• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Hey I think it's great. But it was certainly atypical and unusual when you looked at what other states were doing. Like I mentioned above, we had a better permit system in that regard
    There are other states that don't have a distinction.

Just because other states are restrictive shouldn't make it weird when a state chooses freedom to decide for yourself.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Is there a defined list of items that make you prohibited? Or is this up to the whim of somebody?
    35-47-2-1.5
    (1) A person convicted of a federal or state offense punishable by a term of imprisonment exceeding one (1) year.

(2) A fugitive from justice.

(3) An alien.

(4) A person convicted of:

(A) a crime of domestic violence (IC 35-31.5-2-78);

(B) domestic battery (IC 35-42-2-1.3); or

(C) criminal stalking (IC 35-45-10-5).

(5) A person restrained by an order of protection issued under IC 34-26-5.

(6) A person under indictment.

(7) A person who has been:

(A) adjudicated dangerous under IC 35-47-14-6;

(B) adjudicated a mental defective; or

(C) committed to a mental institution.

(8) A person dishonorably discharged from:

(A) military service; or

(B) the National Guard.

(9) A person who renounces the person's United States citizenship in the manner described in 8 U.S.C. 1481.

(10) A person who is less than:

(A) eighteen (18) years of age; or

(B) twenty-three (23) years of age and has an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act described by IC 35-47-4-5;

unless authorized under IC 35-47-10.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There are a lot of different gun laws out there from State to State. There were a lot of States that had Constitutional Open Carry, but required a permit for concealed carry (Kentucky was one prior to adopting ConC.)

Good news is after 1 Jan 2023 we'll be able to drive from Indy to the Florida line without a handgun license.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    There are a lot of different gun laws out there from State to State. There were a lot of States that had Constitutional Open Carry, but required a permit for concealed carry (Kentucky was one prior to adopting ConC.)

Good news is after 1 Jan 2023 we'll be able to drive from Indy to the Florida line without a handgun license.
    Where have we had to pass through that we weren`t covered by a reciprocity agreement? We`ve had reciprocity with states from here to Florida for some time.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    35-47-2-1.5
    (1) A person convicted of a federal or state offense punishable by a term of imprisonment exceeding one (1) year.

(2) A fugitive from justice.

(3) An alien.

(4) A person convicted of:

(A) a crime of domestic violence (IC 35-31.5-2-78);

(B) domestic battery (IC 35-42-2-1.3); or

(C) criminal stalking (IC 35-45-10-5).

(5) A person restrained by an order of protection issued under IC 34-26-5.

(6) A person under indictment.

(7) A person who has been:

(A) adjudicated dangerous under IC 35-47-14-6;

(B) adjudicated a mental defective; or

(C) committed to a mental institution.

(8) A person dishonorably discharged from:

(A) military service; or

(B) the National Guard.

(9) A person who renounces the person's United States citizenship in the manner described in 8 U.S.C. 1481.

(10) A person who is less than:

(A) eighteen (18) years of age; or

(B) twenty-three (23) years of age and has an adjudication as a delinquent child for an act described by IC 35-47-4-5;

unless authorized under IC 35-47-10.
    Re: #1 above- point of clarification. Note it says "punishable by a term of imprisonment exceeding one (1) year." This means that the actual sentence is irrelevant. The sentence could have had no jail time, but if the crime committed, under the applicable statute, could have been punished by a sentence of over 1 year, you are not a "proper person".

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Where have we had to pass through that we weren`t covered by a reciprocity agreement? We`ve had reciprocity with states from here to Florida for some time.

OK, so I thought the CC law allowed non-LTCH holder, proper-persons, to possess loaded handgun in car. The site you list above is fairly current in that it shows Indiana's CC status, yet says you need LTCH to carry loaded in a car.

Am I missing something obvious, or am I just being denser than usual? From the site:

CARRY IN VEHICLE?​

Can you carry a concealed handgun in a vehicle in Indiana?

Yes, with a valid concealed carry license. Without a license, handguns must be unloaded, not readily accessible and secured in a case.
    [Ind. Code § 35.47.2.1]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, so I thought the CC law allowed non-LTCH holder, proper-persons, to possess loaded handgun in car. The site you list above is fairly current in that it shows Indiana's CC status, yet says you need LTCH to carry loaded in a car.

Am I missing something obvious, or am I just being denser than usual?

Sounds like that 3rd party site is behind the curve. Its only been 26 days since the change. They just havent updated it yet.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So Indiana recently passed and (now) enacted a law stating an Indiana resident can carry w/o a "pink card".
    Can the piece be concealed? Must it be "open carried" Rifle? Pistol? Shotgun? Thanks in advance.
    Not dragging OP, but I really wonder why Indiana's carry laws were and are still so misunderstood? Indiana's permit is "License to Carry Handgun" (LTCH), with nothing in the statutes or in the license requirements specifying manner of carry. When I lived in Ohio, the permit was "Concealed Handgun License" (or maybe "Concealed Weapon License"? - and it's changed again since then). When I lived in Missouri, the permit was "Concealed Carry Permit". (I think. It's been many years, in both cases.)

Maybe it's because of the casual/improper use of the term "open carry" to mean either "opposite of concealed carry" or "permitless carry" (which are not interchangeable, but used in this way, confuses the concepts as being interchangeable)?

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    Not dragging OP, but I really wonder why Indiana's carry laws were and are still so misunderstood? Indiana's permit is "License to Carry Handgun" (LTCH), with nothing in the statutes or in the license requirements specifying manner of carry. When I lived in Ohio, the permit was "Concealed Handgun License" (or maybe "Concealed Weapon License"? - and it's changed again since then). When I lived in Missouri, the permit was "Concealed Carry Permit". (I think. It's been many years, in both cases.)

Maybe it's because of the casual/improper use of the term "open carry" to mean either "opposite of concealed carry" or "permitless carry" (which are not interchangeable, but used in this way, confuses the concepts as being interchangeable)?
    Same reason magazines are thought to be clips. Education.

Top Bottom