• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Why do I carry a second revolver?

I carry in two guns in different positions to address the weak points of both carry locations.
    Guns do sometimes get disabled in gun fights in ways that can't be fixed. We had an IPD officer have the slide knocked off his gun by a bullet. Can't fix that. I've address mag floor plates dumping. Can't fix that.
    Revolver specifically for the ability to contact shoot without worrying about being out of battery.
    Its easy to drop into a coat pocket and have in hand when knocking on a door for a knock and talk. They don't know I'm holding a gun, and there's no quicker way to draw than to already have it in hand. I can start with that gun then transition to my bigger one if need be, but its faster than sweeping my coat and going for my primary, and speed matters a lot.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    BB,
    Ok*** I fully understand carrying two firearms at work, there were times that i carried 3... the 3rd being a nna in short on a neckless chain... I guess I should have stated " why " when CC for personal protection why would you carry a second revolver..

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BB,
    Ok*** I fully understand carrying two firearms at work, there were times that i carried 3... the 3rd being a nna in short on a neckless chain... I guess I should have stated " why " when CC for personal protection why would you carry a second revolver..

Same reasons. I carry same/same off or on duty, generally. Going to the pool or the like, different setup, but day to day, same/same.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    BB,

I've done the 3 gun thing in the winter. Revolver in top coat pocket, revolver on ankle, revolver or semi-auto on belt. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, but I always felt better knocking on a door with a gun in my hand in my coat pocket if I wasn't real sure what was on the other side. If it's hinky, real quick reaction time. If it's little old lady, I'm just a guy who's cold with his hand in his pocket.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I carry 2 spare mags in a Blackhawk double mag carrier. Inexpensive and easy setup.
    A 2nd gun comes into play when I drive out of town for anything. Then usually a 642 in an ankle holster.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I was carrying two spares at 9'oclock in a Safariland paddle. Easy on/off with good retention. Didn't hide too well with just a tee shirt on, but didn't look like a couple mags.

Recently got a JM Custom AIWB SPMP. Single mag, carried at about 11'oclock, appendix style. It is comfortable and hides the mag completely. Still working on getting it quickly (I keep going to last place I carried).

My food blister slows me down a bit, but I like the mag holder and feel that I will get faster with it.
    [h=2][/h]

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've been trying to find something for my new single stack mags. I found an found an old knife pouch that fit the mag good. I put a steel belt clip on it from an old cheap holster. Working good so far.

Top Bottom