• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Yes they are! This shoot is a precursor to the Ohio State Championship. We will be shooting stages that they will have there, with their permission of course. There will be BP posses and smokeless. 12 stages Saturday and Sunday with side matches on Friday.

Shortterm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mentone
    Yee Haw!! Thunder in Paradise is gonna be a great warm up for the Ohio state shoot. I can't wait!!! Just hope i have my rifle fixed by then so I can run the **** out of it some more!!!! :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Hey boys, taking a look at CAS and like what I see and hear. I'd like to get a pair of Vaquero's to get started and I have a couple items in my safe that may get me there. I've got a S&W 686 - super sweet wheel gun with Bianci holster - and a complete lower (PSA receiver with RRA parts)...I may go to my local dealer and work a trade, or I may try to sell them outright then go buy what I want. Does this sound like something a CAS shooter would be interested in trading? It doesn't matter to me if the Vaquero's are used as long as they're in good shape.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Hey boys, taking a look at CAS and like what I see and hear. I'd like to get a pair of Vaquero's to get started and I have a couple items in my safe that may get me there. I've got a S&W 686 - super sweet wheel gun with Bianci holster - and a complete lower (PSA receiver with RRA parts)...I may go to my local dealer and work a trade, or I may try to sell them outright then go buy what I want. Does this sound like something a CAS shooter would be interested in trading? It doesn't matter to me if the Vaquero's are used as long as they're in good shape.

My thought is sell that stuff outright if you can and then take that money and get the gear you need for CAS. A lot of us have those types of firearms in our arsenal and will continue to build. The New model Vaqueros are quite popular in CAS. You will love em right outta the box. Maybe go to a few matches close to you and get to know some pards then you can see if anybodys interested in your gear and you get to learn more about this great sport. You will meet some great ppl and guarantee they will be strapping leather on you and get ya shooting and handling a variety of different guns. Try different guns first before you buy. A lot of us start with Marlin lever guns and then upgrade to 73s with short stroke kits. Some never leave the Marlin. The Colts and Colt clones are very popular pistols and then there is the decision...SxS or pump 97, or an 87 lever...decisions decisions, boots, hats, leather, category's etc... but that's why you need to go watch a couple of matches. I went to one and had all my gear in about two months. I shot other cowpokes pistols and rifles as I already had a SxS. Believe me, the guns getcha coming and the ppl keep ya coming back. The camper is what cost me the most.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My thought is sell that stuff outright if you can and then take that money and get the gear you need for CAS. A lot of us have those types of firearms in our arsenal and will continue to build. The New model Vaqueros are quite popular in CAS. You will love em right outta the box. Maybe go to a few matches close to you and get to know some pards then you can see if anybodys interested in your gear and you get to learn more about this great sport. You will meet some great ppl and guarantee they will be strapping leather on you and get ya shooting and handling a variety of different guns. Try different guns first before you buy. A lot of us start with Marlin lever guns and then upgrade to 73s with short stroke kits. Some never leave the Marlin. The Colts and Colt clones are very popular pistols and then there is the decision...SxS or pump 97, or an 87 lever...decisions decisions, boots, hats, leather, category's etc... but that's why you need to go watch a couple of matches. I went to one and had all my gear in about two months. I shot other cowpokes pistols and rifles as I already had a SxS. Believe me, the guns getcha coming and the ppl keep ya coming back. The camper is what cost me the most.

Solid Advice. I'm coming from Lawrence County in the south...I think Brazil is the closest for me. Definitely want to get to a match. I have a Henry Big Boy in .44Mag, but it doesn't look like anyone's shooting .44Mag...plus the Vaquero is only available in .357 and 45 Colt. Appears the .357/38Special is the most popular choice. So, I'll definitely be looking for a matching lever after I settle on the wheel guns.

Can't wait to see a match.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    JJ,
    I use a Rossi M92 in .44 mag and two Blackhawks in .44 mag for my match guns with a Baikal 20 gauge double. My daughter (Kaya, 13) uses my .38 Old Model Vaqueros and a new Winchester 1873 in .357 with a Stoeger 20 double.
    I use my .44 guns because I deer hunt with them too and another set is a little pricey to play CAS with only. Same with my double. I bought it for CAS but love hunting with it.
    Reloading makes the .44's easy to shoot, cheap and easy on the targets and I cast my own bullets too. Not the fastest caliber to use but faster than I can run.

Top Bottom