one many dinner occasions while open carrying into a restaurant bar. No one cared. Nothing happened. I wasn't afraid. I had nice evening dinners with my wife and son. If someone didn't like it. Like dirtbiker said tought *****. Don't look at it.

I don't like how most black people around here who think they are thugs walk around with belts and their pants below their ass. I don't call the cops on it. Still America and one is free to look like a gay thug if they want.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Open or concealed this is still America and still within the law. I have had more than one beer one many dinner occasions while open carrying into a restaurant bar. No one cared. Nothing happened. I wasn't afraid. I had nice evening dinners with my wife and son. If someone didn't like it. Like dirtbiker said tought *****. Don't look at it.

I don't like how most black people around here who think they are thugs walk around with belts and their pants below their ass. I don't call the cops on it. Still America and one is free to look like a gay thug if they want.

Funny you would put it that way, given that wearing one's pants in such a manner originated in prison as a way of advertising that the ass in question was, well, available.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    ^^All the reason I put it that way^^ Looks stupid to me. I could not shake my head any more or put more palms to my face when I saw a "thug" walking down the street with his pants below his ass and his 2 year old son walking next to him with his pants below his diaper...wanting to be just like daddy. Jobless and illiterate.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    Funny you would put it that way, given that wearing one's pants in such a manner originated in prison as a way of advertising that the ass in question was, well, available.
    That is only one of many possible origins of the fashion. As with many youth fashions, the exact origin is never really known because they may originate in different locations over a period of time. People who don't care for the fashion often make up a disparaging origin to dissuade their kids from adopting it, such as the prison gay origin.

It's just a fashion statement, folks! You may not like it but there are lots of folks in Manhattan, Paris, any large metro area who would laugh and cringe at our everyday wear.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Pull-your-pants-up.gif

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I guess if a thread is older than a few years it's ok to start a new one. I read several of the posts before realizing it was very old. I'm glad you can carry in a bar as you can anywhere else. Some states restrict it. Some places bars are called "clubs". Sometimes it isn't be safest place to be, or to leave when you go out to your car. I don't drink or partake in the gladiator games, but I do have a friend who is a musician and when he performs it is in a bar. I like to go watch the performance, and I should not have to "disarm" just because some people who go and drink can't control themselves. I'm glad Indiana isn't like most other states in that regard. Many states you have to worry about going to jail because the place's business happens to be over 50% alcohol sales, even though you went there for the good chicken wings. Some states it is the "bar area", so if you go to outback steakhouse for a dinner, you have to tell the waitress who said she had a booth in "the bar area" that you would prefer not to be seated in the bar area. I never tell them why when I visit there in another state, but I prefer to stay legal when I can.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That is only one of many possible origins of the fashion. As with many youth fashions, the exact origin is never really known because they may originate in different locations over a period of time. People who don't care for the fashion often make up a disparaging origin to dissuade their kids from adopting it, such as the prison gay origin.

It's just a fashion statement, folks! You may not like it but there are lots of folks in Manhattan, Paris, any large metro area who would laugh and cringe at our everyday wear.

I saw it in prison before I saw it on the street.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So, are you a sweatpants or pajama bottom sort of guy?

Top Bottom