• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • himant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    ive carried a hi power 9mm, ran into a buddy of mine who is an officer, and hes quickly converting me to the glock 19. have read up on reliability and accurcy and it cant be beat,,im just one of those guys who likes having a hammer....feels weird without one.

Rob Watson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    I'm right there with ya himant, I carried 1911 for a long time, became a police officer and now have to carry a Glock. Not bad but long and hard trigger that I'm still not use to. Not knocking the Glocks but just not big fan.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Several solid suggestions. I'd also suggest taking a look at a CZ RAMI. Recoil is negligible thanks to the alloy frame and the grip angle feels really nice to me. Its a natural pointer.

I've shot a buddy's RAMI several times and if I were in the market for a 9mm it'd be high on my list.

jqunac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2012
    Another mention for the PPS. Thin but still large enough for good handling and accuracy. I carry it in a VM2 or kydex belt holster, either way it conceals well.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I tired the G-26 & MP Compact, too big in the summer, great in the fall and winter when I wear a vest or baggy shirts,

All summer I carry the Kahr PM9 unless i have a jacket then I carry the Kimber Ultra Carry II .45 SOB or M&P Compact .40 SOB

PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    Though the trigger pull is loooong, I have had great luck with the Ruger LC9. I don't like the manual safety or the mag disconnect, but it is a very reliable 9mm and much easier to carry than a G26 or similar pistol. Pretty much every pistol Ruger makes has been 100% reliable, at least in my experience.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    If you really like the look and feel of a 1911 style pistol you might try something a little outdated and is not manufactured any longer. The Star BM is really a quality, well made, accurate and reliable 9mm. It is all steel so it's a little on the heavy side but it is noticeibly thinner than a standard frame 1911 and is very well balanced. The price is right and you can still find parts for this model Star pistol. The BKM model is either an alloy or aluminum frame and is much lighter. I picked one up a while back and love it so much that I've put my other 1911's in the safe. Just a suggestion.

RolandDeschain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Portage, IN
    The M&P 9c is nice size but doesn't fit well in my large hands. If yours are as big as mine I'd recommend the Glock 19 or Glock 26 as the palm swell fills my hand just right. I do believe the M&P 9c has extra backstraps though I would definitely get my hands on one to make sure it fits before buying. Also in my case the Ruger LC9 was too slim and was not comfortable in my hand at all. JMHO.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    For a slim CC option, take a look at the Kahr line. The CW series can be had for a decent price and they are great little guns.

Personally, I'm in the market for an XDs, but that's a .45 not a 9mm.

As mentioned, the LC9 is a viable option, and one my wife used for a while. You can reduce the trigger pull and reset with a Galloway Precision mod.

I love the feel and look of the New Agent as well. I actually kind of dig the "trench" sights on them..

According to XDTalk, SA has "confirmed" the XDs in 9mm for around Christmas... so probably truly available around tax time! ;)

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I like the Springfield XD Subcompact in 9mm and I am 6'6" and have large hands. I carry it daily and it hides very well with iwb holster under a t-shirt or golf shirt.

Palmetto State Armory has the Essentials package on Sale today for 349 bucks. Cant beat that deal. Wish they had it in .40 for sale I would probably buy it also.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    I know it's an old thread, but I also like the PPS. It shoots like a bigger gun and and with 3 different magazines and two backstraps you can make it whatever size you want. The 7 round lets you get a full grip on the gun.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I recently won an LC9 in a contest. I like it so much I have decided to stop buying anymore, and plan to win all of my guns from now on.
    On a serious note... it has a long pull, and a long reset, but is pretty damn accurate for me, and conceals very well on my skinny frame.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom