• ...and so much more!
  • yeti rider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Dec 17, 2011
    Lafayette
    badge_zpszbb9y64y.png

I'm at work right now, and that literall made me laugh out loud. I'm glad i wasn't drinking anything, or I would be cleaning my monitor as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I always keep my concealed carry badge concealed because it's nobody's business if I have a badge and concealed means concealed. :yesway:

Also, the element of surprise.

:shady:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I prefer to carry a big pink sash tucked away on my belt. Nothing says don't shoot me and I'm a good guy like a pink sash.

OP asked about martial arts. Truthfully any of them will help. I am taking TaeKwonDo with my son right now and while it is pretty much worthless for self defense I do feel better. Little bit of exercise and stretching every week helps middle aged fat guys. People worry about being able to fight, what they need to worry about is being more physically fit.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    How much is one of those fancy Wallets for a badge ?
    After a shooting will the State Police take your badge & wallet for evidence ?
    Or just the wallet ?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How much is one of those fancy Wallets for a badge ?
    After a shooting will the State Police take your badge & wallet for evidence ?
    Or just the wallet ?

Oh crap, now you've done it.... you went and said WALLET!

OP, I agree with you on doing SOMEthing. BJJ, KM... hell, a class in Tai Chi might even help some. As others have said, Indiana law does not define concealed carry, which is a good thing.

And yeah, the CCW badge is an awful idea. Even the funny one Hough made (see what I did there?) for which I'm about to rep him.

Blessings,
    Bill

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I am middle-aged , overweight and out of shape, so I think I would need something that allows me to quickly react to an assailant with more experience street fighting but not a lot of training because the longer the fight goes, my chances of success will diminish exponentially. I looked at martial arts classes and karate is within 30 min of me, BJJ is within an hour and krav maga is a 90 min drive, all one way. It seemed the KM would be most beneficial for the guy in the mirror right now and his needs, but the time commitment is so huge that I have doubts I would stick with it.

Choose the closest class (30 min.) and use the extra two hours that you would have been driving to KM class to work on your weight and fitness. Sorry, but no suggestions on dealing with the horror of being middle-aged.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you throw anything at me when I respond to a shooting, we're going to have problems. The only use for a CCW badge is to look like a tool, not to use it as one. No cop is going to catch what you throw, look at it, say "Gosh, a badge any tool can buy online, this must be a good guy in a good shoot!" What he's going to see is a guy with a gun throwing something at him. That's going full retard. Don't do it.

No, the badge doesn't matter in that scenario either. I know the guy who taught that class :D and he's had civilians offer to help him in lesser situations and had them get handcuffs off his belt while he held someone down, etc.

Just say no to CCW badges. It makes you look like a whacker (aka borderline police impersonator) and has zero use.

^^^^Totally THIS^^^^^^. Trying to join a gunfight thats already in progress is a good way to end up dead.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    foszoe jiu jitsu offers some excellent joint locks and holds for controlling an opponent but like most martial arts it takes quite a bit of study. I would bet that firearms specific training would give you more useful techniques faster.

Top Bottom