Change my mind about derringer/revolver purchase.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No seriously, you dont want a derringer or revolver...

There is a whole dang thread about nice Berettas you can buy!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I posted it because it's a beautiful weapon.
    38 special 148gr wadcutter are for low recoil, deep penetrating, and fast shooting.

View attachment 269116
    I've handeld one of those. If I was going to carry a snubby, it would be that one.

Real sights. 6 shots. Stainless steel, but not too heavy. Beveled frame. Excellent trigger.

I could almost be talked into carrying that one. Almost...

:):

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I regularly carry. Bond Arms derringer chambered in 45acp….. I wear bib overalls a lot and it slides well in and out of my pocket…. Whichever one I decide to stow it in. I have a Colt detective that does quite well but many times the derringer is in the pocket and a much larger piece is in a shoulder rig. Just my .02

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Lot of folks here and elsewhere are not "revolver friendly" but it's all I carry and feel no need to change...advantages and disadvantages to revolvers and semi autos...best I can tell you is try a few and do what's best for you, not what others think is best....I have a .38 derringer and I would not recommend one for your primary carry, only 2 rounds and heavy recoil... good luck in your search...

snub revolver.JPG

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Derringers Heavy for what they are. Extremely limited capacity. Terrible sights. Single action (mostly, but not all). Heavy triggers. These days, there are much better solutions for practical purposes. Rewind the historical clock and I’m fairly confident derringer users of yesteryear would have given their right arm for a LCP, P32, or even an airweight snub.

That said, they're are cool, fun novelty guns.

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Get 2 snubbies. 38cal rules, but others are good too. I have a 32 cal Derringer. Its been shot exactly twice. Cleaned and stored and 2 fresh rounds if needed.
    I like the pocket semi autos, in 380acp or 9mm. Rugers seem a top choice, but i tote a Kahr CM9.
    Good luck.

Top Bottom