Chicago Police Directives for Out of state permit holders...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Great find, will print and keep in the car for the infrequent trips into the people's republic

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Best solution for this and almost every other potential situation is just don't go to Chicago! For the life of me, I cannot see any reason to do so. We do travel through Illinois but only because it's between us and CO, SD, etc. but Chicago is out of the question.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    On my last two trips west of Illinois, my wheels didn't stop turning. I won't even buy gasoline or food on the way through. Starve the ravenous beast by denying its fodder (money).
    /threadjack

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    ^^^
    I do my best to avoid IL. When I can't I always gas up in Terre Haute or in MO before trekking across the state. I don't stop to buy anything....only use the bathroom or throw out trash. hahaha

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    When i go to Lauer in Chippewa Falls, I fuel up, grab a snack and take a leak in Merrillville. I don't stop in IL. I do the same at exit 1 in WI before I come home. Illinois isn't worthy of me pissing in their toilets, let alone giving them my money.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I used to drive a semi andy favorite way to get through Chicago was to stop at one of the border truckstops and sleep until about midnight, by the time I got to downtown the roads were emprlty and I could just haul ass right on through.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Chicago is part of my territory. I have customers there so I have to spend some time there. Maybe he does or doesn't deep consesal while he is in that part of the state :whistle:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have way too much family in Illinoisistan to avoid the place. My #1 daughter is at DePaul, smack dab in Chiraq. My ma and a sister live in Springton, and I have a lot of cousins in southern Illinoisistan. So...I go there on a regular but not frequent basis. The laws are in place to catch good people, and like most laws only punish the good for the previous actions of the bad.

I'd like to pull my family out of there and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. Then slide Commiefornia into the ocean, fully populated. Wait, I digress.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    It's a long way from the freedom we enjoy here in Indiana, but at least you can keep a concealed weapon at hand while driving. Beats not being allowed a gun at all.

Top Bottom