• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What's official word of coronavirus transmitting via packages from China? I have 20 packages or so coming from china still...

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What's official word of coronavirus transmitting via packages from China? I have 20 packages or so coming from china still...
    Research just back from Germany and China this wake shows the virus "can" survive on surfaces for a few days, even at 98F for 2-3 days. It survives better on smooth surfaces like plastic and metal than on fabric and paper.

However, saying it can survive isn't the same as saying there is enough there to be infective nor that there is any documentation of anyone being infected that way. It's probably a bigger concern that someone handling the packages right before delivery breathed on it than that the package came from China.

If you want to be really cautious. set the packages aside for a few days. Or open the box, wash your hands, then reach in and take the contents out. Dispose of the box then wash your hands again before handling the contents inside. Those measures should be more than adequate.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=&quot] organizers of events of fewer than 250 people must ensure that:[/FONT]

• Older adults and individuals with underlying medical conditions that are at increased risk of serious COVID-19 are encouraged not to attend (including employees);
    • Social distancing recommendations must be met (i.e., limit contact of people within 6 feet from each other for 10 minutes or longer);
    • Employees must be screened for coronavirus symptoms each day and excluded if symptomatic;
    • Proper hand hygiene and sanitation must be readily available to all attendees and employees; and
    • Environmental cleaning guidelines from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are followed (e.g., clean and disinfect high touch surfaces daily or more frequently).
    Events with more than 250 are now illegal. Welcome to our new reality.More at the source. Washington States response.
    https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/news/2020/March/11-covid-19-updates.aspx

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Haven't stocked up on TP and sanitizer, but still want to clean up on Covid-19? Well, there are now two investigational studies to test possible vaccines that you can register for. You'll get infected, get a shot and then they'll observe to see what happens. No guarantee it'll cure the disease, but you might grow a third eye, so look on the bright side...

FluCamp
    Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Haven't stocked up on TP and sanitizer, but still want to clean up on Covid-19? Well, there are now two investigational studies to test possible vaccines that you can register for. You'll get infected, get a shot and then they'll observe to see what happens. No guarantee it'll cure the disease, but you might grow a third eye, so look on the bright side...

FluCamp
    Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute

Give it to the old.
    if he dies, he dies!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks like it was flagged
    Quit hating. It's a good time to make lots of $$$
    psssst...over here.

Look at this beauty.....Mint condition 3M N95. New in a ziplock bag. It can be yours today for 50 dollars?

No?

How about some of these, some real nice purple gloves. 10 per Pair...thats right per pair I am almost giving them away.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The attending physician of the US Congress and Supreme Court, Dr. Brian Monahan, briefed Senate staff Tuesday in a closed-door meeting that he expects anywhere from 70M up to 150M people in the US to contract coronavirus, two sources tell ABC.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...00-spread-n1155241/ncrd1155736#liveBlogHeader

and we told you no gatherings larger than 1000...breaks out pepper rounds sprays college kids partying.(Ohio)
    https://www.10tv.com/article/police...ying-after-university-closes-over-coronavirus

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The attending physician of the US Congress and Supreme Court, Dr. Brian Monahan, briefed Senate staff Tuesday in a closed-door meeting that he expects anywhere from 70M up to 150M people in the US to contract coronavirus, two sources tell ABC.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...00-spread-n1155241/ncrd1155736#liveBlogHeader

and we told you no gatherings larger than 1000...breaks out pepper rounds sprays college kids partying.(Ohio)
    https://www.10tv.com/article/police...ying-after-university-closes-over-coronavirus

Why China outbreak may be controlled now and ours won’t be nearly as quickly/easily. They’re an obedient people, we are free.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Why China outbreak may be controlled now and ours won’t be nearly as quickly/easily. They’re an obedient people, we are free.

No hoops for you.
    The NBA’s Board of Governors shared a consensus on Wednesday to continue the season playing games without fans in arenas amid the coronavirus crisis, and Commissioner Adam Silver is expected to move in that direction with a decision on Thursday.(ESPN)

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought it more polite than calling you a fear mongering nut.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Good luck living in your disillusion.

What have you done in the last 3 years of your life?

Me personally. I have visited 22 states,13 national parks,two foreign countries,and hiked 2192 miles.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Research just back from Germany and China this wake shows the virus "can" survive on surfaces for a few days, even at 98F for 2-3 days. It survives better on smooth surfaces like plastic and metal than on fabric and paper.

However, saying it can survive isn't the same as saying there is enough there to be infective nor that there is any documentation of anyone being infected that way. It's probably a bigger concern that someone handling the packages right before delivery breathed on it than that the package came from China.

If you want to be really cautious. set the packages aside for a few days. Or open the box, wash your hands, then reach in and take the contents out. Dispose of the box then wash your hands again before handling the contents inside. Those measures should be more than adequate.

I have the 10 or 12 boxes of stuff next to my desk as we speak, but we normally use a lot of hand sanitizer here at the Drake household...I'll be sure to practice better handling when the other 20 or so packages shows up...assuming they show up. Kinda surprised they are even allowing packages from china to be delivered...that's not to say they still couldn't do that though.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Good luck living in your disillusion.

What have you done in the last 3 years of your life?

Me personally. I have visited 22 states,13 national parks,two foreign countries,and hiked 2192 miles.

Sounds like a fancy way to say that you are homeless and don't own a vehicle. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom