CSGV Coalition to Stop Gun Violence.Because MDA can't contain all the uneducated

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Hey, I'm a team player but I'm sitting this one out.
    I'll just watch from the bench.

I will admit, she's probably my type - Dumb as a doorknob.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Dear CSV
    I Feel you don't have a rational argument
    so you are forced to appeal to emotion

As an aside though she does have a point. When will Congress repeal gun free zones?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This is on CSGV's page

11924546_1155806934446870_2933091912106481023_n.jpg

I couldn't care less what you feel. But, how appropriate that a campaign built entirely upon emotional arguments would request their sycophants to express their feelings, rather than rational thought.

Also: #WhateverItTakes? What a truly frightening admission: these would-be tyrants are willing to do whatever it takes, including trampling the rights and freedoms of all people, in order to obtain their goal of civilian disarmament, leading to total control.

These people are the reason that we have guns: to defend ourselves from them.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I couldn't care less what you feel. But, how appropriate that a campaign built entirely upon emotional arguments would request their sycophants to express their feelings, rather than rational thought.

Also: #WhateverItTakes? What a truly frightening admission: these would-be tyrants are willing to do whatever it takes, including trampling the rights and freedoms of all people, in order to obtain their goal of civilian disarmament, leading to total control.

These people are the reason that we have guns: to defend ourselves from them.

In fairness, Chip, while I agree with you that she's wrong in the whole "whatever it takes" thing, we have to consider that most of the people that will hold those signs up and take pictures are not doing it "to obtain ... civilian disarmament" or for "total control". They're doing it for their goal of "saving the children", which is a far nobler purpose. It illustrates fully just how insidious their "leaders" are, that they would use the "the blood of our children" to achieve the goal you stated. I've seen on another board, years back, the idea that the antis lie in wait for another shooting, so they can "begin the Danse Macabre in the blood of the victims". I think Bloomberg, Schumer, Feinstein, and others of their ilk may have done that, but the rank and file? No. They just want to see kids stop dying senseless deaths, the same as we do. They have chosen the incorrect method of doing it, as history has shown, but they are otherwise, just like us in their wants and desires.
    In their view, no one's right to own a gun is more valuable than someone else's innocent life. I can't fault that, except that the innocent guy's gun isn't a threat to the innocent life (other than a missed shot that was aimed for the perp and hit someone else.)

Bloomberg, Soros, etc.? Yeah, those guys are just plain evil. I don't wish anything ill on them at all. I do not exhort violence against anyone, particularly them. That said, "natural causes" is a (insert word for female dog). I think this country, this world, would benefit from a few good funerals.

Blessings,
    Bill

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In fairness, Chip, while I agree with you that she's wrong in the whole "whatever it takes" thing, we have to consider that most of the people that will hold those signs up and take pictures are not doing it "to obtain ... civilian disarmament" or for "total control". They're doing it for their goal of "saving the children", which is a far nobler purpose.

Then they are idiots, who do not think their positions through - because their positions are based on emotion, and not on rational thought and logic. They are either too stupid or too lazy to think through their positions to their inevitable conclusions. The only way that "gun control" can effect "saving the children" is complete eradication of firearms. The only way to accomplish that is via complete civilian disarmament. And the inevitable outcome of complete civilian disarmament is total governmental control of the populace.

I spare them opprobrium for neither laziness nor stupidity.

It illustrates fully just how insidious their "leaders" are, that they would use the "the blood of our children" to achieve the goal you stated. I've seen on another board, years back, the idea that the antis lie in wait for another shooting, so they can "begin the Danse Macabre in the blood of the victims". I think Bloomberg, Schumer, Feinstein, and others of their ilk may have done that, but the rank and file? No. They just want to see kids stop dying senseless deaths, the same as we do. They have chosen the incorrect method of doing it, as history has shown, but they are otherwise, just like us in their wants and desires.

Then they are equally worthy of scorn for allowing themselves to be Useful Idiots to tyrants.

In their view, no one's right to own a gun is more valuable than someone else's innocent life. I can't fault that, except that the innocent guy's gun isn't a threat to the innocent life (other than a missed shot that was aimed for the perp and hit someone else.)

I fault it, because it is not only wrong, but also directly dangerous to my own life and liberty.

Bloomberg, Soros, etc.? Yeah, those guys are just plain evil. I don't wish anything ill on them at all. I do not exhort violence against anyone, particularly them. That said, "natural causes" is a (insert word for female dog). I think this country, this world, would benefit from a few good funerals.

Blessings,
    Bill

See, that's the thing: nobody on our side wishes evil/harm come to anyone on their side. All of that vitriol comes from them.

