• ...and so much more!
  • Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    My church also has a school. They are connected and there is free access back and forth. Our church services had to move to the school gym due to a fire. Makes for a really gray area..... I decided I can not carry there. Thankfully, I can identify the LEO that are at the same church service as I am.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    This would be great. I go to Catholic masses and my parish does not have a school but sometimes we attend other parishes that do and then I have to leave it in the vehicle.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sunday school and junior church don't count as schools per se, so I frequently carry in my own church, at least in wintertime.
    Only my wife knows about it, although I seriously doubt that anyone -- including our minister -- would mind.
    Just because everyone who attends is a fine person I care greatly about doesn't prevent someone with ill intentions from invading.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    My concern is not only those intent on hurting Catholics, but someone who wants the collection. I carry there and know for a fact one other person carries. There is also 1 LEO that is there occasionally

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My church also has a school. They are connected and there is free access back and forth. Our church services had to move to the school gym due to a fire. Makes for a really gray area..... I decided I can not carry there. Thankfully, I can identify the LEO that are at the same church service as I am.
    Good decision. Not grey at all.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Sunday school and junior church don't count as schools per se, so I frequently carry in my own church, at least in wintertime.
    Only my wife knows about it, although I seriously doubt that anyone -- including our minister -- would mind.
    Just because everyone who attends is a fine person I care greatly about doesn't prevent someone with ill intentions from invading.
    :+1: Keep it concealed, keep your mouth shut about it, worship God and go home. I have a 2 inch S&W 36 that is my Sunday go to meeting gun.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    :+1: I have a 2 inch S&W 36 that is my Sunday go to meeting gun.

Ha, I like that! We have a school on the property, that operates in both the attached school and church buildings. We have a trained security team of seven. The way the law presently states, we must have the approval of the school board or governing body (deacons/trustees) to carry on the property. The pastor has made it clear that anyone carrying that has not met the training requirements, and has not been approved, is in violation of the law. We also carry banners on our belts, that in the event we had to draw our weapons, at some point we pull them over our shoulders to identify us as security. So when the police show up, they don't mistake us for the bad guy. I'm all for being able to carry everywhere, but I am more comfortable knowing who on my team is carrying, where they are, and that they have been with me during training.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I carry a pistol in my pocket at church, but i just shut up about it.
    Only my wife knows.
    Never had a problem.

An earlier Pastor we had carried a pistol in his pocket too.

Our Deacon is a former Marine, and I suspect he's carrying too, but I never asked him.

This is a small country church with a very small congregation that would be a PRIME target for criminals.
    We've even seen suspicious people sitting out front appearing to be casing the place.

Ceruleanblue

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2017
    South
    I carry a pistol in my pocket at church, but i just shut up about it.
    Only my wife knows.
    Never had a problem.

An earlier Pastor we had carried a pistol in his pocket too.

Our Deacon is a former Marine, and I suspect he's carrying too, but I never asked him.

This is a small country church with a very small congregation that would be a PRIME target for criminals.
    We've even seen suspicious people sitting out front appearing to be casing the place.

This would seem to be the best policy, especially after the Islamic church attack/ priest beheading in Normandy France.

France church attack: Priest killed by two 'IS militants' - BBC News

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    When and if, my church frowns on me carrying my weapon, I will promptly find me another church!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs. Madison 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs. Madison 5 US (2 Cranch) 137, 174, 176, (1803)

You realize that this is the case where the federal courts gave themselves the power to determine what is constitutional or not, most certainly not the individual.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You realize that this is the case where the federal courts gave themselves the power to determine what is constitutional or not, most certainly not the individual.

Yep
    That was the very first step in the erosion of our constitution and BoR.

Top Bottom