• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Ugh, I have to go up to Cleveland for a family Christmas party from the 26th-30th. Sure wish I could be carrying up there.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    The reciprocity language has been stripped from the senate bill:

HB495: Headed to Governor Kasich's Desk | Ohio Legislation | News

It doesn't say that it was stripped only that they expect that it might have been or that it might be next summer before it goes into affect.

OFCC expects that the reciprocity reforms in HB495 were stripped or, at the very least, will not go into effect until July of 2013 giving the 130th General Assembly an opportunity to revisit the changes.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Good catch.
    I was apparently influenced by other articles and misinterpreted what I read.

I live right on the IN/OH border and have been trying to watch this very close. I certainly hope that they keep the reciprocity changes that they made. I noticed the article was from last night and it said he would update today with more specifics but I haven't found an updated article yet.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe it's time to revisit our reciprocity with Ohio then.

No. Our laws should not become more restrictive because their laws are wrong; The whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing...

What needs to happen is that their legislators need to change their law to recognize all permits/licenses/permission slips (at a minimum) or to create Constitutional Carry (best case scenario)

What can we do? If you have family there, have them contact legislators or better, contact them yourself whether you have family there or not, advising them that you won't be coming to their state to spend any money as long as their laws remain so backward. Continue contacting them until the changes we know are right happen.

Hell, even suggest to them a "sunset provision", that if the violent crime rate within their state has not increased, that the law becomes permanent, or if it rises *because of licensed/permitted individuals*, the law reverts to its present form. Win/win/win.

Blessings,
    Bill

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... What needs to happen is that their legislators need to ... or to create Constitutional Carry (best case scenario)

What can we do? If you have family there, have them contact legislators or better, contact them yourself whether you have family there or not, advising them that you won't be coming to their state to spend any money as long as their laws remain so backward. Continue contacting them until the changes we know are right happen. ...

Surprisingly, constitutional carry has been proposed in OH, and it sounds like there's a current bill, HB256, that can be supported (not sure of its status).

See here ==>> Constitutional Carry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom