Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :rockwoot:
    CSU surrenders on gun ban for the campus
    May 8, 10:16 PM
    CSU surrenders on gun ban for the campus

Even Boards of Governors can read handwriting on the wall when it is written large enough. The Colorado State University System Board of Governors decided May 5th to rescind their ban on guns from the campus. They had voted to ban guns in the face of solid opposition from the student body, and evidence from their own experience with concealed carry on campus up to that day that there was no harm or danger from the permit holders.

The day after the Colorado Appeals Court handed down it's ruling April 15 that CU could not ban guns from the campus that were in a person's car, the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners filed suit against CSU. The Appeals Court ruling made it clear that the court didn't feel that the legislature meant to exclude college campuses from the Colorado Concealed Carry Act. In their announcement that they were returning the campus to the rules in effect before the gun ban, the Board of Governors made no mention of the RMGO suit, but it probably helped clear their thinking.

Score another victory for clear thinking, standing on the facts and the US Constitution!​

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Congrats to CSU! Now if only Indy Parks would stop thier Pro-Crime Zone policy I could use the parks near me. I doubt I could view the ones near me as "safe" even with a gun.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    2z7kje8.png

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    [STRIKE]
    Complete failure!!! Now we are going to have college shootings, no one is going to be safe on campus, prof. may drop out of teaching for fear of being shoot by the students if they don't like the grade they get, alcholo and gun's don't mix but now on campus it's ok, we did we not think of the children.
    [/STRIKE]

Uh.. sorry never mind I though I was on the Barry Campaign website. :laugh:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    open and concealed carry is allowed on ALL state campuses here in indiana. becuase they are state property. the catch is that if you are a student, the university can take disciplinary action against you.. ie kick you out.

so now that im a grad from IU i can carry on their property. stupid liberals and their idiotic thinking

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Score for the good guys, *but now it is time for us to step up our game. *We need to get student carry without repercussion in Indiana. *This is important because I want to go back to school. *And because I am so awesome and you guys don't want to hear me whine about being kicked out I need your help.

Tomcat_AL200

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    West Lafayette, IN
    Bravo Zulu!

Sounds like a plan, hopefully oneday students at Purdue won't have to stand helplessly by as somone is abducted off the sidewalk IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FRACKING DAY!

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    I got a question about this. if you have LEO creds, you can carry on Campus, Right? If so, does anyone know how I could get some? I could to IMPD reserves, but my cardio capabilities are shot due to disability.

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know several people who carry to school every day at Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne. I'm not one of them because that's naughty. These people (whom I am not a part of) feel that the only time they could get caught is in the event of some sick Virginia Tech style massacre and they actually have to use their handguns to save lives. At this point in time these people (I'm not one of these rule breakers) don't give a rat's arse if they get into trouble...

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I got a question about this. if you have LEO creds, you can carry on Campus, Right? If so, does anyone know how I could get some? I could to IMPD reserves, but my cardio capabilities are shot due to disability.

LEO credentials only work for in the scope of duties IIRC, which is why the corrections officers didn't have to have InLTCH to take trips out

I know several people who carry to school every day at Ivy Tech in Fort Wayne. I'm not one of them because that's naughty. These people (whom I am not a part of) feel that the only time they could get caught is in the event of some sick Virginia Tech style massacre and they actually have to use their handguns to save lives. At this point in time these people (I'm not one of these rule breakers) don't give a rat's arse if they get into trouble...

I was one of those people, when I was in school with my ltch, I carried all the time due to that exact scenario. Who cares what happens if you save peoples lives who could not defend themselves

btw, do I note a sense of sarcasm in your above post?:laugh:

joekoug

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    btw, do I note a sense of sarcasm in your above post?:laugh:

Sarcasm? Heck no. I was just pointing out how naughty these silly rule breaking people are. What the gosh golly is wrong with these crazy kids trying to exercise their right to protect their lives on college campuses. I never bring my gun to school because I would rather get executed during a lecture by some mentally ill whack job than break some important rule and carry my handgun to class. Everyone knows that guns kill people and people who carry their handguns concealed are criminals who go out looking for trouble. Those concealed handguns go off at all sorts of places and could never thwart a crime or murder. What the heck is wrong with these crazy gun owning people???

Sheesh - you're probably some radical hippie rule breaker aren't you? :laugh:

Joe :patriot: :ingo: ;) :):

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Score for the good guys, *but now it is time for us to step up our game. *We need to get student carry without repercussion in Indiana. *This is important because I want to go back to school. *And because I am so awesome and you guys don't want to hear me whine about being kicked out I need your help.

It might have been passed years ago if Luke Messer, while he was in the statehouse, hadn't helped kill a bill in committee at the behest of IU. Glad the filthy piece of crap got beat, those voting for him should be ashamed.

Top Bottom