• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    The O.A.L are published for some makers bullets. However, when using various makes of heads, it is important to seat off the ogive as not all bullet shapes with the same style are identical. Also, your chamber and lead may be different than the manufacturers dimensions used in load data.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    ^^^ THAT one is scary.^^^
    I've never had that happen.
    If you need something more powerful go to a caliber that gives you what you need. No reason to push a weaker caliber beyond its limits like that.

It's one thing to see what a caliber can do safely, and pushing way beyond the known pressure signs.

They must have ignored the signs, or failed to work their load up a little at a time.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've never had that happen.
    If you need something more powerful go to a caliber that gives you what you need. No reason to push a weaker caliber beyond its limits like that.

It's one thing to see what a caliber can do safely, and pushing way beyond the known pressure signs.

They must have ignored the signs, or failed to work their load up a little at a time.
    Not necessarily. The common high pressure signs don't readily appear anywhere close to normal .357 mag pressures so they could have simply been pushing the loads until they saw the pressure signs, though they would have likely had to have worked pretty hard at it.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I flatten primers in my 22-250 regularly, but it’s also a heavy action and a bull barrel. Flattened, not punched.

Reloading is an art form and reading your results will never steer you wrong. Reloading manuals are like Art 101 class. They give you a place to start but aren’t gospel.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom