• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Good for him, if they fire him for that then he doesn't need to work there.

Hard telling if the robber would have stabbed him after he handed over the register just because he was there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Well, he's still alive.

Happily so, that is the main thing. The fact that he also saved his employer some monetary loss, I suppose that doesn't matter. Where's the gratitude?? The employer should be ashamed. I though Vermont was supposedly more gun friendly than this.

Good for him, if they fire him for that then he doesn't need to work there.

Hard telling if the robber would have stabbed him after he handed over the register just because he was there.

I would bet there are plenty of other folks who would be more than happy to have an employee like this on their crew. I wish I could shake his hand.

deltaecho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You regrettably find a lot of this thing, especially in corporate chains of any kind of business. Some grocery stores and other retailers will, for example, train their employees to simply report shoplifting and never attempt to stop it. As I understand it, they're worried about being sued (!!!) for the employee's action. Strange.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Policies like this are born from our litigious society. The businesses and other entities that ban guns and otherwise expect their employees to lay down and roll over for armed criminals are simply protecting their own hides from lawsuits. It's far cheaper for them to claim a small loss on their taxes than to pay out a lawsuit to a customer who was hit by a round fired by an employee. They care nothing for the people they employ. Until that changes, we will continue to see employees fired for protecting themselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd be giving that guy a reward. But anymore, policies are there to be enforced -- exceptions and mitigating circumstances be damned.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I worked a lot of nights at the convenience store I worked at when I lived in Ft Wayne. This was in the late 1980's and never had any trouble but if I were to do that kind of work now you can bet your **s I would be carrying.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    I think everyone with visites that place should just stop spending there hard earned money there in support of that fellow... God bless him and good job. Its just to bad the the robber didn't give him a reason to kill him, then there would be just one less robber out there...

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I think everyone with visites that place should just stop spending there hard earned money there in support of that fellow... God bless him and good job. Its just to bad the the robber didn't give him a reason to kill him, then there would be just one less robber out there...

He did. At least in Indiana.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The Lady that lives a few doors down was fired from Speedway right after getting robbed at gunpoint. They put these women in these stores (that get robbed once a month around here, 2 clerks have been killed) at night alone, pay them next to nothing and when they get robbed they can't fire them quick enuff. If they get shot oh well we will just put another person in that same position and tell them they can not defend their life !!! I know just go work somewhere else and all that good stuff, but lets face it some of the clerks have limited education and or other reasons they work these jobs. They should have the right to defend themselves period in my opinion !!

Top Bottom