• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J

jerbur6

i just got off the phone with chilis and was told if you was not law enforcement do not bring a legally owned firearm in there so be careful they will call 911 on you for carrying legal

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    besides the food, yet another reason to not go to chilis.

just curious. why did you call chilis to ask if you could bring a gun there. of course they'll tell you 'no'.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    i just got off the phone with chilis and was told if you was not law enforcement do not bring a legally owned firearm in there so be careful they will call 911 on you for carrying legal
    Can we have a little more information?

Did you just call them out of the blue and ask them, or did you have a problem while you were there?

I will carry in there until I see a sign saying otherwise. A posted sign, and someone telling you firearms aren't permitted are 2 totally different things.

J

jerbur6

chilis

there was an incident in ct where a man was arrested for carrying legally in chilis all charges was dropped but the chilis here in evansville said if you was not le they dont want you carrying and i called corporate and they said they go by state law but the guy in ct was legal and still went to jail

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I carried at the Greenwood Chili's 2 nights ago.

In fact, I had my G19 in a Fobus OWB. BUT, I just let my jacket slide down on top of the gun while I ate.

No one saw it. No one knew it. No one called the police.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission, sometimes.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    there was an incident in ct where a man was arrested for carrying legally in chilis all charges was dropped but the chilis here in evansville said if you was not le they dont want you carrying and i called corporate and they said they go by state law but the guy in ct was legal and still went to jail
    Just because that happened in another state, does not mean it will happen here.

In Tennessee it is illegal to carry in any establishment that sells alcohol. (Or so I was told.) Just because they kick you out of an alcohol selling Chili's in TN doesn't mean they will kick you out of one here.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    <:soapbox:>

Chilis can **** off and die.

I say LET them call the cops, you have a ccw permit for a reason correct? Better yet why don't a bunch of us pile in a few cars, drive to bloomington for a meal. Wear a OWB holster with no baggy clothes on and let em hang out in the open? Let the retards panic, let the police arrive and tell then we are breaking NO laws, then the management tells us to leave then tell them we refuse to pay the bill, SCORE! We break no laws and we get free food. If they try to charge us, pay with a credit card so you can call them that evening or on the way home and tell them you tried to make a good faith return and believe you should not be charged for the food due to their ignorance. Well, if your bank is worth half a **** they will take the funds back, credit you and once again chilis is out. :cheers: free brewskis on chilis. ;)

sorry for being so blunt and long winded on how I feel about someones ignorance. but I have been up for almost 24 hours and need sleep.

</:soapbox:>

J

jerbur6

chilis

i called corporate and was told when the guy in ct stood up a 19 year old female employee seen the gun and panicked and called 911 then when the police got there and found out he was legal and not doing anything wrong he said he heard one cop ask the other what they could get him on thats when they charged him with disturbing the peace which from everything i heard it was the cops disturbing the peace since the charges was dropped i guess the court seen it that way too but it sux to go thru all that for minding your own business and being legal

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I havn't been to a chilis since I can't remember when. I pretty much open carry everywhere. If I have to take my jacket off when I sit down to eat I dont try to hide it. So far no problems. I'm sure they will happen though.

IMO the arrest was crap. If the guy had the time and money he should file a civil suit.

If it was me and corporate policy was to follow state law I would get documentation and go right back to chilis OC'ing with documentation in hand.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Have you guys seen these? Non-carry-friendly business cards. You download it, then copy it onto business card paper. Then you have a stack of "business cards" that you can drop off at non-carry establishments to say you won't be patronizing, why you won't be, and asking if they turn others away for being guilty of nothing.

These downloads came from Concealed Carry Forum-

Side 1 of the card:
    http://binaries.concealedcarryforum.com/ccwsign/1.pdf

Side 2 of the card:
    http://binaries.concealedcarryforum.com/ccwsign/2.pdf

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Every gun store has a sign on the door telling you not to enter with loaded firearm. Do you want to be the only unarmed person in the shop?
    That is legal though. It is not legal, however, to ask someone to leave because they are carrying and minding their own business. That would be a violation of your 2nd Amendment Right. It has to be pre-determined and documented / posted that firearms are prohibited before you enter onto the property.

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That is legal though. It is not legal, however, to ask someone to leave because they are carrying and minding their own business. That would be a violation of your 2nd Amendment Right. It has to be pre-determined and documented / posted that firearms are prohibited before you enter onto the property.

restaurants are private property and by indiana law if they ask you to leave or not enter with your firearm you HAVE TO obey their request.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    restaurants are private property and by indiana law if they ask you to leave or not enter with your firearm you HAVE TO obey their request.

Correct. Any private property owner or management can ask you to leave. You must do it or you are breaking the law and can be arrested.

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    Carry concealed in Chillis and this is a non issue. You don't like their food or rules don't set foot in the door.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm not a big fan of chili's anyway so this isn't an issue for me, lol. If it were applebees on the other hand I'd call corporate and get a definitive answer. If it were in the positive I'd make a point of OC'ing all the time while there. As it stands I take off my jacket when I sit and my carry gun is partial visible but thats about it. Never had an issue. Matter of fact were in there tonight and I was on the end of a booth and I KNOW my weapon was about 50% showing and printing like mad... no one said a word.
    I say LET them call the cops, you have a ccw permit for a reason correct?

Just for clarification it's a LTCH (License to carry a handgun). Not CCW (concealed carry weapon) permit.

Top Bottom