• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Sorry if this post is in the wrong question. I recently moved here from FT. Riley KS and am not familiar with the area just yet. I'm trying to pinpoint the exact location of the shooting range located in Clark state forest off the i65. I believe I'm supposed to take exit 19 to 31 north but after that I can't seem to find the forest entrance to sign in. If anyone knows the street or anything would be great.

Also what seems to be the best time to go and beat any soft of crowd that might be there?

Thanks a ton,
    Josh

K9stang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Southern IN
    Hi Josh, welocome to IN.

When you get to 31 turn left. The park entrance is on the left about a mile. Big wood sign like all state parks. When you see the sign, go past it to the next left. There is a smaller sign that says Park Office. That is where you sign in.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    You can shoot me a PM if want someone to shoot with there sometime. I just live a few miles up the road from clark forestry. It's much easier going in the back way to the range instead of driving through the park

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I would not go there, tons of wild shooting in all directions, not even safe to drive down to the range, simply look at the rest rooms will tell you everything you need to know! I would pay good money to go somewhere before risking my life there!

The range is closed on Sundays if you do go, the range is way back in the park, just follow the signs, love the park, hate the idiots at the range!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I would not go there, tons of wild shooting in all directions, not even safe to drive down to the range, simply look at the rest rooms will tell you everything you need to know! I would pay good money to go somewhere before risking my life there!

The range is closed on Sundays if you do go, the range is way back in the park, just follow the signs, love the park, hate the idiots at the range!

:rolleyes:.......Jeebus Kriise, dude.......:laugh:.......been go'n fer yrs.......I'm still breath'n, nears I can tell.....:):

AND.......hunt'd all over da*n place (allow'd access) fer years .......idiots is everwhere........even grocery stores.......:):

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I would not go there, tons of wild shooting in all directions, not even safe to drive down to the range, simply look at the rest rooms will tell you everything you need to know! I would pay good money somewhere before risking my life there!The range is closed on Sundays if you do go, the range is way back in the park, just follow the signs, love the park, hate the idiots at the range!
    Been going there for years also, never had a problem. Folks are nice and easy to get along with. The conservation officers usually come down on Saturdays to pay folks a visit and shoot the crap. Usually have LEOs there on Saturdays shooting on their side

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I always try to go on a weekday, and as early as possible, to avoid the Saturday crowd. Many times we are the only ones there. Keep in mind that the range is closed on Sundays.

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Thanks for the responses guys!

For the people that go there, what's the deal with setting up targets and getting them back? From the looks of it you need to coordinate with all the shooters to have a time for people to retrieve targets. Is it fairly easy to do that or will I be waiting for awhile?

Thanks for for the answers!

Josh

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Been going there for years also, never had a problem. Folks are nice and easy to get along with. The conservation officers usually come down on Saturdays to pay folks a visit and shoot the crap. Usually have LEOs there on Saturdays shooting on their side
    Also I would PM you with a question or two but INGO doesn't think I'm responsible enough yet with only 5 posts...what a joke

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Also I would PM you with a question or two but INGO doesn't think I'm responsible enough yet with only 5 posts...what a joke
    Eh it sucks, but we have have advertisets that sometimes try to use this site to advertise some off the wall stuff, we don't need them spammino our inbox too, that's why the 50 post limit was set I THINK, ingo has a wealth of information and is a community within itself, we prefer people come, chat and stick around instead of dart straight for the classifieds. It's a forum, not a trading/buying site.

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Eh it sucks, but we have have advertisets that sometimes try to use this site to advertise some off the wall stuff, we don't need them spammino our inbox too, that's why the 50 post limit was set I THINK, ingo has a wealth of information and is a community within itself, we prefer people come, chat and stick around instead of dart straight for the classifieds. It's a forum, not a trading/buying site.
    Most of the time I just read and not post, unless I have some questions to ask (not very often do I). Maybe I'll hit that 50 post mark in 6 months...

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    You can shoot me a PM if want someone to shoot with there sometime. I just live a few miles up the road from clark forestry. It's much easier going in the back way to the range instead of driving through the park

This^^^

Nice to see another Scottsburgian on here NyleRN lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In

Pretty much sums everything up about that range in this post^^^ So glad I have my own range now an don't have to go back there ever again. When you see someone standing on top of one of the shooting benches unloading an AK I knew then Im done with that place!

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    Pretty much sums everything up about that range in this post^^^ So glad I have my own range now an don't have to go back there ever again. When you see someone standing on top of one of the shooting benches unloading an AK I knew then Im done with that place!
    I'm hoping I'll go early enough to not have any idiots around during the weekdays. Weekends are a no go, I can say with confidence people going on the weekends most likely have little to no gun safety.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I've had no problems shooting there myself, but I would caution you pay attention to the shooters around you. I've observed lots of unsafe handling. People are polite and do have safety in mind, but its obvious that lots don't know the basics of being safe at a range. I belong to a private club and gun safety is practiced there, but I don't mind going up to Henryville occasionally. Weekends are busy, go during the week if possible. Welcome!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thanks for the responses guys!

For the people that go there, what's the deal with setting up targets and getting them back? From the looks of it you need to coordinate with all the shooters to have a time for people to retrieve targets. Is it fairly easy to do that or will I be waiting for awhile?

Thanks for for the answers!
    Josh
    You just call out for an "all clear". Everyone unloads and puts down their firearms and walks out and sets up again. Just be courteous and pick up your trash and throw it in the trash barrel. I've never seen anyone standing on the benches shooting. Most of the time when I go there's several other people there. I'd say most of the idiots do idiotic stuff when no one else is around.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    You just call out for an "all clear". Everyone unloads and puts down their firearms and walks out and sets up again. Just be courteous and pick up your trash and throw it in the trash barrel. I've never seen anyone standing on the benches shooting. Most of the time when I go there's several other people there. I'd say most of the idiots do idiotic stuff when no one else is around.

I use to go there a lot. I did end up normally getting there as the sun came up to avoid the idiots. But made the mistake a few times going later in the day. The shooting on the bench incident was on a Friday afternoon with a number of people there. But your pretty safe the earlier you go, most of the older guys that go tend to get there about the same time as I did an their real nice to shoot with.

Deathmagnetgt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    New Albany
    I use to go there a lot. I did end up normally getting there as the sun came up to avoid the idiots. But made the mistake a few times going later in the day. The shooting on the bench incident was on a Friday afternoon with a number of people there. But your pretty safe the earlier you go, most of the older guys that go tend to get there about the same time as I did an their real nice to shoot with.
    Thanks for the insight! I'm going to try and get there early when I go, but once school starts up I'm boned. If my experience there goes bad I'm looking into joining a club here in Southern Indiana. If anyone is a member of the Southern Indiana Gun Club I'd love to hear how the community is there.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Thanks for the insight! I'm going to try and get there early when I go, but once school starts up I'm boned. If my experience there goes bad I'm looking into joining a club here in Southern Indiana. If anyone is a member of the Southern Indiana Gun Club I'd love to hear how the community is there.

Silver Creek gun club is close to you

Top Bottom