As for me, in the paraphrased words of Rush Limbaugh: I hope they fail.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If you'd like to have some fun hijacking the hashtag campaign, I have some (140-character friendly) ideas:

• They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security -Benjamin Franklin #WhateverItTakes
    • Every step we take toward making the State our Caretaker, by that much we move toward making State our Master - Eisenhower #WhateverItTakes
    • The jaws of power are always open to devour...if possible...the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing. - John Adams #WhateverItTakes
    • Democracy: 2 wolves & a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty: a well-armed lamb contesting the vote
    • Ben Franklin #WhateverItTakes
    • Freedom is not a gift bestowed by other men, but a right that belongs to us by the laws of God and nature - Ben Franklin #WhateverItTakes
    • Constitution is not...for government to restrain the people, it is...for the people to restrain government - Patrick Henry #WhateverItTakes
    • America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we...lose our freedoms it will be b/c we destroyed ourselves - Lincoln #WhateverItTakes
    • It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government - Thomas Paine #WhateverItTakes
    • Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? - Patrick Henry #WhateverItTakes
    • I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! - Patrick Henry #WhateverItTakes
    • The truth is, all might be free if they valued freedom, and defended it as they ought - Samuel Adams #WhateverItTakes
    • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • When the people fear government, there is tyranny. When government fears the people, there is liberty - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • The strongest reason to retain RKBA is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in gov't - Thomas Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • I'd rather be exposed to inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too [little of it] - T. Jefferson #WhateverItTakes
    • Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - James Madison #WhateverItTakes
    • In defense of the freedom that is our birthright...we have taken up arms - John Hancock #WhateverItTakes
    • The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed - Alexander Hamilton #WhateverItTakes
    • The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the U.S. from keeping their own arms - Samuel Adams #WhateverItTakes
    • The greatest tyrannies are always perpetuated in the name of the noblest causes - Thomas Paine #WhateverItTakes
    • Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth - George Washington #WhateverItTakes
    • To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace - George Washington #WhateverItTakes
    • The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - George Washington #WhateverItTakes
    • It [is] unjust and unwise to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it - George Washington #WhateverItTakes

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Unquestionably. But we won't get anywhere calling them names. Yes, they seek civilian disarmament, but not as a purpose unto itself. That's a side effect of their goal. From our perspective, it's like "stopping a threat". If I am placed in a situation where I must draw my sidearm, I will shoot, and I will shoot to stop the threat. My training has always been to shoot for COM, and realistically speaking, that's probably going to end up with someone dying, and that someone will not be me. The latter is my goal: That I not die.

I've just begun my 30th year in EMS. That's a long time to spend saving lives. I'm not going to turn my back on that. Regardless, though, if my actions in saving life (mine or someone's who is important to me) result in the death of someone else, (specifically the perp,) I'm not going to shed any tears. I'm also not going to drop my gun and go to save the perp. If he dies, that was his choice, not mine. The point is that his death may have happened, but was never my purpose. So it is with the sheep to whom you refer: They want to save children. If that means no one legally has a gun, so be it, but they frankly don't care about gun rights either way. Of course it's emotion-based; those feelings don't survive a challenge of logic.

Blessings,
    Bill

Then they are idiots, who do not think their positions through - because their positions are based on emotion, and not on rational thought and logic. They are either too stupid or too lazy to think through their positions to their inevitable conclusions. The only way that "gun control" can effect "saving the children" is complete eradication of firearms. The only way to accomplish that is via complete civilian disarmament. And the inevitable outcome of complete civilian disarmament is total governmental control of the populace...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Bill,
    Personally, I believe that you give the MDA too much credit. They do not want to "save children". They have not made a single argument for any action that would save anyone, at all. They simply want more laws. That's it, and it will never be enough.

More children (in the US) are surviving to adulthood than ever before, thanks to any number of factors. Crime is down, compared to decades previous. The "reasons" for more gun control don't back up their weak arguments.

These folks simply want to feel important. They want to feel like they are "doing something". They want to "make a difference". All from the comfort of their living room, in their slippers, from behind a computer keyboard (or more likely, their iPhone). This is an easy cause for them. Kind like the "save the whales" from the 80's. It costs nothing but a little time and a lot of emotion, which they have in excess.

An army of useful idiots, indeed, who will #hashtag the rest of us to death.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Swatting

“They are inciting their radical base to turn their own neighbors in.” LOL Who writes this garbage? Oh, these poor babies. God forbid they should have to endure some responsibilities to go with all those rights they demand. Keep calling 911, folks, ANYTIME you see an armed individual in public and have doubts about their intentions. We WILL NOT allow the well-being of our loved ones to be threatened by insane gun laws.

Would you swat this guy?

ector2.jpg

Gun control groups accused of ?swatting? open-carry permit holders, putting lives at risk | Fox News

Top Bottom