• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    Today my wife and two little girls were out and about, and the girls wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese in Avon. So we stopped in and had a good meal and a good time. But on the way out, In the entry way, my wife spotted a sign with a picture of a handgun with a circle around it with a line through it. It said " No firearms alowed on property, Violators will be prosecuted" I did not see it on the way in, and I had my S&W 9MM, IWB, and the shirt I was wearing was a little short, and my gun could be seen if I moved certain ways. I remember having to pull my shirt down to cover it a few times while I was inside. Luckily I made it out with no one seeing it. So I just wanted to give everyone with kids that may go to Chuck E. Cheese, A heads up, so they wont make the same mistake I did .

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Prosecuted under what law? I'm assuming this must be a Chuck E. Cheese law. Will I be incarcerated in the ball pit for a period of not less than 5 years?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Today my wife and two little girls were out and about, and the girls wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese in Avon. So we stopped in and had a good meal and a good time. But on the way out, In the entry way, my wife spotted a sign with a picture of a handgun with a circle around it with a line through it. It said " No firearms alowed on property, Violators will be prosecuted" I did not see it on the way in, and I had my S&W 9MM, IWB, and the shirt I was wearing was a little short, and my gun could be seen if I moved certain ways. I remember having to pull my shirt down to cover it a few times while I was inside. Luckily I made it out with no one seeing it. So I just wanted to give everyone with kids that may go to Chuck E. Cheese, A heads up, so they wont make the same mistake I did .

I'm glad you were able to enjoy some family time with no hassle from the cops;)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    They can't "prosecute" you for anything unless you refuse to leave then call the cops then get you for trespassing.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    There is no law in Indiana under which you could be prosecuted for having your gun on the property. However, if they discovered that you were carrying and asked you to leave, and you refused, they could then have you arrested for trespassing.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    There is no law in Indiana under which you could be prosecuted for having your gun on the property. However, if they discovered that you were carrying and asked you to leave, and you refused, they could then have you arrested for trespassing.

^^^ this. ^^^

I guess you just can't believe everythign you read on signs at Chuck E Cheese's :)

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I think carry at Chucky Cheese should be mandatory. We've been a couple times and just surviving the experience is hard enough, and I do sometimes question my safety with a herd of 50+ kids climbing everything in sight.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    The only law in which you might get prosecuted would be for trespassing:

IC 35-43-2-2 Criminal trespass; denial of entry; permission to enter; exceptions

Sec. 2. (a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent;

(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of this section when the person has been denied entry by means of:

(2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public

Basically, a county prosecutor would have to argue that this sign, as it stands, fulfilled the requirements of (2). Gun owners/right supporters make the arguments all the time that guns don't shoot themselves. Well, the same argument could be used in this case: Guns don't walk into restaurants by themselves either.

Such a criminal prosecution would be very dependent upon the signs size, the exact wording, and the location of the sign. Also, the state may prosecute even if one doesn't see the sign, so long as the sign is "at the main entrance" and gets the attention of the public. Sounds like it got your wife's attention.

Would be interesting to see how trespassing charges based upon a 'No guns' or similar sign would play out.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Violators will be prosecuted?

You just ate at Chuck-E-Cheese. What else can they possibly do to you to punish you? I never see those signs anywhere, even when I do see them.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I should have taken a pic. of the sign, But it does say, You will be prosecuted, it is right in the entryway before you enter the resturant.

Iam not a lawyer, but my understanding is that most of these signs are company policy types where in other states people can be charged, in Indiana I think all that can be asked of you is for you to leave their property. I always carry concealed in town, and only open carry when woods walking. So for me its not a big issue, besides with all my kids chucky cheese requires a lot of spiritual preparation (prayer, meditation) and spiritual reperation (buying a 5th and having a 4th :D)

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I have carried there many times (well east washington anyhow)

Going to Chuck E. Cheese is punishment enough. Going to Chuck E. Cheese on East Washington street is sadomachoism. :):

They should check you for a handgun at the door at that Chuck E. Cheese, and issue you one if you don't have one. :D

Top Bottom