• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Clint is the classic old warrior who just says what he believes and doesn't care if he offends anyone!

As far as HTH fighting goes, training DOES count. The more someone jabs you in the face, the more you get used to it and it seems to slow down. You know what it feels like, that you will still be standing if it hits (usually) and you get more confident in dealing with it. I am a huge Tony Blauer fan and his response training can keeep you in the fight even when your clock gets rung and you are not able to think for a second.

I think I am going to start listening to his Tony's podcasts. Seems like a pretty insightful person to me so far.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I got hit in the face really hard once. I don't need a second dose.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm glad he rencently (like one year ago I think) got on Youtube.
    He's a national treasure and should be followod all day long by a camera crew.

Who has 500 loaded mags for each gun? :laugh:

[video=youtube;WRf28t_hLlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRf28t_hLlI[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm glad he rencently (like one year ago I think) got on Youtube.
    He's a national treasure and should be followod all day long by a camera crew.

Who has 500 loaded mags for each gun? :laugh:

[video=youtube;WRf28t_hLlI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRf28t_hLlI[/video]

Wow.....who wants to load 500 mags for each gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hopefully you only have to do it once

We are pretty well hooked up mag wise for all our platforms. Unless we really get after it there is no reloading at the range.
    Re-loading is always a treat.

I can not even imagine storing that many mags. What we have takes up some serious space.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Plan and train all you want.
    All of that planning and training will go away as soon as you get punched square in the pie hole.
    It will get really confusing if there is a quick follow up to the snot box.
    If you are still standing and aware it is all in how you react/respond.

As someone who get beat up by people less than half my age, for fun (for some stupid reason), I am definitely in the school of the sword of no sword.

Wuyi stopped being about "kicking ass" for me long ago. Now it is about defeating myself and socializing. Every now and then I can pass along a pearl of wisdom (these are no doubt rare for me). And I am just fine with martial arts being about self-discipline, friends and training the future.:D

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We are pretty well hooked up mag wise for all our platforms. Unless we really get after it there is no reloading at the range.
    Re-loading is always a treat.

I can not even imagine storing that many mags. What we have takes up some serious space.

Clint has the ability to shoot . . . a lot. He takes advantage.

I was there when Clint got one of the early Thunder Ranch AR-15s from Les Baer. I thought he was going to melt the gun.

Tony M. of the PC at Smith & Wesson tells the story of sending the M325 TRS to Clint with the intent of inspection. The inspection was conducted with many thousands of rounds being fired.

When Clint worked for the Germans it was a point of dispute as to the number of rounds that were fired through their products.:D

Yeah, he has a metric tonne of mags about, for everything. Over 500? Sure, I believe it.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    NSFW or the living room with little ears around. I'm not well versed in the personas of the gritty training folk. Shoulda known better by the title, shame on me; but seriously, 4 letters - help a brotha out!

Definitely interested in watching later!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As someone who get beat up by people less than half my age, for fun (for some stupid reason), I am definitely in the school of the sword of no sword.

Wuyi stopped being about "kicking ass" for me long ago. Now it is about defeating myself and socializing. Every now and then I can pass along a pearl of wisdom (these are no doubt rare for me). And I am just fine with martial arts being about self-discipline, friends and training the future.:D

Discipline is what is lacking with many who train. Using what they learn (depending on the teacher student relationship and why they train) in a positive way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Clint has the ability to shoot . . . a lot. He takes advantage.

I was there when Clint got one of the early Thunder Ranch AR-15s from Les Baer. I thought he was going to melt the gun.

Tony M. of the PC at Smith & Wesson tells the story of sending the M325 TRS to Clint with the intent of inspection. The inspection was conducted with many thousands of rounds being fired.

When Clint worked for the Germans it was a point of dispute as to the number of rounds that were fired through their products.:D

Yeah, he has a metric tonne of mags about, for everything. Over 500? Sure, I believe it.

I am far short of that mark mag wise but we never take all of them anywhere. Lets just say I have enough. For now. That could and usually does change.

Top Bottom