Cops Raid IUSB class for report of handgun!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Wow. Speaking of stereotypes. You call the police wanting to talk to you a "raid" and express surprise they were "cool about it." I guess that's the affect of the Internet echo chamber, and you just expect them to be jackwagons and thugs, eh?

I don't know what IUSB is, but when I went to college they had a campus police dept. Since they worked for the university they could also enforce the university's rules, issue trespass orders, etc. If that's the same situation as there they could trespass you and recommend you for expulsion/suspension or whatever.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Wow. Speaking of stereotypes. You call the police wanting to talk to you a "raid" and express surprise they were "cool about it." I guess that's the affect of the Internet echo chamber, and you just expect them to be jackwagons and thugs, eh?

I don't know what IUSB is, but when I went to college they had a campus police dept. Since they worked for the university they could also enforce the university's rules, issue trespass orders, etc. If that's the same situation as there they could trespass you and recommend you for expulsion/suspension or whatever.
    Campus PDs are agents of the University and as such they are empowered to enforce University policy therefore they could ask anyone to leave the property and if they did not comply they would be subject to a trespass order.

Regular PD could not just come in and enforce any policy unless it specifically involved a policy violation that led to someone being trespassed.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    The word raid was used for an attention getter lol prolly should of said police check iusb student for handgun but would you all of been as excited to read what I had to say otherwise?
    :-)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't think they could even do that, the only thing that keeps students and employees from carrying is the threat of the policy. If you are none of those then you can carry on campus it's not illegal, nor is it private property (in this case). I'm thinking the best they could do is "tell on him" if he was carrying. At least they acted like they new it was a waste of time for them to be there and weren't all "tactical". OP handled it well I would be afraid my snide snarky side may have had something to say to the losers coming back to class but it could have just been a coincidence.

As a former college PD officer, yup, pretty much. The LEO's would do a report and forward it to the dean of students or administration (if it is an employee) and they would decide what to do with them.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Thank You

The word raid was used for an attention getter lol prolly should of said police check iusb student for handgun but would you all of been as excited to read what I had to say otherwise?

Of course, this puts you in the same class with the mainstream media, having limited credibility!

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I'm glad it worked out well for you. All the police around here take everything way too serious, and all want to be the next "hero." Everyone in town all agree it seems like.

If you lived here, a true "raid" would have definitely went down.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    if you support gun rights then why do you walk around with an empty holster?

Since the Virginia Tech Shooting, empty holsters have been a sign of protest by gun owners.
    People in college think of gun owners as "someone else" or " some kook".

this says, "see, you know me, I'm normal, yet I also carry"
    And yes, some of the the wimpy kids raised today get scared.

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio

I didn't expect them to be jackwagons or thugs I was just surprised how quick I was in and out. They didn't even ask to check my bag which i left in the classroom but still. The whole process took less than a min from leaving the room to reentering it. They just looked and left.

I dono about you but I've had several bad experiences with police officers giving me crap for just carrying around my house in North liberty. Not that I was expecting them to maul me but from past experiences I expected more.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Since the Virginia Tech Shooting, empty holsters have been a sign of protest by gun owners.
    People in college think of gun owners as "someone else" or " some kook".

this says, "see, you know me, I'm normal, yet I also carry"
    And yes, some of the the wimpy kids raised today get scared.

am i the only one that thinks that is silly? i see no point besides it letting people know that you carry, seriously walking around with an empty holster? im sure some people see it and think maybe you are just showing off of even see if negatively as trying to show off.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    am i the only one that thinks that is silly? i see no point besides it letting people know that you carry, seriously walking around with an empty holster? im sure some people see it and think maybe you are just showing off of even see if negatively as trying to show off.

It may be silly, but is it any more silly than being safe to carry in Indiana, but not at college?

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012

Journalism major? If not you should probably consider switching. Overstating issues to draw readers/viewers is big business.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN

Looks more and more like a OC'er being an attention seeker. Actually I'm disapointed in the post altogether.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I had on an empty holster that day as well. I was questioned by a few classmates wondering if it was me that the police were called on. I took the opportunity to train about 20 people about what is legal, what is illegal, OC/CC, and LTCH info.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

You're probably not the only one...

Of course, some people might have though Rosa Parks was silly.

(insert purple where you need)

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    Journalism major? If not you should probably consider switching. Overstating issues to draw readers/viewers is big business.

I already admitted I used a poor choice of words in the topic I attempted to change it but It wouldn't let me.

I don't think the OP was an attention seeker, he stated he usually covers it with his shirt. What are you disappointed about?

I'm not an attention seeker. The only reason they knew I had it was because it managed to peak out from under my shirt I guess because I did have it covered during the class.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN

No, you're not the only one, it is silly, or really, kind of ignorant.

Top Bottom