• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Tag.

I really want this to pass. I am 10 minutes from the Ohio borded.

I work, eat, shop and visit all of my family in Ohio.

The wait is killing me...:fogey:

Same here. I've been putting off getting a non-resident permit from Utah or Fl to see if it goes through or not. I really don't have the extra coin for the no-res permit right now so I'm willing to wait it out and see. Just hoping it doesn't take a year or two to get done.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Same here. I've been putting off getting a non-resident permit from Utah or Fl to see if it goes through or not. I really don't have the extra coin for the no-res permit right now so I'm willing to wait it out and see. Just hoping it doesn't take a year or two to get done.
    It still would be a good idea to get a Florida, Arizona or Utah license because that opens up other states that don't recognize Indiana. (Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Minnesota, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington state.)

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    It still would be a good idea to get a Florida, Arizona or Utah license because that opens up other states that don't recognize Indiana. (Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, Minnesota, West Virginia, Virginia, Washington state.)
    Perhaps he isn't likely to be traveling in those states and it would be a waste of money.

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    I actually just requested the application packet for my virginia non resident ccw for this reason my mom dad an all my brothers and sisters live in ohio virginia non resident is recognized there, as matter of fact a lot of ohio residents (some of them my family) are considering getting a virginia ccw because its easier and cheaper to get than ohio's, I may just wait and see I have my indiana lifetime if ohio gonna recognize indianas.... Might still be good to get the virginia tho because it is recognized in west virginia where I have a lot of family too

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Be prepared. What if you have to suddenly go to/thru another state for business or family or just a vacation? You are out of luck if you don't plan ahead.

This. I didn't have the money when I needed to apply for my AZ non resident permit. Then all the sudden the wife decides we are taking a week long vacation on the beach in VA. Now I'm hosed and can't carry. Looks like I'll be packing the AR into the van. Really wish I would have thought ahead.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Don't have the money for permit application but can afford a week at the beach in Virginia? Wish I had those problems.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

Don't really need those enough to justify the extra coin at this present time. Ohio is my main concern because I live less than 10 miles from the OH state line and frequently go there to my brothers house and other places. I eventually will get a FL or UT but other priorities are more pressing at the moment.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    My Utah NR permit was $51 and is good for 5 (five) years. I can also get you a class for $50. so $101 total plus your passport pics and you are good to go.

See sig...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My Utah NR permit was $51 and is good for 5 (five) years. I can also get you a class for $50. so $101 total plus your passport pics and you are good to go.

See sig...

Thanks for posting this! The price for a new UT CFP has gone down and the cost of renewal has gone up to $15.

Blessings,
    Bill

bubba31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2012
    You can OC in OH as well.

Yea you can without a permit but there's no laws in Ohio protecting you while open carrying from harrassment, the minute someone calls the police and says there's someone carrying a gun you will be arrested for "inciting a panic" was what my cousin in mansfield Ohio was told

Top Bottom