Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Holy crap. There is so much misinformation and misdirection in this thread that I do not know where to begin. One full size pistol is not that much weight. At least not for men. Who in their right mind would venture forth with just one full size gun on their belt? I will tell you who, an optimist. Ankle holsters are complete crap. I carry two full size guns because I am not going to bend over. Partly because I am not going to lose weight so I have the ability to bend over. On a side note 198 pounds is little. I dropped to 189.5 pounds for about five minutes in 1991. That was ridiculous. Never been truly hungry since.

Suspenders! Chaffed nipples! Other than wanting to see MISS JULY 1989 wearing suspenders I have nothing to say about them other than the people that wear them have given up. Cinch that belt down another notch or two and get on with life. Apparently Lyndon Johnson did more damage to this country than I first realized.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    MISS JULY 1989

erika-eleniak3-300x300.jpg

Google is awesome.

Anyway, I don't know how I managed to wear a duty belt all those years. It obviously should have been crippling.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Holy crap. There is so much misinformation and misdirection in this thread that I do not know where to begin. One full size pistol is not that much weight. At least not for men. Who in their right mind would venture forth with just one full size gun on their belt? I will tell you who, an optimist. Ankle holsters are complete crap. I carry two full size guns because I am not going to bend over. Partly because I am not going to lose weight so I have the ability to bend over. On a side note 198 pounds is little. I dropped to 189.5 pounds for about five minutes in 1991. That was ridiculous. Never been truly hungry since.

Suspenders! Chaffed nipples! Other than wanting to see MISS JULY 1989 wearing suspenders I have nothing to say about them other than the people that wear them have given up. Cinch that belt down another notch or two and get on with life. Apparently Lyndon Johnson did more damage to this country than I first realized.
    I want to see the situation where Coach has to dual wield his way out of it.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend

This is why I love INGO!!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    than the people that wear them have given up. Cinch that belt down another notch or two and get on with life.

flood.gif

With my shape, there is no "cinching". I could keep tightening, but my pants would keep sliding lower until they were around my knees. It's actually gotten worse as I've lost weight due to less fat available to trap under the belt line. If I'm doing something where wearing pants is necessary (which I try to minimize), I wear suspenders. Even in BJJ class I have suspenders on under my gi.

I haven't given up.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Oh a whim, I started to weigh guns that I have in my carry rotation as well as some that I used to carry just to see if there's any correlation between what I like to carry and the weight. All are carried on an MTAC Kydex reinforced heavy gun belt in, typically, a Kramer OWB Scabbard in horsehide. Over the years, I've found that I hate carrying some guns and love some others. My least favorite to carry for a full day is my Sig Nickel Railed 1911. That is also one of my favorite shooters and is also a great nightstand gun. Full up carry weight on it is 47.2 oz. Among my favorites for carry is a CZ Compact carried with a 16 round mag and SP01 base plate. It always felt heavy, but I can carry that one all day long without an issue. I was surprised to see that it came in at 41.1 ounces, but that helps explain why it is such a soft shooting gun.

I have a G30sf that is a fantastic shooter and is rather light at only 33.7 ounces, but for some reason, that one can be uncomfortable after all day carry. That might be a holster issue though since I just bought it this spring and have not got my standard Kramer carry holster for it yet. It gets carried in a Glock molded holster. It actually carries great and feels good but at the end of the day, I find that I tend to have a sore back if carrying the chunky little gun all day. The four that are easiest to carry all day are a Glock 23, DW CCO, CZ P01 and CZ Compact. All are on the thin side and I think that is maybe what makes a difference, but I don't know why other than their center of mass being fractionally closer to the center of my spine.

Anyway, I thought I'd share in case anyone was wondering how a small number of pistols compare in full up, carry weight.

Glock 23 - 31.8
    Glock 30sf - 33.7
    CZ P01 - 34.4
    DW CCO - 35.1
    Glock 21 - 39.9
    CZ Compact - 41.1 (16 rd extended mag)
    Sig 1911 - 47.2

Thanks for the info, refreshing! I think the quality of holster is where its at. The pistol has to be as low as possible to carry right for me and conceal well, some holsters hold the gun too high.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    flood.gif

With my shape, there is no "cinching". I could keep tightening, but my pants would keep sliding lower until they were around my knees. It's actually gotten worse as I've lost weight due to less fat available to trap under the belt line. If I'm doing something where wearing pants is necessary (which I try to minimize), I wear suspenders. Even in BJJ class I have suspenders on under my gi.

I haven't given up.

Buy bigger pants, and pull them over your belly.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Perhaps I was a little extra catty on the suspenders crowd. I did not think you all would be so sensitive. In the future I will be more understanding of the mis-shaped suspender wearing crowd, because you are people too. Still don't have much positive to say about LBJ.

Miss July 1989 is another thing entirely.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Perhaps I was a little extra catty on the suspenders crowd. I did not think you all would be so sensitive. In the future I will be more understanding of the mis-shaped suspender wearing crowd, because you are people too. Still don't have much positive to say about LBJ.

Miss July 1989 is another thing entirely.

I was just glad I had LBJ to blame for something else in addition to all of his other crimes against humanity.

I might could go without my suspenders if I carried less stuff, but I'm probably never going to find out. I'm still amused by people being concerned over the weight of one pistol.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was just glad I had LBJ to blame for something else in addition to all of his other crimes against humanity.

I might could go without my suspenders if I carried less stuff, but I'm probably never going to find out. I'm still amused by people being concerned over the weight of one pistol.

I carried my Glock 17 again today. Weight didn't bother me.

Top Bottom