Convenience store robbery, Merrillville. Clerk shot dead.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stewballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    It just proves your not safe anywhere and if you carry it is there when you need it.

Hope they catch them and they have hard justice brought against them.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Sad times to hear. Grew up in that area in the 70s. Actually nice homes all around, but has done the change and is victim to gangs and others who prey on people.
    Bottom line: Get your LTCH, some training, practice, and stay alert. It can happen anywhere.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    From some of the posts, and the bars on the door and windows of this store, showen in the news report, it must be in a very bad area.

Why was a single Clerk working in the store? The owners of this store should have given up some profit to have more that one Clerk and had an armed security person in the store.

Our prayers go out to her family.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    LOL.. sorry. I didnt mean to pee on anyones paranoid cheerios.

I am just saying... "I am glad I carry because someone just got shot over in Afganistan" just doesnt make a ton of sense.

And yes, jewelry stores, and mini-marts are the Afganistan of crime. Robberys are rule not the exception.

Carry your guns, but the story of the flat tire is a WHOLE lot more relevent.

Home invasions, muggings, flat tire holdups, these are the things that affect those of us NOT in well known dangerous jobs.

Oh your vehicles don't require gasoline or diesel. You must be flying in a spaceship!

Some of us still have to drive gasoline powered vehicles so even though we don't work in one we still have to go in them from time to time.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Oh your vehicles don't require gasoline or diesel. You must be flying in a spaceship!

Some of us still have to drive gasoline powered vehicles so even though we don't work in one we still have to go in them from time to time.

Good point. It has been so long since I have gone inside one of those places, I almost forgot everyone doesnt pay at the pump.

You are right. :yesway:

justcallmedoc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Central Indiana
    Another sad story caused by a punk with a gun and no regard for life what so ever.. I hope and pray they catch this *** and give him the same thing, his life for hers..

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This can't be! Kroger mgmt. told me to just comply and no one gets hurt. If you're passive then the bad guy will never shoot.

Merrillville Chief of Detectives Jim Lilley said Simpson-Beaver had complied with the robber’s demands, but he killed her anyway, shooting her twice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Heard about this this morning, Hezberg diamonds (sp) was robbed last week one day too.

The jewelry store is not even a mile from me and the convenience store is just a about 2-3 miles away from me. Gotta love it.....

What's there to love about it? It's tragic and a cowardly action...her son is coming home from Afghanistan to bury her. Justice would be served in letting him take out the scab with his bare hands.

Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Saying you gotta lover the scum every where around use silly, not the death of an innocent person........

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    The whole area is a real hole...getting the trash scum blowing in the wind out of Chicago into this area. It only perpetuates the problem in north Lake and Porter counties...

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I wonder how many of those witnesses were the ones saying that "it's just a robbery. Robberies never turn into murders. I'm not acting until they actually shoot somebody. I'm just going to be a good witness."?

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    LOL.. sorry. I didnt mean to pee on anyones paranoid cheerios.

I am just saying... "I am glad I carry because someone just got shot over in Afganistan" just doesnt make a ton of sense.

And yes, jewelry stores, and mini-marts are the Afganistan of crime. Robberys are rule not the exception.

Carry your guns, but the story of the flat tire is a WHOLE lot more relevent.

Home invasions, muggings, flat tire holdups, these are the things that affect those of us NOT in well known dangerous jobs.

I don't think you peed in anyone's cheerios. Your statement was false, the people that replied to it pointed that out. Bit of a difference.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The newspaper is reporting this morning that the victim was shot after she turned the money over... the thug shot, and then walked behind the counter to take another, close range shot. There was a shopper in the store but he took off running when he saw the gun.

Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    The newspaper is reporting this morning that the victim was shot after she turned the money over... the thug shot, and then walked behind the counter to take another, close range shot. There was a shopper in the store but he took off running when he saw the gun.

Jesus......It never makes sense why kill them if you have what you want. He prolly had a ski mask on or something to conceal his identity too and they more than likely wouldn't have been able to ID him but he still had to kill the witness.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    This robbery has been reported as occurring at 1 p.m. (early afternoon).
    That timing is a bit early in the day. No matter what time, it stinks!

Top Bottom