• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I thought it just sounded like sugar coated lies. He didn't really own up to anything.

I thought he did, but I'm sure some would agree with you. He said something about "things went really bad" and I deduced that was the AWOL part. If that is accurate on my part, he went on to say he didn't think that was anybody's business.

Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    I thought records received through the FOIA was deducted for the purpose of protecting some forms of personal information?

I never had to retrieve anything through a FOIA inquiry. I'd assume it would still show a full name, dates of events, and some type of chronological timeline. Just as long as an address and social security number of the individual being queued isn't released I think that's how it goes.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Why would anyone post someone's personally identifiable information on the internet without redacting the stuff that makes it personally identifiable?

Freedom Of Information Act. It's public record.

Like Corvert8645 said.. it's public info that most anyone can request..

I thought he did, but I'm sure some would agree with you. He said something about "things went really bad" and I deduced that was the AWOL part. If that is accurate on my part, he went on to say he didn't think that was anybody's business.

Que... That's kind of what I got out of it too, although I think he just should have said " I was pissed and went AOWL, got picked up my the local police and transfered to Ft. Campbell, KY.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I never had to retrieve anything through a FOIA inquiry. I'd assume it would still show a full name, dates of events, and some type of chronological timeline. Just as long as an address and social security number of the individual being queued isn't released I think that's how it goes.

Name and DOB, especially with location are enough to personally identify an individual.

Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    Name and DOB, especially with location are enough to personally identify an individual.

And how's that any different than Cory putting up his first and last name, telephone number, email address, twitter account, facebook account, INGO account, youtube account, and an address to his range?

The only difference between the things Cory posted, and the things the FOIA documents show, is that the FOIA documents didn't lie. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Like Corvert8645 said.. it's public info that most anyone can request..

Que... That's kind of what I got out of it too, although I think he just should have said " I was pissed and went AOWL, got picked up my the local police and transfered to Ft. Campbell, KY.

Probably still a sore spot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And how's that any different than Cory putting up his first and last name, telephone number, email address, twitter account, facebook account, INGO account, youtube account, and an address to his range?

The only difference between the things Cory posted, and the things the FOIA documents show, is that the FOIA documents didn't lie. ;)

With that information, full name and DOB, one can do some damage. Not as easy as having his SSN. But usable. I think people who post their personal information on the internet are crazy or naive. All it takes is someone posting more information to help complete the puzzle like posting a document with his DOB. The more of your information a person has, the easier it is to scam you or someone else in your name. I'm not sure if INGO has a policy about revealing other people's personal information, but it should.

Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    With that information, full name and DOB, one can do some damage. Not as easy as having his SSN. But usable. I think people who post their personal information on the internet are crazy or naive. All it takes is someone posting more information to help complete the puzzle like posting a document with his DOB. The more of your information a person has, the easier it is to scam you or someone else in your name. I'm not sure if INGO has a policy about revealing other people's personal information, but it should.

FOIA and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF)

The public has access to certain military service information without the veteran's authorization or that of the next-of-kin (the un-remarried widow or widower, son, daughter, father, mother, brother or sister) of deceased veterans. Examples of information which may be available from Federal (non-archival) Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) without an unwarranted invasion of privacy include:

• Name
    • Service Number
    • Dates of Service
    • Branch of Service
    • Final Duty Status
    • Final Rank
    • Salary *
    • Assignments and Geographical Locations
    • Source of Commission *
    • Military Education Level
    • Promotion Sequence Number *
    • Awards and decorations (eligibility only, not actual medals)
    • Photograph
    • Transcript of Courts-Martial Trials
    • Place of entrance and separation

Covert8645

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    From the Department of Justice Freedom of Information Act:

Information that the Commission has determined to be public sector information includes the following: 1) name; 2) register number; 3) past and current places of incarceration; 4) age or date of birth; 5) race; 6) sentence data which consists of offense, date and place of conviction, and sentence length; 7) date(s) of hearing(s); and 8) decision(s) rendered by the Commission after agency proceedings, which are contained on the Notice of Action, including dates of parole.

Seeing as how Cory deserted and was apprehended and taken to Vigo County Jail, I'm sure his DOB is warranted on those documents for public view.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    4827143+_dde8146b7a7ae96baa2aeedc75ca38c3.gif

http://x1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/4827143+_dde8146b7a7ae96baa2aeedc75ca38c3.gif

Okay, what the hell is this?

ETA: don't know how to make the gif show...
    You just insert it like a regular image with the IMG /IMG commands.

Top Bottom