• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Shield. $330 online, shoots like a bigger gun, enough gun for almost any situation. Take the rest of your budget for a holster and some training.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    I am talking about a brand newMAJOR recall being discussed here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/389873-major-taurus-pistol-recall.html
    It says 1997-2013. NOT DROP SAFE.
    Some of the models are:

• PT-111 Millennium
    • PT-132 Millennium
    • PT-138 Millennium
    • PT-140 Millennium
    • PT-145 Millennium
    • PT-745 Millennium
    • PT-609
    • PT-640
    • PT-24/7

Not sure if the one your are referencing was made in the last two years or not.

Yes the one I'm talking about is newer. The model with the recall is the ( Tarus pt111 millinium Pro ) that can discharge if accidentally dropped or hit hard. The revised current model is the ( Tarus pt111 millinium G2 ) where the recall issue was fixed and a few more refinements were added. Which by the way Rual King currently has on sale in their current add for $209.99 marked down from $249.99 if you can still find one anywhere. Go online and look at the reviews through Google and YouTube

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Forget the limiting budget. Go with the Glock 19 or Sig 938. I carry my 19 in an ankle holster when I want to conceal deep (Galco Ankle Glove) and can easily hide it under a loose outer shirt when I belt carry. If you want a serious weapon to stake your life on pay the price. You can find a used gen 3 or 4 G19 for around $450. Get one that's had a couple thousand rounds put through it so it's nice and broken in. If you ever have to draw and pull the trigger to save your butt it had better work and hit where you aim. My Glock is monotonously accurate and will put nice little clusters of Speer Gold Dot 124gr+Ps just above the front sight out to 20 yards.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I can't see lumping together a G19 and 938. Certainly a p320 compact or px4 or sr9c or m&p compact or ....

There are lots of fish in this sea.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a Kahr CM9. It is very reliable, and easy to break down.
    I have seen the prices fall to as low as $329. I will tell you, that I
    found it a hard gun to shoot accurately. I am not a novice shooter,
    but it is what it is. I would purchase the CW9 if I had to do it over again.

MBTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I know you are wanting something other than another Ruger but you are doing yourself a disservice by not looking into the LC9s or LC9s Pro. Especially when considering the price range you're trying to stay in...

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    My personal carry gun is a Glock 27, but it would be a 26 if I didn't carry a 23 for work. Small enough, but fullsize mags if need be. The 43 and shield are both great guns, I just want a bit more ammo with a few less mag changes, and giving up the single stack fits this bill.

A 26 could be had for the 425 area, but if you want to go less, it's hard to pass on the shield. It is a good shooter.

bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would look hard at S&W M&P9c.It is a lot of gun for the money.2 12 rd mags,changeable back straps,made in USA.Very nice and easy to shoot well.Easy to ccw.I got one new in the box with night sights and 3 12 rd mags for $450.

Top Bottom