• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Some people can't even hold a gun and take a dump at the same time sober with out shooting up the toilet. Imagine him drunk and playing grabass with the strippers?

Lucky thing we got "experts" here qualified to carry guns, drink, and "educate" the public joining forces with their uncle Ted to represent all us regular gun owners. I feel so lucky when I read about them doing all this so well in the news papers and on the internet.

Yeha hu ha ha ha! Looky here watch this LeRoy!

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I went to a famous bar downtown over the weekend with some friends for some good blues. I bumped into a nice old fella who was a worker for the government delivery company. We struck up a conversation and it got around to guns - turns out he was carrying. He jokingly said "don't worry, we only shoot each other."

Even though I did not feel comfortable with him drinking, I'm in no place to tell him what he can and cannot do. Even though we was carrying at a bar while drinking, no shots were fired. Perhaps this was because he wasn't a Pacer :):draw:

I left mine in the car that night.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    there is no state law restricing carrying into any bar...
    the bar might limit you.. but not the state..

personally, i think if are not going to keep your gun and wits with you, just leave the gun at home..
    of all the people i know who have had guns stolen 75%+ where taken from cars...

DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    I personally will carry when going out especially if I am the DD. However when I know that a group of friends will be going out and I'm not driving and I know I will be indulging in multiple drinks I choose not to carry. Not for legal reasons but just personal preferance.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    this is interesting, i have a one of those books with the laws from all 50 states i think its from 2014 and its says that you can carry while in a dinning area of a bar, thats in indiana, alot of other states it says the same thing,the book very well could be wrong. it dosnt go into great detail. and i have never looked up the indiana law, but i have always thought that if you are drunk and have a firearm on you that is a seperate charge in of its self, and if you have a illigal drug and a firearm that is also a separe charge, me personally i will not get drunk and loose control of myself in public,

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    this is interesting, i have a one of those books with the laws from all 50 states i think its from 2014 and its says that you can carry while in a dinning area of a bar, thats in indiana, alot of other states it says the same thing,the book very well could be wrong. it dosnt go into great detail. and i have never looked up the indiana law, but i have always thought that if you are drunk and have a firearm on you that is a seperate charge in of its self, and if you have a illigal drug and a firearm that is also a separe charge, me personally i will not get drunk and loose control of myself in public,

th

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I carry everywhere. If I go out and have some drinks with friends I carry. I am not a child and I know how to handle myself. If my life or life of my friends and family is in danger, me having alcohol in my system is irrelevant to our safety. Downtown there are many dark and shady areas to lark because there are not street lights everywhere.

Rather live than die.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    i didnt want to open a new thread, so yes i brought back a dead one, are there any laws in indiana that are firearm and alcohol related? what would happen if you were at the bar and passed out drunk, they called police because you were out of it, when police picked you up off the floor a pistol falls out of your jacket, are you going to have a separate charge because you where carrying?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IC 35-47-4-1 Delivery of deadly weapon to intoxicated person
    Sec. 1. A person who sells, barters, gives, or delivers any deadly weapon to any person at the time in a state of intoxication, knowing him to be in a state of intoxication, or to any person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, and knowing him to be a person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, commits a Class B misdemeanor.
    Indiana Code 2015 - Indiana General Assembly, 2015 Session

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    i didnt want to open a new thread, so yes i brought back a dead one, are there any laws in indiana that are firearm and alcohol related? what would happen if you were at the bar and passed out drunk, they called police because you were out of it, when police picked you up off the floor a pistol falls out of your jacket, are you going to have a separate charge because you where carrying?

This thread is 6 years old. Almost 7. I think it's okay to start a new one.

No, you will not.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.

Sec. 1. A person who sells, barters, gives, or delivers any deadly weapon to any person at the time in a state of intoxication, knowing him to be in a state of intoxication, or to any person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, and knowing him to be a person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, commits a Class B misdemeanor. so it is a crime to give a impaired person a weapon. but for that impaired person to have the weapon isnt a crime.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Sec. 1. A person who sells, barters, gives, or delivers any deadly weapon to any person at the time in a state of intoxication, knowing him to be in a state of intoxication, or to any person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, and knowing him to be a person who is in the habit of becoming intoxicated, commits a Class B misdemeanor. so it is a crime to give a impaired person a weapon. but for that impaired person to have the weapon isnt a crime.

Isn't that dumb? It's a misdemeanor to give an impaired person a weapon, but if they already have it, it's okay. Or, you give it to them, and you get charged, but not them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Isn't that dumb? It's a misdemeanor to give an impaired person a weapon, but if they already have it, it's okay. Or, you give it to them, and you get charged, but not them.

Not really dumb, no. No more so than any other item-based prohibition. You can go and buy 14 cases of beer at the store, right? So let's just say you were to sit down and drink a full case in 2 hrs. You'd be drunk, right? Now, let's say your friends come by, pick you up (probably literally!) and take you to the local bar. If the bartender serves you an alcohol-containing beverage, they've committed a crime and may be liable for any drunken mayhem you cause, possibly as a result of the drink you were served. OTOH, if you stayed home and were capable of doing so, you could pop open another can or several and be perfectly within the law.

Same logic, unless you're just looking for a new gun law to enforce on people who are doing no harm to anyone.

Blessings,
    Bill

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Laws such as this, which are repugnant to liberty, natural law and any notion of justice, should not be enforced - if not repealed, nullified.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Not really dumb, no. No more so than any other item-based prohibition. You can go and buy 14 cases of beer at the store, right? So let's just say you were to sit down and drink a full case in 2 hrs. You'd be drunk, right? Now, let's say your friends come by, pick you up (probably literally!) and take you to the local bar. If the bartender serves you an alcohol-containing beverage, they've committed a crime and may be liable for any drunken mayhem you cause, possibly as a result of the drink you were served. OTOH, if you stayed home and were capable of doing so, you could pop open another can or several and be perfectly within the law.

Same logic, unless you're just looking for a new gun law to enforce on people who are doing no harm to anyone.

Blessings,
    Bill

Good points made.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here it is...Carrie in an establishment that serves alcohol!

hqdefault.jpg

OK, I know you didn't mean that Carrie. I just got finished looking at the Star Wars thread!

Top Bottom