• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I am not a HUGE fan of the census, that is NO reason to act like fricking Deliverance and do what comes first to one's hilljack mind.

This is going to open a whole can of worms for anyone opposed to current government intrusion. Count on folks being labeled extremist (more so than "normal" now) or terrorist because you dont like the government intruding into everyday business. This is going to have some serious repercussions all because some bucktoothed morons in Kentucky.... Very high road of them...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    While I am not a HUGE fan of the census, that is NO reason to act like fricking Deliverance and do what comes first to one's hilljack mind.

This is going to open a whole can of worms for anyone opposed to current government intrusion. Count on folks being labeled extremist (more so than "normal" now) or terrorist because you dont like the government intruding into everyday business. This is going to have some serious repercussions all because some bucktoothed morons in Kentucky.... Very high road of them...

Wouldn't get too high and mighty about folks in Kentucky. There were a number of threats leveled here on this very board about Census workers not so very long ago. Lot of folks inciting others.... something like this was inevitable. Census worker should have carried like some I know.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Don't need to overassume. Folk engaged in various illegal activities have been killing "revenoors" and the like for as long as we've been a country.

It's just that in the current political climate the story has more "legs" than normal.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    It still could be a suicide or worse yet a bunch of left wing wackos took "hanging the noose" publicity stunt one step further. Things are not always as they seem.

You mean to propose that this fellow hanged himself to make some sort of point? Or even to say that those "wacko" left wingers did this to deface the right wing? Really?

This is just a sad display of human nature. Instead of seeing him as a decent human being trying to bring home a little extra money, the perpetrator of this act only saw this man as simply 'one of them'.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    It still could be a suicide or worse yet a bunch of left wing wackos took "hanging the noose" publicity stunt one step further. Things are not always as they seem.

Don't need to overassume. Folk engaged in various illegal activities have been killing "revenoors" and the like for as long as we've been a country.

It's just that in the current political climate the story has more "legs" than normal.

Maybe he happened across something strangers are not supposed to see.:dunno:

The above are just a few credible possibilities. Love triangle, or disgruntled lover and until the crime has been thoroughly investigated all possibilities are just assumptions :rolleyes: Marijuana cultivation and Meth Labs are huge cash businesses in KY (and lots of other places) and the murder of trespassers is not uncommon

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    You mean to propose that this fellow hanged himself to make some sort of point? Or even to say that those "wacko" left wingers did this to deface the right wing? Really?

This is just a sad display of human nature. Instead of seeing him as a decent human being trying to bring home a little extra money, the perpetrator of this act only saw this man as simply 'one of them'.

I am referring to all of the Nooses that have been hung by blacks trying to make Racism seem to exist.
    To Lefty's vandalizing Dem offices to make it look like Right Wing hate mongers did it. What I proposed is not a stretch.
    If you look at my original post, I suspect he wandered across a growing operation and the FED was a warning to stay out of the county. Not some nut who hates the census.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I've got family down in that part of Kentucky. They don't care much for the government or trespassers. I remember driving to my great grandmas house when I was a little kid and a family member stopping us on the little road to the town to see who the heck was driving on "their" road.

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    It was just some guy doing his job. I had a good buddy who need some work last census and got that gig for awhile. I imagine most census workers are just good people like him. Dislike the census if you want to, but remember the workers are just fellow citizens.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A couple of related items. Guess who's going to get the blame? Looks like it's Glenn Beck. LOL

Did Glenn Beck's 9-12 protest inspire the murder of a US Census worker? A disturbing story is developing concerning the murder, the hanging, of a US Census worker. The worker was found dead, hanging from a tree, the same day as Glenn Beck's 9-12 Tea Party march on Washington D.C. The marchers were angry about many things, the expansion of the Federal Government in particular. The fact that the murdered Census worker was found with the word "Fed" written across his chest raises the inevitable speculations, and investigations.
    The slain Census worker, William E. Sparkman Jr., was a 51-year-old single father who once battled Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Sparkman, from London, Kentucky, worked two jobs while supporting his family. The part-time Census field worker and teacher was found Sept. 12 in a remote patch of the Daniel Boone National Forest in rural southeast Kentucky.
    The anger and hate generated by media personalities such as Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh, and politicians such as Joe Wilson and Sarah Palin, is bound to find an outlet that leads to violence and tragedy. It was, and is, only a matter of time.
    Words have power, and words have consequences. While Beck may claim to be the silly clown when the chips are down, he is nevertheless guilty of screaming "fire" in a crowded theater. Good people on the left and right have called for Beck and his kind to cease and desist, to end the assault on civility.
    More at the source.

It's kinda funny to see the progressives come out against the wrong people. The likely suspect would be one the many pot growing clans in Clay County. As someone elsewhere said, the guy went into indian country and didn't make it back out alive.

By some estimates, Kentucky is still No. 2 in marijuana production, exceeded only by much larger California, but the legal and cultural climate for the crop in the state's most popular growing area has become less favorable, Bill Estep reports for the Lexington Herald-Leader.

Estep's chief example is southeastern Kentucky pot grower J.C. Lawson, who bragged to the newspaper almost 20 years ago that he made $1 million in a few months and employed 20 people, bringing jobs and money to impoverished Clay County. "Lawson is still a symbol, but of a world and a war that is much different than 20 years ago," Estep writes. "The drug problem is worse in some ways, the war against it has escalated, and Lawson is headed to federal prison."

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    I am referring to all of the Nooses that have been hung by blacks trying to make Racism seem to exist.
    To Lefty's vandalizing Dem offices to make it look like Right Wing hate mongers did it. What I proposed is not a stretch.
    If you look at my original post, I suspect he wandered across a growing operation and the FED was a warning to stay out of the county. Not some nut who hates the census.

So you are saying racism doesn't exist? I assume you meant, trying to conjure racism in events that weren't about racism at all. Certainly racism is alive and well in a multitude of incarnations but not omni-present as some would suggest.

I wouldn't doubt it was drug related though. Where I live, there have been many bodies that were found by hunters in not much more pleasant circumstances.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    So you are saying racism doesn't exist? I assume you meant, trying to conjure racism in events that weren't about racism at all. Certainly racism is alive and well in a multitude of incarnations but not omni-present as some would suggest.

I wouldn't doubt it was drug related though. Where I live, there have been many bodies that were found by hunters in not much more pleasant circumstances.

Correct. They cause incidents so they can get together in their groups and denounce racism. They create the problem because like Jesse Jackson and others, if we cure racism they are out of work.
    We have all heard the stories of firemen who get caught setting fires.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I surely hope it comes out to be drug related, because if it doesn't the left will darn sure use this as an opportunity to slander us. Regardless of the details, no matter how much of a whackjob the murderer is, he'll get lumped in with the rest of us and used to paint all conservatives as murdering anarchists.

Poor guy...just trying to make a living. Regardless of whether or not its drug related, I hope the full force of law enforcement is brought to bear on those responsible...and if **** happens, and the bastards don't make it in one piece to trial....tough.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Yep, let's start killing people for asking questions we don't like. Then we can rationalize it afterward.

Nobody has advocated that. Not answering questions that go beyond the Constitutional mandate to enumerate the population (basically number and ages in the household).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Prayers for the dead and those left behind. And prayers for justice for whomever did this.

As for likely outcomes, who knows. The story seems odd and like a misdirection, but not out the realm of possibility either.

A tragic event in any case.

Top Bottom