• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Any one know anything about this 3rd bill to make it possible for repeat alcohol offenders to get a LTCH? Surely there's some kind of condition involved, like a clean record for previous 5 years?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hey, speaker: I thought that the RFRA statutes as originally passed were just fine as they were, too. But you let a vocal minority of bullies force you to change them. So, how about listening to a far larger plurality of your constituents regarding the unconstitutional criminalization of carrying handguns?

I like the cut of your jib, sir.

56436094.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    According to this story Indiana lawmakers file bills to make guns easier to buy, carry | Fox 59
    Lucas also introduced a bill to give a $100 tax credit for a gun safety course.

I've always said that if there were really such a thing as a succesful "gun lobby" we'd have the government funding our guns and training. Woot!

It really does seem like a much smarter idea than required training. Moms Demand Action should be in favor of this incentive for safety, right?

I'll ring up Shannon and ask.....

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    My concerns include but are not limited to the fact that they are repealing the law requiring a LTCH, but are instituting a Firearms Reciprocity License, which we would have to pay to obtain if we wished to carry in other states. The cost of the FRL would be $40 for the Lifetime, if one already has a LTCH. I would favor the LTCH remaining the form issued by the state, since that's what everyone has, and just remove the requirement to be issued one.

Yeah, this is my hangup too. If you are going to make it free to carry, no license required, why should I have to pay the state (again) to prove to other states that I can carry? I've paid my money once, I really don't want to pay again. Just slip it in that anyone with a current license (either limited or lifetime) is proof of the right to carry for safe of reciprocity with other states.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yeah, this is my hangup too. If you are going to make it free to carry, no license required, why should I have to pay the state (again) to prove to other states that I can carry? I've paid my money once, I really don't want to pay again. Just slip it in that anyone with a current license (either limited or lifetime) is proof of the right to carry for safe of reciprocity with other states.

I agree with you in principal, but this is a move forward for our state if it passes. I'll pay me "mother may I" fee to help gun rights move forward.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Any existing lifetime licenses would automatically become the new "reciprocity" license. if the law gets passed as written,our current license (shall issue, no training requirement, lifetime) would merely become optional, for reciprocity purposes, but not be mandatory for in state, lawful carry.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I heard the statement of 'I think we have a good framework of gun laws now' attributed to Mike Pence this morning.

After last years butt hurt I suspect they want a quiet year in the general assy before the election and as Pence is outrunning Gregg in fundraising, he doesn't need his base fired up.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah, I think the republicans want to keep their hands clean. It's up to us to hold their feet to the fire. Whether they can keep their hands clean in the process is their problem. Their careers are of no concern to me. They were elected to faithfully uphold the constitution. If they fail, then they are useless.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Any existing lifetime licenses would automatically become the new "reciprocity" license. if the law gets passed as written,our current license (shall issue, no training requirement, lifetime) would merely become optional, for reciprocity purposes, but not be mandatory for in state, lawful carry.

If this is true, then I have zero issue with the bill. I think any extra burden on anyone who's already licensed should be out of bounds.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yeah, I think the republicans want to keep their hands clean. It's up to us to hold their feet to the fire. Whether they can keep their hands clean in the process is their problem. Their careers are of no concern to me. They were elected to faithfully uphold the constitution. If they fail, then they are useless.

But it they are gearing Up to take on the lgbt crowd again

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Who do I call, email, snail-mail to do my part? Also are there any prefab template letters floating around.

not yet; but soon (see my sig org). The primary person to hit up for a "push" would be Rep. T.Dermody (h20@iga.in.gov) and ask him to give this, HB1056 and HB1055 - a hearing ...
    You could always CC or send a similar "Please Support" / "here's why" to the speaker of the house (h88@ .... ) or call or do both ... get your friend and family ... not just the ones on here to call / write in support.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sounds like the same crap stance he took in the previous session.

Hey, speaker: I thought that the RFRA statutes as originally passed were just fine as they were, too. But you let a vocal minority of bullies force you to change them. So, how about listening to a far larger plurality of your constituents regarding the unconstitutional criminalization of carrying handguns?

That presupposes that setting the stage for RFRA 2.0 was not the original plan behind the original RFRA. The state GOP's owners are very pro-homosexual contrary to those who vote for them, so they needed both to follow orders and to convince the base that they didn't have a choice.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

This, indeed. Sounds like the originator of the bill just wants another revenue stream for the state. I already paid once for a lifetime license. Why should I have to do it again? That's BS.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Here is what I just emailed Senator Luke Kenley:

Senator Kenley,

I am writing to express my support of HB 1056 which, in my understanding, would allow citizens to carry a handgun without a license. I believe this is an important step in preserving our freedom as well as ensuring our laws are constitutional.

The second amendment should be the primary law in regards to law abiding citizens bearing arms. I believe HB 1056 helps us get closer to that being reality again.

I would appreciate it if you would support this bill. There should not be state imposed financial barriers for any law abiding citizen to practice their rights. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom