• ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Ummmm . . . I don't think . . . ummm.

I want the cause number. Cause number or it did not happen.

He seems in need of a Post Conviction Relief petition ahora mismo.
    If true, this case is such an outrage that I am interested in doing the PCR and expungement pro bono.
    :+1:
    Hey Kirk, you have a link for the IPAC Code books? IMO, that's something handy to have on hand, for anyone. Found the download (.pdf), linked here: http://prosecutor.grantcounty27.us/...files/assets/common/downloads/publication.pdf

But couldn't find a link to order the handbook, even at the IPAC website. Thanks!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Wow! Grant County PA put it on the web? Cool, did not know they did that.

No, I have no link because I do not know if non-attorneys can buy them. IPDC sells them at seminars and at the hq in Indy, but I don't think anyone advertises them for sale.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Doesn't male sense why they wouldn't sell to citizens.

Could be handy at times. Can't believe that Grant County has it posted on a publicly viewed website... just about the first good thing I have been able to say about this county in a while.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    My 08 book has luttrulls name printed on the front. It was my brothers i think he got it when he was in criminal justice class. I was suppossed to get a new one in my CJ class but dont think i ever did came in handy studying for big tests. I keep one in the car just so i can look random stuff up while B!&ching about not being able to see peoples license plate

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Reading tho responses on the comments section MAKES ME SO THANKFUL FOR ALL OF YOU INGO MEMBERS!!!

I could NOT believe the total and complete misinformation, red herrings and irrelevant comments posted there...:rolleyes: "Well, in IOWA...", "Back in Pennsylvania we could...", "If he were in Utah..."

While here some silly comments are made from time to time and I may well be responsible for some myself, there is always someone on INGO who will post an intelligent, reasonable comment BACKED by a link to a RELEVANT State statute, a RELEVANT court case, etc. And that happens right quick!

For what it is worth I feel blessed living in my own little world of INGO when I see the silly that is on the outside.

Thank you for the bubble INGO!:ingo::ingo::ingo:

Regards,

Doug

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So he was wasn't committing a crime, got arrested, pled out, yet still got his LTCH... what am I missing?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Doesn't it seem strange that he isn't willing to share the cause number with Kirk, who has stated to him he will do the PCR pro bono? I'm sorry, but something doesn't add up.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Would this meet the criteria for a suit under 42 U.S. Code § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights?

Edit: I seen where the guy posted his name and said "Dan" posted the story for him, it was his case in the comment section, I couldn't find him on mycase.in.gov when the site came back up.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Also I have never been able to wrap my brain around how if they declared that charging you money for an ID when it was required to vote was wrong because it amounted to a "poll tax" and prohibitive to exercising a Constitutionally enumerated Right, how charging people money for a "License/Proper Person ID" is ok.

Seems to me the State has effected an "Arms/Right to Defense Tax" and should at LEAST be freely issued so as to not also be prohibitive.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Also I have never been able to wrap my brain around how if they declared that charging you money for an ID when it was required to vote was wrong because it amounted to a "poll tax" and prohibitive to exercising a Constitutionally enumerated Right, how charging people money for a "License/Proper Person ID" is ok.

Seems to me the State has effected an "Arms/Right to Defense Tax" and should at LEAST be freely issued so as to not also be prohibitive.

I think the issue with the poll tax was that it was not applied equally to everyone.

Either way, I agree and Constitutional Carry should be the law in all 50 states. (even though it actually already is, but they somehow ignore that amendment). I think everyone should be required to receive a license to speak freely before they can exercise that right. And yes, training is REQUIRED.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Anybody feeling a group buy via one of our lawyer friends?
    Well, I'd be in. :yesway:

If there was a question about the buy, it could be rightfully stated they were being bought for an educational class. Then, we could simply cite a specific code in the handbook and discuss it here. ;)

Don't know why there should be any restriction on purchasing such a handbook. It's not like the information is 'secret'. And, as noted, anyone interested in the download can simply click on the link in my previous post (#22, above) or here:

http://prosecutor.grantcounty27.us/...files/assets/common/downloads/publication.pdf

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Yes, you may be very right; I had the click bait marketing strategy explained to me on Sunday.
    I used to read their site from my feed program, but once the Leghorn guy got a complex, I stopped. Every article become more opinion and snark then info. "The gun jammed" versus "This wonder plastic shooting iron (who says iron anymore, LULZ) had more class 2 stoppages then the contestants at a cheese wheel eating contest."

Don't get me wrong, the have some interesting articles & neat guns. They're a revenue-via-traffic site, so it comes with the territory.

My :twocents:? The article in question seems dubious to me with the author's last quip. He sounds exactly like their head editor or whatever.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If true, this case is such an outrage that I am interested in doing the PCR and expungement pro bono.

I am unfamiliar with that phrase, but for some reason, when I read it, I started getting nauseous.

BTW- didn't see anything matching this case on MyCase, not that everything is on there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom