• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    he's a comedian.... of course he's there for the ratings, just like Rush is...

Doesn't mean they don't do a decent job of putting information out there.

I don't like the he goes after Debra Medina for Sarah Palin, but you have to take what any of the media folks say with a grain of salt.

I listen to all kinds of opinions from people... even Alex Jones.
    :yesway:

JCA1776

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't like the he goes after Debra Medina for Sarah Palin, but you have to take what any of the media folks say with a grain of salt.

I heard the interview live, and Glenn did not go after Debra. He asked her a question that should have been easy to answer, and she imploded.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Sure do...he is only catering to a base that he knows is in a majority right now...he knows people are fed up with government abuses and that is what he focuses on. He is preaching to the choir. Although I agree with most of what he says, I still think he is there for the ratings and whatever is popular at the time is what he covers. Don't you question someone in his position to be for something under one administration, then after that changes parties, he then all of a sudden changes his view? He isn't as bad as Hannity...I can't stand to watch or listen to him at all...he is nothing but a cheerleader for the Republicans.

I don't know that he's necessarily preaching to the choir. People are fed up, and he is using that, but he is also a leader of sorts, whether he'd admit it or not. He's mobilized thousands of people to action that may have already been angry, but with no outlet.

I'll agree he's sensational, but from what I've seen since he's been on fox (don't watch CNN), he seems to believe in what he says, and from all first-hand accounts/interviews is just a regular guy.

+1 on Hannity -- can't stand the man at all. Like Rush, but I tune him out around most people, and when my blood pressure rises :).

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I laughed out loud when I read the title. 'Conservative' Bill O'Reilly supports gun confiscation in emergencies.

Bill O'Reilly is many things, a Conservative is NOT one of them.
    He is a Populist.
    Thanks for the laugh.

Let's see...he calls himself a conservative. Fox News calls him one. Townhall.com lists him as one and so do 1.8 million Google hits. Of course when he puts his foot in it he's a "populist". Yeah. Thanks for the laugh, indeed.

Nope you can even ask my Bro ATFConsumer, whose views on things political align closer to yours than mine, what I have always said about O'Reilly.
    Just cause people call him a Conservative doesn't make him one. I'm sure you agree that he is not, but you like to label him that for your own agenda for this story.

So, maybe if you say he's not catholic that will make it so? Yeah...sorry, that doesn't wash. As for the label, that belongs to the author of the article, not me. I'll go with the "O'Reilly is a conservative" crowd, since he says he's one and so does every other person out there.

"If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have? Five? No. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." Abraham Lincoln.

Just because people call O'Reilly a conservative does not make him one. What would make him one is if he adheres to conservative principles. And not adhering to conservative principles makes him ... wait for it ... not a conservative regardless of what he calls himself, what Fox news calls him, and what 1.8 million Google hits calls him. (And did 1.8 million Google hits call him that or were there 1.8 million Google hits with "O'Reilly" and "Conservative" somewhere on the page which would include pages that include statements such as, "O'Reilly is not really a Conservative"?)

Quite correct...O'Reilly caters to the populous for ratings...he always is in line with what gains him viewers. He is anything but a conservative.

He calls himself a conservative, but I see him more as an individual that doesn't care crap about the constitution. I seriously think he is one of the biggest problems for FoxNews. He always has some sex type topic in his program because it keeps a viewer base that would otherwise not watch and plus, the old man is just a pervert.:noway:

Bill calls himself a Libertarian... as does Glenn Beck

O'Reilly calls himself a "Traditionalist". Beck considers himself a libertarian.

I found this on wikipedia:

Political affiliation

In his books and on his radio and TV shows, O'Reilly claimed to be an independent. In his book The O'Reilly Factor, he wrote, "You might be wondering if whether I'm conservative, liberal, libertarian, or exactly what.... See, I don't want to fit any of those labels, because I believe that the truth doesn't have labels. When I see corruption, I try to expose it. When I see exploitation, I try to fight it. That's my political position."[2] In his book Culture Warrior, he identifies himself as a "traditionalist" and a populist. He argues that "traditionalists" are in a culture war with what he has termed "secular-progressives."

That says it all and the Author of this piece, from the OP, is being dishonest.

Tallenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Thorntown
    He's a neo-con hack, just like most of the jokers there, including the boss, Rupert Murdoch.

I for one am not a bit surprised at his reaction to the concept of police and military refusing to follow unconstitutional orders. He has shown countless times in the past his true view of the constitution.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Let's see...he calls himself a conservative. Fox News calls him one. Townhall.com lists him as one and so do 1.8 million Google hits. Of course when he puts his foot in it he's a "populist". Yeah. Thanks for the laugh, indeed.

