• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    You are as entitled to your opinions as you are to open carry. And you are entitled to express those opinions on the Interwebz. But if you (a complete stranger) come up to me when I'm out and about and try to tell me how to dress, carry, talk, walk or almost ANYTHING else, you'll likely to get more than you've bargained for. This is not a question of butthurt. It's all about MYOB.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Best idea I can think of is if you are unsure you should have called 911 and reported a man with a gun and let the police sort it out.

You can never be too careful in today's world.

I mean, the SOB had an accent, we don't want that kind of thing going on around here.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Wow. So simply because I notice that he's scaring people at a kids store and calmly suggested that maybe (that means opinion) he should consider covering up or not looking like a wanna be SWAT guy if he would. Rather not be avoided and make people nervous. Tough crowd. Sounds like a lot of the leftist I know "I'm open minded for ideas as long as they are the same as mine"

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I see no mention of dress or clothing or clean shaven descriptions anywhere in the constitution, let alone the 2A.
    When I was 16 I had pink hair. Many people didn't like it, and felt the need to tell me how they felt. Hair color isn't even a right.

Perhaps you could have eased the concerns of the patrons, reminding them that they too, had the right to carry a firearm.
    In the video I posted above... should we marvel at how such an 'ugly woman' can sing so well? Or should we ask ourselves why we feel an 'ugly woman' should be considered to not have such a lovely voice?

This is the true melting pot.
    I tried to rep you for this post, but I am all out.

I had a 1 foot tall mohawk and green hair when I first started carrying. I wish someone would have told me to dress high and tight while carrying a firearm! (sarcasm)That would have kept all those pesky kids away and stopped them from smiling so much because of my green rooster hair. (/sarcasm)

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    I'd like to start out with I openly carry virtually every day and hugely support others right to do so. How ever I do at times feel that maybe at least considering concealment is good for public relations. I'll start with the story that brings this to mind. I am the single parent of a now 2.5 year old. I shop at once upon a child for second hand clothing for my son. Now that winter is near over a lot of people are bringing in old winter clothing for summer stuff and I'm prepping for next year. This 20 something guy who looked and spoke as if he was from some Slavic nation was in black tactical pants, old jungle boots, black shirt, and had the Springfield XDM holster and mag pouch openly displayed as he strolled through the shop with the mother of his child. It was very obvious that he was making people nervous...hell even I took a hard look at him. I walked over and said I think he should consider maybe dressing nicer or covering up in some shops. He accused me of being anti-gun and walked away. Usually when I'm out and openly carring I have dress pants and shirt, nice hair cut, trimmed beard, people think either I'm a cop or at least not a thug or terrorist in training. My point I guess is it's about appearance. Much like if you see a person dressed like a street thug you assume he maybe dangerous and avoid him....right? Same thing with us as we are in public. If we are to open carry we may want to be mindful of how we look. Just one mans opinion. I'm by no means saying you can't open carry if you look like a hobo, red neck, street thug, or terrorist. Just simply saying if you do look like those things you may generate a bad image for all of us.

So when you are OC, has anyone came up and suggested that you conceal your weapon because you are "scaring people"? If so, how did you feel?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow. So simply because I notice that he's scaring people at a kids store ..........."

3.jpg

8706660.cms

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Again I don't care about hair, clothes, holster , what ever. You have the right and I clearly stated that I support that right. All I was suggesting is that maybe JUST A THOUGHT if you wonder why people are acting nervous around you when you look like a confused SWAT guy maybe reconsidering your approach to open carry is an OPTION (that means not a must)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Again I don't care about hair, clothes, holster , what ever. You have the right and I clearly stated that I support that right. All I was suggesting is that maybe JUST A THOUGHT if you wonder why people are acting nervous around you when you look like a confused SWAT guy maybe reconsidering your approach to open carry is an OPTION (that means not a must)
    Did this guy express concern over the way people were looking at him? No? Then leave him alone as your point is moot.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I'd have probably told you to F-O too. It depends on what I'm doing on how I'm dressed, If I'm working in the garden and need smokes or a Mt. Dew I'm not changing clothes to run to the store. I might be seen running around town with ripped blue jeans OC'ing I don't care.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bunch of freak-a-doos around here....... you guy better not have any type of accent.

When I was in graduate school my major professor pulled me into her office and told me that I had to lose my accent. Apparently the program I was in was considered to be to prestigious for somebody to talk like I did. I am from Southern Indiana. I don't know her opinion of guns though.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    So what you're saying is that if you're in a shop 2 months after something like Sandy hook and a guy is causing a slight issue with his firearm and you see and understand what's going on you would not even so much as say a word? This doesn't mean you're a constitutionalist it means you have no balls

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow. So simply because I notice that he's scaring people at a kids store and calmly suggested that maybe (that means opinion) he should consider covering up or not looking like a wanna be SWAT guy if he would. Rather not be avoided and make people nervous. Tough crowd. Sounds like a lot of the leftist I know "I'm open minded for ideas as long as they are the same as mine"

Its not a tough crowd, its a discusion. Some people will agree, some will disagree. It's the nature of a discusion.
    "I'm open minded for ideas as long as....." I don't think that is comparable. Someone says, "I disagree with how he is dressed, but it's none of my business" versus "He should change so as not to scare people". The open minded one is the first.
    Do you go to minorities and tell them they should dress better so as not to scare the non-minorities?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So what you're saying is that if you're in a shop 2 months after something like Sandy hook and a guy is causing a slight issue with his firearm and you see and understand what's going on you would not even so much as say a word? This doesn't mean you're a constitutionalist it means you have no balls
    I OCd the day of, and the day after.
    What's the question?

Top Bottom