• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Did you all get hit with those storms…???
    No thankfully we were not hit this time, very grateful for that. There was a subdivision in Wilson County that had over 80 homes hit, power down etc.

Hope my response did not come across as rude. You and yours continue to be in our prayers and I hope you are doing well.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh n
    No thankfully we were not hit this time, very grateful for that. There was a subdivision in Wilson County that had over 80 homes hit, power down etc.

Hope my response did not come across as rude. You and yours continue to be in our prayers and I hope you are doing well.
    No not at all but it did raise concerns from remembering what you folks went through the last time.

Your response was towards our recently shootered new guy.

All good.

wahlspyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    Well, more information would be helpful to answer the question. 7.62 is just the bullet diameter and does not tell any of us what cartridge you are referring to. 7.62 x 51? 7.62 x 54R? 7.62 x 39? All are very different cartridges and would bring a different answer to the table. 308 and 7.62 x 51, as someone already stated, are very similar in performance, while either of the other two cartridges I mentioned would offer a very different answer.

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    Wow… I wonder how some people make it in life. I know a few that feel they are owed everything and expect everyone to jump at THEIR needs.
    Exactly…sure there is a wealth of knowledge from excellent people on here, but he could have gotten his answer w/a Google search FASTER and about 100,000 links in the blink of an eye.
    Maybe he doesn’t have “in the blink of an eye” time on his hands :stickpoke:

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Internet forums in a nutshell:
    Endless information available at your fingertips, 24/7.
    Instead of using a search engine, guy posts a question that would result in finding 17 bajillion google results where the question has already been asked and answer in great detail. Then, instead of using the two and a half hours to do his own research, posts again because he’s pissed off that no one has responded to his satisfaction.
    The level level of entitlement is staggering.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Internet forums in a nutshell:
    Endless information available at your fingertips, 24/7.
    Instead of using a search engine, guy posts a question that would result in finding 17 bajillion google results where the question has already been asked and answer in great detail. Then, instead of using the two and a half hours to do his own research, posts again because he’s pissed off that no one has responded to his satisfaction.
    The level level of entitlement is staggering.

Maybe he could send you a PM and you could google for him.... kind of like ChaCha search engine!

Oh wait... he can't PM.

ivers4272

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Vincennes
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think the biggest difference is that there are several different types of rounds that come in 308. 7.62x51 comes in full metal jacket. I might be wrong though.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So unless I am mistaken OP was going to drop 7K on a rifle and didn't know the difference between 308 WIN and 7.62x51 that sounds sketchy at best. Something something fools and their money I guess.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    So unless I am mistaken OP was going to drop 7K on a rifle and didn't know the difference between 308 WIN and 7.62x51 that sounds sketchy at best. Something something fools and their money I guess.
    Nah. Story is ********. He hit the pipe a little hard watching YouTube videos and came here to flex his internet muscles.
    Same type that is always down on their luck, but has some grandiose plans that never happen.
    Or they're 15.

Top Bottom