I'm trying to discern the point you're trying to make here.

If your earth-shattering revelation is that Bill O'Reilly said something dumb... well, brace yourself; grass grows out of the ground, water is wet, and circles are round.

If you're trying to demonize conservatives by implying that all conservatives agree with this O'Reillian idiocy, or that gun confiscation is a central tenet of conservatism, you're going to have to go back to Logic 101 class and try again.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    No-one was trying to "demonise" conservatives at all. When they are demonised they do a good enough job of that by themselves. The one thing that some people have failed to notice is that the author put the word conservative in quotation marks. Apparently, that doesn't mean anything in some peoples worlds. O'Reilly is a darling of the conservative movement, for the most part. Like it or not. Guess the fact that he's in favour of disarming people, and has a huge, mostly conservative audience is secondary. Imagine.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    No-one was trying to "demonise" conservatives at all. When they are demonised they do a good enough job of that by themselves. The one thing that some people have failed to notice is that the author put the word conservative in quotation marks. Apparently, that doesn't mean anything in some peoples worlds. O'Reilly is a darling of the conservative movement, for the most part. Like it or not. Guess the fact that he's in favour of disarming people, and has a huge, mostly conservative audience is secondary. Imagine.

This means nothing. See, Adolf Hitler had a couple of good ideas, too. The Volkswagen, for one, was designed to be a car that any German man could repair with a screwdriver. That he was also a megalomaniacal, homicidal lunatic is not diminished by that fact, nor is his vehicle concept diminished by his lunacy.

Many people do watch O'Reilly. Many watch Maher, too. We can substitute any names you want, and it won't change the fact that there are some good ideas out there, and some that paint people as kooks.
    Personally, I don't listen to any of them with any kind of regularity.

Hmm. Regularity....Maybe a daily dose of political commentary from some radio/TV talking head would take the place of a daily dose of fiber.

Blessings,
    Bill

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Looks like the "conservative" darling mouth piece put his foot in it last night and came out in favour of disarming Americans. Way to go, Mr. O'Really.
    Those are your words.
    No-one was trying to "demonise" conservatives at all. See above. When they are demonised they do a good enough job of that by themselves. The one thing that some people have failed to notice is that the author put the word conservative in quotation marks. Apparently, that doesn't mean anything in some peoples worlds. O'Reilly is a darling of the conservative movement,(You can't just say this and make it true) for the most part. Like it or not. Guess the fact that he's in favour of disarming people, and has a huge, mostly conservative audience is secondary. Imagine.

Your attack and the authors is at Conservatives and not Billy boy.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I found this on wikipedia:

Political affiliation

In his books and on his radio and TV shows, O'Reilly claimed to be an independent.

I thought I heard him say he was a Libertarian on his TV show less than two weeks ago when Beck was on with him.

I could be wrong... wouldn't be the first time.

Regardless, I disagree with his opinion, but he's right in the fact that they CAN suspend our rights and also that SCOTUS can over-turn them.

Either way, I agree with the Oath Keepers.

Last edited:

50apiguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    Clark County
    bitter clinger here. I think we should all donate to the oath keepers for supporting our rights instead of buying any of billdos books, he can keep his free tote bag.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    :+1: to Mrjarrell for posting the video. ALL the TV news figureheads many times say things that people like to hear to draw in their audience; but, in between those "many times", they let slip their true message. As seen here, Fox's message is "turn over your weapons and submit to government."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    We used two mottoes in our division:

(1) Trust, but verify

and

(2) In God we trust, all else we monitor

Those have been good words to live by so far. I like Beck but can't stand O'Reilly. When I think Beck might be bringing up info that I have not heard before, I don't count on it until I can verify it with a couple of other sources. It's not that I think he might be providing false information but I like to have corroboration before I think the info is solid enough to pass on to anyone else.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Wow... nearly 6 pages of arguing over what label to call him, who is the better host... and maybe only two or three posts about the original post's supposition. :):

All I can say about the OP is O'Reilly has been wrong before and will be wrong again. Just because he has a show doesn't give him omniscience.

And on the issue of disarming lawful owners - it's wrong regardless of emergency status. Stop viewing lawful owners as the problem and start putting us to work as part of the solution and maybe your next chaotic emergency won't be quite so bad.

Oops. Forgot I was talking about New Orleans. Never mind. NOthing you can do will help that place. :):

Top Bottom