Considering a Pistol Caliber Carbine...which is best?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BMWmojo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    Zionsville
    I love my FX9. I am about to switch out the trigger so I can let you know how that works out. I have a buddy with the Banshee and while it is a very nice, quality firearm, the difference between them seems negligible at best. We both shoot similar groups and his was substantially more expensive. Just my 2 cents.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would trade more than a few of my handguns to buy a Glock carbine (if they made one, that is.)

I'd have to see one first. So many pdws take Glock mags, I'd have to see some serious advantages of an actual Glock PDW before I'd invest.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I love my FX9. I am about to switch out the trigger so I can let you know how that works out. I have a buddy with the Banshee and while it is a very nice, quality firearm, the difference between them seems negligible at best. We both shoot similar groups and his was substantially more expensive. Just my 2 cents.

Im using a rise armament in my fx9, the package said it was a 3.5 pound pull, after I installed it and put it on a gauge, it was 2.5 pounds, my only complaint is (and it’s my fault) is I wish it was s flat trigger (I couldn’t wait and bought a curved trigger)

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Probably leaning toward a CMMG Banshee in 9mm...based on many factors including the wife's liking how it 'felt' to her in her hands!
    (Interpretation: 'feels good' really means, 'this is the one'! And, seriously, if one doesn't think that telling a woman how something should 'feel',
    be it right or wrong, in her hands, won't get you maimed for life or, at best, an early death, you haven't been around a real woman!
    And, as the wife will probably be using it as much, if not more, than I will...it is definitely a factor in the considerations! :) :) :) )
    But, based on some research (online) and in speaking with a few guys who have a few of the previously mentioned AR-9mil's, everyone was positive
    about the CMMG Banshee, but all seemed to have improvement suggestions for each of the others, I think we'll be pretty happy with our choice!
    Thanks y'all! All of the feedback was greatly appreciated!

Hopefully you are enjoying your Banshee. I have one and really like it. It suppresses well-notice it is a bit gassy with higher rates of fire on an indoor range but don’t notice it when outside.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I really like my Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm. I don't like the weight but it shoots accurate enough and is reliable so far for me. I definitely want to work on a load it likes to shoot around 2" 5 shot group at 50 yards. For some reason it doesn't like what my pistols like. Darn picky if you ask me.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I absolutely love my CMMG Banshee 10mm... it's my favorite gun to shoot right now. In fact, it inspired me to get another PCC in 9mm and I ended up choosing the Foxtrot Mike 5" (exclusive to Primary Arms). I couldn't spend $1500-1600 on another Banshee and although the FX9 looks decent, the Foxtrot Mike has the SBA3 brace (which I have on all of my AR-style pistols) at roughly the same price as the FX9. I don't have it yet, but I figure if it's even close to the Banshee and saves me $900, it's probably a good deal!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I absolutely love my CMMG Banshee 10mm... it's my favorite gun to shoot right now. In fact, it inspired me to get another PCC in 9mm and I ended up choosing the Foxtrot Mike 5" (exclusive to Primary Arms). I couldn't spend $1500-1600 on another Banshee and although the FX9 looks decent, the Foxtrot Mike has the SBA3 brace (which I have on all of my AR-style pistols) at roughly the same price as the FX9. I don't have it yet, but I figure if it's even close to the Banshee and saves me $900, it's probably a good deal!

Interested to hear a first impression and a range report on the Foxtrot Mike. They caught my eye when I was evaluating pdws myself.

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    Just picked up a new FX9 8" from a gunbroker auction. Can't wait to shoot it. Really feels good in the hands.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    I've said this before on other threads. I don't see how any pistol caliber carbine could be any better that the Beretta CX4. I have one in 9mm. Never had a malfunction and it is stupidly accurate. I have a red dot sight on it and i look like a professional shooter every time i take it to the range.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Interested to hear a first impression and a range report on the Foxtrot Mike. They caught my eye when I was evaluating pdws myself.

I’ll definitely give an update when I get it! Of course, it’ll probably take a week to ship, a week to get here, then another week after the ATF puts me on a delay, so it may be a little while! :ugh:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I really like my Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm. I don't like the weight but it shoots accurate enough and is reliable so far for me. I definitely want to work on a load it likes to shoot around 2" 5 shot group at 50 yards. For some reason it doesn't like what my pistols like. Darn picky if you ask me.

I should try my load out at 50. If it gives me what you're looking for maybe I'll share my secret recipe.

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Im using a rise armament in my fx9, the package said it was a 3.5 pound pull, after I installed it and put it on a gauge, it was 2.5 pounds, my only complaint is (and it’s my fault) is I wish it was s flat trigger (I couldn’t wait and bought a curved trigger)

I have a flat timney in mine and love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I should try my load out at 50. If it gives me what you're looking for maybe I'll share my secret recipe.

Going to start with slow and low powder loads, and work my way up. I've got 2 types of 124gr bullets and 2 types 147gr and 3 different powders to play with. If i can't find one with all that i guess its not going to be any better than it is.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’ll definitely give an update when I get it! Of course, it’ll probably take a week to ship, a week to get here, then another week after the ATF puts me on a delay, so it may be a little while! :ugh:

So far, I'm spot on! Even showing "in stock" when I bought it, Primary Arms just shipped my FM9 today. The FFL I use is pretty efficient, so if they receive it on Wednesday of next week, I'll probably get the call to fill out my forms on Thursday. I know that a month ago or so, they were saying that about 80% of buyers were getting put on a delay... has anyone that's bought a gun or lower within the last couple of weeks noticed that it's getting better?

Top Bottom