Cops Raid IUSB class for report of handgun!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    As a former college PD officer, yup, pretty much. The LEO's would do a report and forward it to the dean of students or administration (if it is an employee) and they would decide what to do with them.

They would have to have some kind of hearing;, they couldn't just "decide" what to do with them without violating the student's constitutional rights.

Robgoody6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    Greensburg
    I didn't expect them to be jackwagons or thugs I was just surprised how quick I was in and out. They didn't even ask to check my bag which i left in the classroom but still. The whole process took less than a min from leaving the room to reentering it. They just looked and left.

I dono about you but I've had several bad experiences with police officers giving me crap for just carrying around my house in North liberty. Not that I was expecting them to maul me but from past experiences I expected more.

You were surprised at their professionalism and quickness=the ones that called were probably disappointed and mad because that was all that had happened to you. Two sides of an issue someone usually disappointed (MAD) with the outcome

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    IC 35-31.5-2-285
    "School property"
    **** Sec. 285. "School property" means the following:
    ********(1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    ************(A) a school corporation;
    ************(B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC*12-17.2 or IC*31-27;
    ************(C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    ************(D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    ****************(i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    ****************(ii) A special education preschool program.
    ****************(iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    ********(2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).
    As added by P.L.114-2012, SEC.67.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thanks for the cite!

Now to figure out if IU is considered:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC*12-17.2 or IC*31-27;

Not even close.

(A) is for grades K-12 (defined elsewhere in the IC)
    (B) is for daycare

While many might consider college to be daycare for young adults, it is not. :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Students for Concealed Carry

They usually have a few days a year where they encourage ppl nation wide to carry open holster on campus.

If you do it on the IUSB campus, you'll probably be 1 of 5 (and that is during the busiest times for classes Monday-Thursday, don't know how campus looks on Fridays this semester). The "rep" for the Students for Concealed Carry is no longer active and told me it was because there was very little interest (even though I've spoken to many people that love shooting and overheard education students talking about getting their LTCH). But I guess if you're not very active, there won't be much interest.

As for as the daycare/preschool, there is one (for students, staff, and the community) in the Admin building. It has a preschool program as well as a toddler program. It is a licensed daycare center.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I dono about you but I've had several bad experiences with police officers giving me crap for just carrying around my house in North liberty. Not that I was expecting them to maul me but from past experiences I expected more.
    Okay, why has no one yet cried out a "WTF" over this. Who are these JBTs who take umbrage at someone carrying a firearm openly in their own goddamned home?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Okay, why has no one yet cried out a "WTF" over this. Who are these JBTs who take umbrage at someone carrying a firearm openly in their own goddamned home?

But we've got to think of the children!!!! This is a big reason I want to have some fairly remote property. I'm tired of people putting their noses where they don't belong. If I could afford it, I'd have a couple hundred acres of fairly heavily wooded property so I wouldn't have to see my neighbors if I didn't want to.

Top Bottom